• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

Lucky you dandiesel! Everybody needs to be extra careful not to lose their confirmation numbers. I don't think there's any means of retrieving the confirmatio2 cn number once lost. Therefore I suggest that one prints at least 2 copies and print the confirmation receipt to file (PDF) and save it in several locations.

I think they should select more than 100.000 persons with this new system, i'm SURE a lot will lose their numbers, or they will forget about the lottery, and never check their status, since nothing will come through postal service this time. Only people who is VERY VERY interesting in living in the US will remember to check the number, what do you think guys?

Forumites, please help me with this question,
I want to know if i can use P.O. Box ???? in mailling address of dv application because here in Africa some places are not really defined by house and street numbers ?

I'm telling you Sally. You got that one right . . .I've been trying my luck since 1993 and have lived in the U. S. in between for 4 years of my studies. So that explains even more how much I know what I want when I keep trying! I pray that this year is ours . . .

Good Luck for you!!

Last year the total Applicant was 16000000..............Waiting for DV 2012 applicant amount!!!!

Guys pls clarify me on this .

On the dv 2012 application , do i need to write the birth place completely as is stated on my birth certificate or only the city of birth ?

could anyone kindly explain Question 4 on d EDV form?it was stated that district,county,province,state should not be entered.
Can anyone simplify using France or Ghana as a case study

could anyone kindly explain Question 4 on d EDV form?it was stated that district,county,province,state should not be entered.
Can anyone simplify using France or Ghana as a case study

Yes you are right. district,county,province,state should not be entered. Only your birth city. It is very confusing....like in Bangladesh District is DHAKA, also city is DHAKA. I am also confused :(

Last edited by a moderator:
hello every body
Vocational School in the form dv 2012, might be disqualified from the draw? thank you for answering me:)

Hi ..to all
its great when i found that website..
i have a question..hope to find an answer to it

about the place of birth I was born in Saudi Arabia as my parents were working there , but I only hold Egyptian citizenship , so which country I should put in the form
country of birth (Saudi Arabia) or my citizenship country (Egypt).
P.s i dont hold Saudi passport ...
some people said i can apply with both ..sure to find some answers

Hi ..to all
its great when i found that website..
i have a question..hope to find an answer to it

about the place of birth I was born in Saudi Arabia as my parents were working there , but I only hold Egyptian citizenship , so which country I should put in the form
country of birth (Saudi Arabia) or my citizenship country (Egypt).
P.s i dont hold Saudi passport ...
some people said i can apply with both ..sure to find some answers

Dear, i think you should apply with your Saudi Arabia as your country of birth. Because at some point you need to submit birth certificate after selected in DV2012. Hope this information will help you...........Thank you.

Dear, i think you should apply with your Saudi Arabia as your country of birth. Because at some point you need to submit birth certificate after selected in DV2012. Hope this information will help you...........Thank you.
i know every one says that to me.. but i only have a Egyptian birth certificate from Egypt , and it says i was born in Saudi Arabia
is that enough or i must have Saudi Arabia Birth certificate..which i cant get.. as they dont issue it for non citizen i just happen to be born there i'm not even a citizen of Saudi..

i know every one says that to me.. but i only have a Egyptian birth certificate from Egypt , and it says i was born in Saudi Arabia
is that enough or i must have Saudi Arabia Birth certificate..which i cant get.. as they dont issue it for non citizen i just happen to be born there i'm not even a citizen of Saudi..

Look, you only need to provide the proof of your birth place. If it is written on your Egypt birth certificate that you were born in Saudi Arabia then it is obviously a strong proof. isn't it? You just need to be honest in every factor. Thats it.....

Look, you only need to provide the proof of your birth place. If it is written on your Egypt birth certificate that you were born in Saudi Arabia then it is obviously a strong proof. isn't it? You just need to be honest in every factor. Thats it.....
to me i guess its enough proof..that the egyptian government says it...
but my other question is if i apply based on my birth place "Saudi Arabia" and who know i won...i will be the whole process with my egyptian passport is that right..
and all my education till my university degree in egypt even my work years.. i even was in the egyptian army..
thats why it confusing.. cause all my papers will be as egyptian and Saudi arabia is just place of birth
thanks very much for ur input

to me i guess its enough proof..that the egyptian government says it...
but my other question is if i apply based on my birth place "Saudi Arabia" and who know i won...i will be the whole process with my egyptian passport is that right..
and all my education till my university degree in egypt even my work years.. i even was in the egyptian army..
thats why it confusing.. cause all my papers will be as egyptian and Saudi arabia is just place of birth
thanks very much for ur input

Ok....I understand the situation of yours. Look all the process will begin from your country where you are living now (Egypt - US Consulate). It will not affect on your docs that you are holding and not also on your application of DV2012. What you have now just present as it is in your application. Again i want to say be "HONEST". If you will selected for DV2012 then you will get the Visa for sure.

Ok....I understand the situation of yours. Look all the process will begin from your country where you are living now (Egypt - US Consulate). It will not affect on your docs that you are holding and not also on your application of DV2012. What you have now just present as it is in your application. Again i want to say be "HONEST". If you will selected for DV2012 then you will get the Visa for sure.
yup i know Honest is the best way..
i already visited USA and after that i liked it so much so hope this year i get it..
wish u same luck too thanks for ur help

question about education requirements for dv

I have completed a School Certificate in Australia (10 years of school) as opposed to a High School Certificate which is a 12 year course of study, am I eligible with that level of education to enter the dv lottery?
I have done alot of study that doesn't yield degrees just certificates, and my job training (artist) doesn't even rate on the job zone on the Onet website.
Is there any hope?

I have completed a School Certificate in Australia (10 years of school) as opposed to a High School Certificate which is a 12 year course of study, am I eligible with that level of education to enter the dv lottery?
I have done alot of study that doesn't yield degrees just certificates, and my job training (artist) doesn't even rate on the job zone on the Onet website.
Is there any hope?

Yes, why not? Look if your School certificate treated as a High school certificate then obviously you can enter into the program (But make sure that what are you saying is true "School certificate=High school certificate"), because the minimum requirement for the DV2012 is High school certificate or the job experience related with the O'net. So begin your entry and wait for the selection. Best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator: