• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

I've also been a student in the US for 4 years, and I desperately, desperately, desperately need this green card. However, when applying there is no option where you can share this information or explain to them your situation. I really don't understand why they made this a lottery and don't decide on a case by case basis. I could have written a killer essay. But now I'm left with a 0.05% chance of a possible life.

It's funny when you think that the US was originally made out of people from different countries coming together, but now they've locked their borders and aren't allowing anymore (deserving) people in. Not exactly sure how is it my fault that my grandfather had more important things to do back home than leave everything and sail to America.

Right, you know there are plenty of people who couldn't even afford studying in the states ( like me for instance)and the lottery is their only chance. It's a bit selfish of you saying they should give priority to guys like you. That wouldn't be a lottery then..And I think, having studied there for 4 years, you've got plenty of ways to stay..at least more than I do that's for sure. I'm not saying it's easy, but the fact that you've been there for so long and graduate with american diploma, is already a huge plus..

That essay idea made me laugh, you know others would've done that too lol) And if they decided yours wasn't good enough, what would you do then.. Beg Obama to let you stay ? lol don't be silly man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Countdown

2 days to go in other words friday and saturday if i have a 0.01 % chance i have just lost hope

According to this site the Eastern Standard Time is 17:00 April 30th, right?
It's not possible results to be released before May 1st which means they can be released only after 00:00 EST...
However, it doesn't matter the time as we are too close to May 1st. So the hours are just a detail... Keep praying guys... I have a good feeling ;)

Remember guys, everybody in this has an equal chance of winning. Even if the percentage for each region is half a percent more or less it really does not make a gigantic difference. Sure people in Africa get the most visa's, nearly half of them. However that's only because the region with the highest amount of entries come from Africa, so everyone has an equal shot at this.

Everything is equal, you still have a chance people. It might not be much but that's my advice for y'all!

:D

2.5 days left. This thread will be flooded with WINNERS come May 1st....Woohoooo!!!

i told my wife i will scream in the mid night when i check on my laptop at home and everybody will rejoice with me i pray this come through in jesus name

well i have 2 chances my wife and i applied for the dv 2012 and also my daughter ,either my wife or me will definately win i have faith in God

Right, you know there are plenty of people who couldn't even afford studying in the states ( like me for instance)and the lottery is their only chance. It's a bit selfish of you saying they should give priority to guys like you. That wouldn't be a lottery then..And I think, having studied there for 4 years, you've got plenty of ways to stay..at least more than I do that's for sure. I'm not saying it's easy, but the fact that you've been there for so long and graduate with american diploma, is already a huge plus..

That essay idea made me laugh, you know others would've done that too lol) And if they decided yours wasn't good enough, what would you do then.. Beg Obama to let you stay ? lol don't be silly man.

Not that I agree with the preferential/case vs case assessment s/he proposed, but how exactly does a US diploma open any doors immigration-wise? It can certainly be helpful as far as graduate/post-graduate education is concerned, but I'm not seeing the "huge plus" part.

Boer: You sent me a PM? Whats that? Sorry, am new to forums.

I sent you a private message. Look at the top right next to your username there is a tab" Notifications" Check your inbox.