• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Interesting. So I guess there is no standard for the interview letter. each FO has a different one.

On mine, there is a list of documents on the back. It seems that this list is pretty general and does not belong to any particular case type. Among the list, it also asks for I-864 Affidavit of Support form (which my attorney has already included in the AOS package when I sent it to chicago).

Well, yes, I will definitely be taking those with me.
I don't have anything listed on the back. It's a single page interview letter in the format of:
"Please come to the location..."
Examining officer
Reason for appointment
"Bring this letter and the items listed below..."
[list goes on here]
"If you need a translator..."
"If you are unable to keep this appointment"
"Failure to appear..."
"This interview may be videotaped"

I am in a serious trouble guys, I am a DV 2013 winner form Asia, planned to do AOS. My case no is 2013AS000096**. Since this year numbers for asia is moving very slow do you think I can make it to the interview?

Hi all,

I tried to check my case through dvlottery.state.gov but couldn't get in??
I typed my confirmation number, last name, and year of birth, and Authentication characters but it didn't work.

I tried it for 4-5 times. Anyone knows whats up? I hope this doesn't mean I'm disqualified ir anything..? :(

You should forget about this website and stay away from it. I have the same scare, that I'm not a winner anymore if I look up on the DV website. You should just concentrate on your case number and the date you become current (the sooner the better).

Hi Everybody!

I just wanted to let you know that I'm GREENED!!.. we had our interview this morning, and it was very quick. The officer just asked us about the information that we show in our 485 form. After that she said " i'm glad you are here today because I have your visas avilables already waiting for you"!!! AWESOME!!!...the interview took literally 15 min. then she asked us to wait for 15min more so she can put the stamp in ours passports... FINALLY GREEN!!..she said that the cards will arrive by mail in about 2-3 weeks.

Thank you everybody in this forum all the information here has been very helpfull,.. and well good luck for everybody that still in the process and waiting for the interviews!!

So happy and blessed that I can't still believe it!

Hi Everybody!

I just wanted to let you know that I'm GREENED!!.. we had our interview this morning, and it was very quick. The officer just asked us about the information that we show in our 485 form. After that she said " i'm glad you are here today because I have your visas avilables already waiting for you"!!! AWESOME!!!...the interview took literally 15 min. then she asked us to wait for 15min more so she can put the stamp in ours passports... FINALLY GREEN!!..she said that the cards will arrive by mail in about 2-3 weeks.

Thank you everybody in this forum all the information here has been very helpfull,.. and well good luck for everybody that still in the process and waiting for the interviews!!

Congratulations Argeve!!! It's great to read your news!!!

Pryanik :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!!!!!!!

Hi Everybody!

Hi Everybody!

Congratulations Arqeve!

USCIS DALLAS Field Office

Is there any one in this forum who has done/are doing DV AOS in USCIS DALLAS field office ? I'm just trying to figure out average time they are taking for DV AOS cases in Dallas office.

Thanks Guys.

Can we apply for H1B Visa Transfer right after visa stamping(with old employer's h1b)

I just got my H1 and and my spouse H4 visa stamped last week. Now I am getting an offer from some other company for US. Can I transfer my H1b and H4 to the new company. if yes, then how long this process should take?

I just got my H1 and and my spouse H4 visa stamped last week. Now I am getting an offer from some other company for US. Can I transfer my H1b and H4 to the new company. if yes, then how long this process should take?

Wrong thread! Please post your question in the appropriate thread, this one is for AOS DV related questions only.

Is there any one in this forum who has done/are doing DV AOS in USCIS DALLAS field office ? I'm just trying to figure out average time they are taking for DV AOS cases in Dallas office.

Thanks Guys.

You may find your answer on the spreadsheet in the attached link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE#gid=0

Also you should consider updating your information on the spreadsheet for other people to benefit from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will probably become current around July, and I think you will make it in time for the interview (this is my guess). But if you don't quite feel that confident or reassured, it is not too late to change to CP, which means you will send out another set of forms KCC indicating your new choice, gather all the necessary documents for CP and attend the interview at the embassy in your home country. Note that if you've already made the $330 payment to DOS, you may not be able to use that receipt and you will need to make another payment at the time of your interview.

I am in a serious trouble guys, I am a DV 2013 winner form Asia, planned to do AOS. My case no is 2013AS000096**. Since this year numbers for asia is moving very slow do you think I can make it to the interview?

I had an interview today in the morning, and just now my status turned to "Decision - approved".

The interview took about 30 min, the officer asked me for copies of almost everything and I didn't have any :)
Then he asked for my physical address where I moved in just yesterday and I failed to give him the zipcode...

So, I thought my interview was over after such an epic fail, but he asked me some questions from the forms and said he needs to consult his supervisor and the decision will be sent by mail. The end of the interview was way less stressful than the beginning.

Thanks Guys.

Hi Hidhruba

I had interview in Dallas field office . Its in Irving. My interview was around 15min .

actodc00