• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

Right, you know there are plenty of people who couldn't even afford studying in the states ( like me for instance)and the lottery is their only chance. It's a bit selfish of you saying they should give priority to guys like you. That wouldn't be a lottery then..And I think, having studied there for 4 years, you've got plenty of ways to stay..at least more than I do that's for sure. I'm not saying it's easy, but the fact that you've been there for so long and graduate with american diploma, is already a huge plus..

That essay idea made me laugh, you know others would've done that too lol) And if they decided yours wasn't good enough, what would you do then.. Beg Obama to let you stay ? lol don't be silly man.

Apparently there was a discussion in the government to put a % of the green card lottery aside for international students, it won't happen soon but it should. Just remember we spend thousands of $ to study in the US, and we are not allowed to work off campus or more than 20 hours a week. If you study in Canada or Australia you have an option to apply for their green card to stay in the country cause they want to keep their graduates. In the US they give you 60 days to leave after OPT. Our only option is to apply for a H1B sponsor, which is not easy to get, but anyone with a BS degree from any country can apply for it, so we don't get any special treatment.

Countdown

Check this site for the countdown www.usvisalotterygh.com bt according to me the sun has just set its friday one day remaining! Bt av lost hope 0.01 % av lost hope guyz when is dv 2013?

Hey don't lose your hope! I have a good feeling for all of us in this forum!
I don't know how accurate is that site but May 1st is pretty near! Yay!

well i have 2 chances my wife and i applied for the dv 2012 and also my daughter ,either my wife or me will definately win i have faith in God
We have 2 chances as well. I hope one of you will be selected!!!!!!. This is life changing event for most of us!!!! If we don't win, there is nothing we can do to change the results. Just try to stay busy and the time will fly by.

We have 2 chances as well. I hope one of you will be selected!!!!!!. This is life changing event for most of us!!!! If we don't win, there is nothing we can do to change the results. Just try to stay busy and the time will fly by.

........................................................................................................................
please advise, i applied as married and i have a daughter of 4 years old,we only did traditional weddings without photogragh ,please if God favour us on Sunday how do we go about it

........................................................................................................................
please advise, i applied as married and i have a daughter of 4 years old,we only did traditional weddings without photogragh ,please if God favour us on Sunday how do we go about it
Do you have marriage certificate or other evidence like joint bank account, property documents etc.?

Do you have marriage certificate or other evidence like joint bank account, property documents etc.?
..........................................................................................................

nope ,we are planning to wait and see the result of may 1st then we can quickly rush to local governmeny at Ikorodu to have a registry weddings so that we can have a marriage certficates i hope no question from the consular since we have a baby girl 4 years old

..........................................................................................................

nope ,we are planning to wait and see the result of may 1st then we can quickly rush to local governmeny at Ikorodu to have a registry weddings so that we can have a marriage certficates i hope no question from the consular since we have a baby girl 4 years old
I've read a few cases where people got married after they were selected and got visa (see ovicity's post below for further information concerning this)

Last edited by a moderator:
yea i'm sorry but that's not how things work. you need a marriage license to prove you're married. i know they do say something about if you got married or had a child after you submitted your entry, however going on may 1st might not be the best idea. you should've done that already. i'm just speaking from what i know don't quote me on anything hehe. anyway good luck :]

yea i'm sorry but that's not how things work. you need a marriage license to prove you're married. i know they do say something about if you got married or had a child after you submitted your entry, however going on may 1st might not be the best idea. you should've done that already. i'm just speaking from what i know don't quote me on anything hehe. anyway good luck :]

...............................................................................................................
yea Lola2050,
well we did a traditional wedding 6 years ago and we have a 4 years old daughter though we dont have a marriage certificates yet though we are planning that after may 1 , we will try to have a marriage weddings at local government registry,caan you update me what else to do .