• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

thanks KENNYEAST!

I am currently doing an MSc degree (online) and have not completed it. What do I tick in the education section....."University Degree" OR "Some Graduate level Courses"?

Choose some graduation classes since you already have a BS.

It might be luck but on the other hand either most people applying are students and younger than 30 yrs, or a huge percentage of students are winning, which to me makes me wonder how much is really a lottery or being chosen...JMO!

I have also noticed that, I have been a student in the US for 5 years now, and no luck so far, but maybe it will make a difference since I have a degree now, and taking grad classes... Someone told me that the Gov is thinking of taking a percentage of the DV lottery and give it only to students in the US, to keep educated people in the country which makes sense since they studied here. But I am not sure if it's true and if it will ever happen...

It might be luck but on the other hand either most people applying are students and younger than 30 yrs, or a huge percentage of students are winning, which to me makes me wonder how much is really a lottery or being chosen...JMO!

Or the third option which is more likely is that a higher proportion of winners that are either students, or have some high level degree, are searching for this forum and are staying active in it, after they won, of course. The sample of people in this forum is not necessarily representative of the total population of DV lottery winners.

It is too early to say that. That statement in the instructions contradicts to other statements.
The electronic form will be able to answer this open question.

Thanks AK27 for your motivational talk. Believe you me, I'm upto date with everything concerning living in the U. S. including everything about the DV Lottery. Nevertheless, I appreciate your input - we always overlook one thing or another. I said to myself that I'll never lose hope until I see the end of DV Lottery. I'm rather optimistic about this time and will attempt it more carefully with some few observational tips I got. Hopefully it'll do the trick. I wish you all the best of luck and I would keep on encouraging you never to lose hope because the one time that you will win will erase the thousand attempts that you failed. I also look at it this way - I have nothing to lose if I don't succeed an attempt and will have everything to gain on that one time that I will be selected!

Hallo Shihabmh,

Could you kindly share with us the observational tips you got to enable your dv lottery online application to be successful? Thanks

Choose some graduation classes since you already have a BS.

I have also noticed that, I have been a student in the US for 5 years now, and no luck so far, but maybe it will make a difference since I have a degree now, and taking grad classes... Someone told me that the Gov is thinking of taking a percentage of the DV lottery and give it only to students in the US, to keep educated people in the country which makes sense since they studied here. But I am not sure if it's true and if it will ever happen...

Thanks Boer!

I agree with you bentlebee to some extent. Most of the people who I have known to have won dv lottery are students. However, there are some who do not even have a degree. The people who really knows what goes on after the lottery registration is Kentuky.... 4 days to go!!!! Good luck everyone!!!

Realit33: There are quite a number of observations that I've made but the main one is that don't rush into submitting your application on day 1 because almost everybody does that. I think the first and the last days are days to avoid. I know several people who have won and they submitted their applications on week 2 or towards the end of week 1. The first and last days are days that a lot of people rush to submit and that lowers the daily chances. What I think they do on their random selection is that they pick a certain number of entries each day and therefore, on the days that there are least entries submitted is when almost everyone who submitted on that day gets picked. Now, on the days that there are a lot of submissions, a lot of entries go to waste because they have a cut-out point.

That's one big observation that I've made and I'm looking forward to try that myself this time. Good luck to all and I hope that everyone from this forum gets selected because all of us really deserve to win!

Shihabmh,
U got it right! I also came to that conclusion,too.
The bottom line is that 'cusera sera',what's gonna be,is gonna be.my prayer to every1 is that may God direct our steps.i truly wish every1 success this time around.

Realit33: There are quite a number of observations that I've made but the main one is that don't rush into submitting your application on day 1 because almost everybody does that. I think the first and the last days are days to avoid. I know several people who have won and they submitted their applications on week 2 or towards the end of week 1. The first and last days are days that a lot of people rush to submit and that lowers the daily chances. What I think they do on their random selection is that they pick a certain number of entries each day and therefore, on the days that there are least entries submitted is when almost everyone who submitted on that day gets picked. Now, on the days that there are a lot of submissions, a lot of entries go to waste because they have a cut-out point.

That's one big observation that I've made and I'm looking forward to try that myself this time. Good luck to all and I hope that everyone from this forum gets selected because all of us really deserve to win!

Thank you Shihabmh!

I had the same feeling too about the whole lottery issue but was not sure about it. One of the questions I was asking myself is how they manage to look through all the applications after the lottery...too much work!!

Good luck everyone.

Thank you Shihabmh!

I had the same feeling too about the whole lottery issue but was not sure about it. One of the questions I was asking myself is how they manage to look through all the applications after the lottery...too much work!!

Good luck everyone.

That's why they don't send out notifications anymore... Everything will be computerize.

I think better chances come after the first 5 days and before the last 5 days because I've tried on both the former and the latter but none has worked for me. However, I've submitted for at least 10 different people who have won and all those were on the second week and about 10days before the end. All in all, I wish all the best of luck to all of those who try their luck this time (including myself).

This will be my 6th time, and I have also tried at different times with no luck. I think it's just random picking and if your lucky your lucky...

Good luck to everyone... I will report back in May :)

You could be right boer. I remember you from last year's thread. My experiences might have just coincided with the timing that I hypothesize. It could very well be what you say; that it's just random picking and if you're lucky you're just lucky.

If anyone can answer this, pls do.

If I use mailling address in USA even though I ain't physically living in the States, will it gonna create any problem?

sifu..it's better that you put your present address since KCC would not be mailing the winning letters this year then there is no need to put a US address. Make sure and keep a copy of your confirmation number after you enter.

It says "The DV-2012 Lottery begins at Noon EDT on October 5, 2010"....i think that would be local time in US 12pm, still hrs to go, ryt?