• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

loladvas13,

I have used the correct address from I-485 mailing instruction page . Since i sent it using fedex i used
USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

I will wait this week and give them call early next week.

thanks
actodc00

Hi,

My case number is also 13**. I also sent my application on Oct 1st. One week later, I received the receipt letter from USCIS. I know some other people in this forum in the same state.

Have u used the correct address to file your documents? If so, you might want to give them a call and do a followup on your application.

Wish u luck,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
My documents were also received on October 1, I used USPS Express Mail, and I sent them to the second address
USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn-3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

I haven't received any text/email conformation yet, even the checks are not cashed yet. When I checked the tracking number for the Express mail, it showed that the documents were received and signed by USCIS but it was written "received at Chicago, IL 60601" even though I wrote on the packet the correct zip code 60603, is this a problem?
Also, what telephone number I should use to give them a call, if I don't receive acceptance by next week?
Thank you.

Fingerprints

HI GUYS. ONE MORE QUESTION. I RECEIVED THE LETTER WITH THE APPOINTMENT FOR FINGERPRINTS, BUT I AM NOT SURE I CAN DO IT AT THAT TIME, COZ OF MY JOB. WHAT WOULD YOU SAY? IF I WILL RESCHEDULE IT , DO YOU THINK,THAT IT WILL TAKE LONGER TIME FOR ME TO BE SCHEDULED? I AM JUST AFRAID THAT I WILL MISS IT-IT WILL TAKE LONGER TO PROCESS THE APPLICATION. AND I AM AFRAID TO MISS THE APPOINTMENT.IN THIS CASE THEY WILL JUST REJECT ME. What would you recommend? thank you so much

My friends who have received their receipt numbers:

Can you guys track your case through the USCIS website? for mine it still says:

"Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283."

HI GUYS. ONE MORE QUESTION. I RECEIVED THE LETTER WITH THE APPOINTMENT FOR FINGERPRINTS, BUT I AM NOT SURE I CAN DO IT AT THAT TIME, COZ OF MY JOB. WHAT WOULD YOU SAY? IF I WILL RESCHEDULE IT , DO YOU THINK,THAT IT WILL TAKE LONGER TIME FOR ME TO BE SCHEDULED? I AM JUST AFRAID THAT I WILL MISS IT-IT WILL TAKE LONGER TO PROCESS THE APPLICATION. AND I AM AFRAID TO MISS THE APPOINTMENT.IN THIS CASE THEY WILL JUST REJECT ME. What would you recommend? thank you so much

It would be nice if you use lower case letters, using all caps in writing is similar to shouting in real life.

I think you should show up at the fingerprinting appointment. The government often screws up our application without our help, so don't give them the chance by rescheduling a set appointment. You can look for another job, but winning a lottery is usually once-in-a-lifetime deal. There is no, and I mean no, easier and cheaper way to get a green card than following through a DV selectee letter.

Guys,

I have called USCIS today, They still have not enter my file on system and asked me to call after one week. I will call them in a week and update

thanks
actodc00

It would be nice if you use lower case letters, using all caps in writing is similar to shouting in real life.

I think you should show up at the fingerprinting appointment. The government often screws up our application without our help, so don't give them the chance by rescheduling a set appointment. You can look for another job, but winning a lottery is usually once-in-a-lifetime deal. There is no, and I mean no, easier and cheaper way to get a green card than following through a DV selectee letter.

No need to reschedule the biometric appointment, they do walk-in too. Just go to USCIS office with your letter at the date you want.

Guys,

I have called USCIS today, They still have not enter my file on system and asked me to call after one week. I will call them in a week and update

thanks
actodc00

Hi Actodc,

Could you please share with me the USCIS number that you called? You can send it as a private message if you prefer.

Thanks!

Pryanik :)

Hello everyone, I just received the Fingerprint notice, scheduled for 11/8, does anyone have experience or hear from friends doing walk in before the scheduled date? I am not travelling out before 11/8 but just want to go earlier. Thanks.

Hello everyone, I just received the Fingerprint notice, scheduled for 11/8, does anyone have experience or hear from friends doing walk in before the scheduled date? I am not travelling out before 11/8 but just want to go earlier. Thanks.

From what I read here on this forum you can do walk in if you want but it won't speed up the process.

Pryanik777,

The bio appointments are also scheduled by national benefit center (NBC) at Missouri. So, it does not say that your case is transfered to the FO.

Thanks Loladvas!

Do you know if having received the biometrics appointment letter means that your file is already at your local USCIS field office? Or it is still in Chicago?

Pryanik :)

thx,sorry for caps... the thing is that i stay legally in usa just because of my job..if i will leave it-i will loose my status and then i will not be abble to get a green card, coz my status will be cancelled...(