• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

thanks. but i didn't say school certificate=high school certificate, school certificate means i left school 2 years early but i got a certificate, i don't know if they have that system in the usa, so i don't know if i should put high school no degree or high school degree, because it's not a degree, but it is a legitimate completeion of a level of education in australia but if i put no degree will it then ask me what my job code is or will it ask me anyway????????????
thanks!

If you win they will have to see your completion of an equivelant of High School...GED is not counted as High School diploma either...

Marital Status

Hi everyone, I'm about to apply for DV2012. Everything is ready just to click the submit, but I'm suddenly feeling uncertainty which one to follow.

Please let me explain my situation. I'm already engaged with my fiance and we are going to marry in the middle of December. Now if I apply with marital status as MARRIED then I can't prove it and eventually this will end up with total false information.

However, lets say I apply now as SINGLE applicant. What will happen If my application will be selected in May. I heard (correct me if I'm wrong!!!) most applicants get rejected their visa if the date of marital status is stated just after the date of submission of DV application.

Good luck to everyone :)

Hi everyone, I'm about to apply for DV2012. Everything is ready just to click the submit, but I'm suddenly feeling uncertainty which one to follow.

Please let me explain my situation. I'm already engaged with my fiance and we are going to marry in the middle of December. Now if I apply with marital status as MARRIED then I can't prove it and eventually this will end up with total false information.

However, lets say I apply now as SINGLE applicant. What will happen If my application will be selected in May. I heard (correct me if I'm wrong!!!) most applicants get rejected their visa if the date of marital status is stated just after the date of submission of DV application.

Yes you are right. Most applicants get rejected their visa if the date of marital status is stated just after the date of submission of DV application. Now choice is yours married/unmarried. If you choose married, then how come it is possible to tick the married button because you will get married in the month of DECEMBER. (After applying DV2012). On the other hand if you will choose unmarried then you can not make it visible at the time of interview. Wait for any experience suggestion before applying.....

Sifu you are NOT yet married so you should put SINGLE on your form. If you put married you will have to lie on your form when you fill out your fiancee as your wife and what date of marriage will you put? Apply as a single then get married in December as planned. If you win you will have to prove that your relationship/marriage is not a fraud and this should not be difficult in your case since you already have a relationship with the person. Please collect evidence of your courtship such as emails, phone records, pics of vacations together etc and have a lot of pics taken at the wedding.

DO NOT add complication to your case.

Hi everyone! I'm new here and have tried to read all the threads, but have not found an answer to my question...so if anyone would be kind enough to help me...?

I have a Qualification in Advertising and have the working- experience needed + some university classes (allthough I do NOT have a highschool diploma...) and my husband in Qualified in data prosessing and programming, but was trained in an apprenticeship and then after the training got qualified.....(does not have a highschool diploma) + has a long experience on the workfield he is trained to do...Now, there was no choice of our education in the application, so I used highschool (since it is probably the closest, because of the years(?) and one could not use the vocational, since it isn't the same thing either...) Did I make a mistake by doing this or will I be able to explain my choice later, if I or my hubbie will be lucky on the lottery?

Please, if someone could provide me some info, I would be more than happy!

Thanks in advance!

Daniellmdq, this is a very good point. Interestingly, such persons probably will be selected without even knowing.

Thank you very much to bivrat and sonibago for your kind information. I really appreciate what you've said. Finally I submitted my application as single applicant. Sonibago, I think you're absolutely right. Luck will never favor you if you keep lying yourself again & again. If I lie here, I may have to lie again when I get selected. Whatever will happen just have to accept it and rest will be on the hand of ALLAH subanattallah - the great GOD!

I really hope this will be my first and last application to DV lottery... haha! My best wishes to everyone who desperately awaits for ONE - Good Luck :)

Helo 2'l
I want to someone to help me with this question plz.My friend was a winner for the dv2010, but unfortunate for him aftr his interview he was put on AP for several months until the deadline for the dv2010 program ended on the 30th september.The embassy told him that their system got locked after midnigt. He was call and told due to the time the embassy was not able to end the processing of his case. He was not given visa, he was not denied nor refuse, his passport was given to him without stamp and all other documents, eventhough his money was given back despires he was not at fault. Now my question is can he still play the dv 2012? Is there any possibilty of winning after been previous winner? or do any one ever heard that someone won dv twice. plz let me know his chances if he can apply or not. thanks

These are the requirements for photo

Head Position
o The person being photographed must directly face the camera.
o The head of the person should not be tilted up, down, or to the side.
o The head of the person should cover about 50% of the area of the photograph.
Background
o The person being photographed should be taken with the person in front of a neutral, light-colored background.
o Dark or patterned backgrounds are not acceptable.
Focus
o The photograph must be in focus.

