• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

So I send my payment of $330 about 3-4 weeks ago. I wonder if they had received it so I emailed them.
They told me that according to their data's, they send me the receipt through email on the 11th of December.
Thing is, I searched my email inbox and junk and didn't find anything.

Also, I didn't know they would send me through email? I thought the purpose of writing your return address is so they can send it to our homes?

Anyways, anyone any ideas? The receipt is necessary, however I don't think its appropriate for me to pay another 330 because of their mistake. I'm sure my email is correct too.

Quite strange! I'm not aware of the payment receipt being sent by DOS via email. Did you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your payment or you simply put a return address on the envelope you used in mailing out the payment to the DOS?

So I send my payment of $330 about 3-4 weeks ago. I wonder if they had received it so I emailed them.
They told me that according to their data's, they send me the receipt through email on the 11th of December.
Thing is, I searched my email inbox and junk and didn't find anything.

Also, I didn't know they would send me through email? I thought the purpose of writing your return address is so they can send it to our homes?

Anyways, anyone any ideas? The receipt is necessary, however I don't think its appropriate for me to pay another 330 because of their mistake. I'm sure my email is correct too.

Hello all,
I think I have a major problem. I just finished my biometrics today and got an interview letter for Jan 25th. The problem is that it doesn't have my name properly written. My first name is X and my last name is two words Y and Z separated by a space. The letter is addressed to

Z, Y. This is confusing considering that all the other notices that I have got from USCIS have the name correctly in their system. Can some one clarify what I should do?

Thanks in advance

Hello all,
I think I have a major problem. I just finished my biometrics today and got an interview letter for Jan 25th. The problem is that it doesn't have my name properly written. My first name is X and my last name is two words Y and Z separated by a space. The letter is addressed to

Z, Y. This is confusing considering that all the other notices that I have got from USCIS have the name correctly in their system. Can some one clarify what I should do?

Thanks in advance

You can probably contact USCIS and try to fix this problem at your field office.

Pryanik :)

Please allow me to join in this forums, and hope you can welcome me you all. This forums might be my source of knowledge, Thank you all!...

Quite strange! I'm not aware of the payment receipt being sent by DOS via email. Did you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your payment or you simply put a return address on the envelope you used in mailing out the payment to the DOS?

Oh gosh! I misunderstood that they wanted me to include 'another' envelope! You're right, I only included a strip of printed paper with my return address. So what do you think I shall do now? I don't think they bother buying me an envelope and send me the receipt. Should I just send them an empty envelope withing an envelope this time? It'll have no money order so they might discard it thinking its useless stuff. I'm worried now :( anyone, suggestions?

Don't worry about the empty envelope. I know someone else who forgot to add it. They just returned the receipt with their own envelope. You are paying them $330 for each member. One empty envelop costs them nothing!

Oh gosh! I misunderstood that they wanted me to include 'another' envelope! You're right, I only included a strip of printed paper with my return address. So what do you think I shall do now? I don't think they bother buying me an envelope and send me the receipt. Should I just send them an empty envelope withing an envelope this time? It'll have no money order so they might discard it thinking its useless stuff. I'm worried now :( anyone, suggestions?

You can probably contact USCIS and try to fix this problem at your field office.

Hi Pryanik,
I am confused. How do I contact the local field office? There is no contact number specifically for them on the letter. I can probably contact USCIS but I think the letter was sent from the local field office though. I am in SF if this helps.

Hi Pryanik,
I am confused. How do I contact the local field office? There is no contact number specifically for them on the letter. I can probably contact USCIS but I think the letter was sent from the local field office though. I am in SF if this helps.

I meant you can call the USCIS number to discuss this issue and also you can setup online an InfoPass at your local field office. I think there is no ither way to contact your field office. Good luck, I don't think you will have problems with this.

I meant you can call the USCIS number to discuss this issue and also you can setup online an InfoPass at your local field office. I think there is no ither way to contact your field office. Good luck, I don't think you will have problems with this.

Thanks Pryanik. I will try to contact them on Monday.

I am preparing I-485 package in January. This may be a very minor question, but. How can I include all documents in one envelop. Meaning, I am thinking to use paper clips for some sets of documents (eg. IDs in one sets, paystub+taxes in another etc), and use bigger clip (one for each person). I actually need to include documents for three of my family. I will appreciate if you share your experiences.
Thanks.

Jay2013

I am preparing I-485 package in January. This may be a very minor question, but. How can I include all documents in one envelop. Meaning, I am thinking to use paper clips for some sets of documents (eg. IDs in one sets, paystub+taxes in another etc), and use bigger clip (one for each person). I actually need to include documents for three of my family. I will appreciate if you share your experiences.
Thanks.

Jay2013

FedEx and UPS have padded plastic bags to send document packages that do not fit in simple envelopes.

Don't worry about the empty envelope. I know someone else who forgot to add it. They just returned the receipt with their own envelope. You are paying them $330 for each member. One empty envelop costs them nothing!

Lolad, thanks! :) Actually an envelope came into the mail a couple of hours after your response! :)

I have a question. How do you do biometrics?
Can you do it before you are current, or do you have to wait until/after you are current?

Who do you have to contact to get a biometrci and does it have a fee?

Does anyone know when your medical expires?
I did mine in June 2012 and my number is 2013EU00026***.
In January, Europe's cut-off rank is 13,400

Does it mean I'll be current in June-July? Won't my medical be expired by then? :confused:

I have a question. How do you do biometrics?
Can you do it before you are current, or do you have to wait until/after you are current?

Who do you have to contact to get a biometrci and does it have a fee?

You just go to the ASC indicated and they take your fingerprints, picture, and signature. I did it on the especified date on my letter. Some people have done it before. You can only do it after you're current and your I-485 has been accepted. The cost is included in th $1070.00 you'll pay by check.

Does anyone know when your medical expires?
I did mine in June 2012 and my number is 2013EU00026***.
In January, Europe's cut-off rank is 13,400

Does it mean I'll be current in June-July? Won't my medical be expired by then? :confused:

The medical exam expires 1 year after the form was signed by the civil surgeon. We do not know if you will be actually current in June/July until the visa bulltein for those months are published. If you are current after June then I think you're going to have to do the medical exam again.

I was born in the Netherlands but have lived in Indonesia half of my life.
I somehow have my birth certificate in Indonesian language, I'm not sure if I have my Dutch one.
Is it allright if I use my Indonesian certificate but translated?
It should have the same details.