• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

Cosmo, it means that there are six regions and each region gets its own case numbers starting from 1. For example - the first case that is selected by the computer from Africa gets case numbers 2012AF00000001, the second to be selected from Africa gets 2012AF00000002... etc. The same goes for each region (eg. the first case selected from Asia will be given 2012AS00000001.) Got it?

Cosmo, it means that there are six regions and each region gets its own case numbers starting from 1. For example - the first case that is selected by the computer from Africa gets case numbers 2012AF00000001, the second to be selected from Africa gets 2012AF00000002... etc. The same goes for each region (eg. the first case selected from Asia will be given 2012AS00000001.) Got it?

Oh, so it's case numbering. Got it! Thanks mush!

Guys,
What best option should someone who is in her 3rd year at the University choose as d educational qualification on d EDV online application?
Thanks in anticipation of ur reply.

cusera,

I think that you should be safe if you choose "Some University Courses". It won't make a difference though if you choose "high school degree".

10 More days and the nervousness begins! Make sure you get your photos right comrades! And, let us all discuss facts now before one of us makes a blunder and wishes he/she could undo it when its too late!

I have noticed that ALL children (including US citizens and green card holders) must now be included in the the application as well as their pics. So folks take note....
Correct me if my understanding of the rules are wrong. As Shihabmh said now is the time to discuss the facts and be clear on the rules.

For the first time the winners of DV 2012 will not get any postal mail notification about their success!

Everyone must have to check it through www.dvlottery.state.gov , entry status check from May 1st 2011.

Thus you must have to keep your ORIGINAL CONFIRMATION NUMBER !!

If you lost it, you will be lost forever.

More than that, this year lottery submission time has been reduced to one month only, starting from October 5 to Novermber 3 .

Childrens aged below 21, who r already green card holder/citizen should also be included in the EDV applicaion unlike previous year accoring to DV 2012 instructions FAQ 11.

Pay your attention!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Photo check!

Hey guys!
As I have always had troubles to get my photo right for the green card lottery I built a little free online tool which helps you make sure have it all correct:

greencardphotocheck.com

Good luck everyone!

On your entry you must list your spouse (husband or wife) and all unmarried children under 21 years of age. You must list your spouse even if you are currently separated from him/her, unless you are legally separated (i.e., there is a written agreement recognized by a court or a court order). If you are legally separated or divorced, you do not need to list your former spouse. You must list ALL your children who are unmarried and under 21 years of age at the time of your initial E-DV entry, whether they are your natural children, your spouse’s children, or children you have formally adopted in accordance with the laws of your country, unless such child is already a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident. List all children under 21 years of age at the time of your electronic entry, even if they no longer reside with you or you do not intend for them to immigrate under the DV program. Children who are already U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents will not require or be issued a DV visa. However, you should include them on your registration.

yes who knows...nothing is impossible with God.

When filling in the dv lottery online registration form, what do I write in the areas where I do not have any information to give. For example in the area of street address....etc? Do I just leave the spaces blank or write N/A?

yes who knows...nothing is impossible with God.

When filling in the dv lottery online registration form, what do I write in the areas where I do not have any information to give. For example in the area of street address....etc? Do I just leave the spaces blank or write N/A?

any area dat is not applicable to u, just write N/A , but not street address, u must av a street addr. Gudluck to u all, in Jesus name.

It might be luck but on the other hand either most people applying are students and younger than 30 yrs, or a huge percentage of students are winning, which to me makes me wonder how much is really a lottery or being chosen...JMO!

I'm a student and I didn't win.Even if it's not a lottery,but rather they choose certain people;unfortunately,there is nothing we can do about it.So,don't give up!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks KENNYEAST!

I am currently doing an MSc degree (online) and have not completed it. What do I tick in the education section....."University Degree" OR "Some Graduate level Courses"?

thanks KENNYEAST!

I am currently doing an MSc degree (online) and have not completed it. What do I tick in the education section....."University Degree" OR "Some Graduate level Courses"?

it depends, wen would u finish the program, if u knw u'll finish b4 2012 then u can use it, if not use university degree.