Helo 2'l
I want to someone to help me with this question plz.My friend was a winner for the dv2010, but unfortunate for him aftr his interview he was put on AP for several months until the deadline for the dv2010 program ended on the 30th september.The embassy told him that their system got locked after midnigt. He was call and told due to the time the embassy was not able to end the processing of his case. He was not given visa, he was not denied nor refuse, his passport was given to him without stamp and all other documents, eventhough his money was given back despires he was not at fault. Now my question is can he still play the dv 2012? Is there any possibilty of winning after been previous winner? or do any one ever heard that someone won dv twice. plz let me know his chances if he can apply or not. thanks
Hi Raph,
Your friend can play the dv lottery again. There are several testimonies of winning the dv lottery two or more times in the past. One forum member (Ninche) is an example of this and most of us do remember her case. Whether he will succeed in getting his visa depends on the reason why he was put on AP in the 2010 DV program. If the reason was something not serious that just needed time to get resolved, I think he still has a chance in dv 2012. However, if that reason was something that would put your friend in a permanent rejection from being admitted to the US, then that would be difficult. An example of this would be a name check that linked your friend to some form of terrorism. Anyway, I advise him to try again and see what his chances would be in the upcoming lottery. Good luck.

I have similiar thoughts bentlebee. I truly do not believe that it is an actually 'lottery' per se. Think about it, someone has to programme the computer to select people based on their preference from all regions. For e.g. age, perhaps high level of education, single, a few married people w/children, a few persons with low level of education etc. so it's a mix of all areas so as to be fair across the board. So if this is true, that is why all of us stand a chance, not luck.

Thanks vry much bro 4 ur respond I'll ask him 2 play. I m vry sure that was not anythg serious. the reason he feel he was put on Ap 8's bcuz his interview was held in a french speaking country diff 4rm his own country, and they couldn't process 2000 cases in the dv 2010 fiscal year causing many foreigners to lost their program. He's a Christian with real American name, not from T countries (muslim or arab) that have related names. But i know all will b find. Blessing 2'll dv2012 applicants, consider it's already done.
Hi Raph,
Your friend can play the dv lottery again. There are several testimonies of winning the dv lottery two or more times in the past. One forum member (Ninche) is an example of this and most of us do remember her case. Whether he will succeed in getting his visa depends on the reason why he was put on AP in the 2010 DV program. If the reason was something not serious that just needed time to get resolved, I think he still has a chance in dv 2012. However, if that reason was something that would put your friend in a permanent rejection from being admitted to the US, then that would be difficult. An example of this would be a name check that linked your friend to some form of terrorism. Anyway, I advise him to try again and see what his chances would be in the upcoming lottery. Good luck.

Hi everyone! I'm new here and have tried to read all the threads, but have not found an answer to my question...so if anyone would be kind enough to help me...?

I have a Qualification in Advertising and have the working- experience needed + some university classes (allthough I do NOT have a highschool diploma...) and my husband in Qualified in data prosessing and programming, but was trained in an apprenticeship and then after the training got qualified.....(does not have a highschool diploma) + has a long experience on the workfield he is trained to do...Now, there was no choice of our education in the application, so I used highschool (since it is probably the closest, because of the years(?) and one could not use the vocational, since it isn't the same thing either...) Did I make a mistake by doing this or will I be able to explain my choice later, if I or my hubbie will be lucky on the lottery?

Please, if someone could provide me some info, I would be more than happy!

Thanks in advance!

hello friend, dis is a serious question, i'll advice u post it at the 2010, 2011 ghana thread or dat of nigeria, where there ar alot of xperienced winners to help u out. Gudluck.

I am highly impressed about the level of discourse and the sense of belongingness portrayed by members on this website. I have a worry and would be grateful for a help. I am currently in my last year in the university hopeful to graduate May 2011 and during my 2012 application, I filled university degree as my qualifying education but there is pending strike action by lecturers and scared of a distruption in the academic calendar which will mean an extension of graduation to 2012. If that happens, will it affect my application process even though I have SSCE cert?

I am highly impressed about the level of discourse and the sense of belongingness portrayed by members on this website. I have a worry and would be grateful for a help. I am currently in my last year in the university hopeful to graduate May 2011 and during my 2012 application, I filled university degree as my qualifying education but there is pending strike action by lecturers and scared of a distruption in the academic calendar which will mean an extension of graduation to 2012. If that happens, will it affect my application process even though I have SSCE cert?

realrka ar u a nigerian? It wouldnt affect u processin, as long as u av ur ssce, if u ar selected, while fillin ur dsp forms u can put ssce as ur highest level of qualification if u av stil nt graduated den. Gudluck.