• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

Ramifications??? We don't care!!!!! If anything....we are concerned of the ramifications of cowardliness. "To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled – because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance." by Friedrich Nietzsche

This just made my weekend , Thanks:D

What is disturbing about the Facebook group is that they are so desperate their judgement is clearly clouded or they would question and look closer at White & Associates. No one works for free so this firm must have an agenda as something is clearly not quite there and things just don't seem to sit together. Mr White, the lawyer, is cunning enough to ask people to sign forms agreeing to put their name as plaintiffs in a class action lawsuit without any explanation about possible ramifications to these poor people's future. They may never get approved for a B2 tourist visa ever again, or get their student F1s renewed or their work H1Bs. He doesn't say a word about any of this but keeps deathly silent. Everything is roses, there is hope, just follow this, just sign this. Meanwhile, the Facebook leaders are asking people everyday send in your name, send in your name, send the forms, sign the forms, yes yes do it, do all Mr White tells you. Half the Facebook people barely even understand enough English and are just not sophisticated enough so they are led along like sheep. But Mr White is very clever because he has a disclaimer in his form these people do NOT have an attorney-client relationship with him so in years to come, if they find they are always rejected for tourist visas etc, they can't turn around and hold him accountable. No one can predict anything about how the government will react but everyone knows after 911, the US do not like foreigners, they are very suspicious of everyone and if you are not for them, then you are against them. So if you are brazen enough to sue them, then don't expect them to forgive or forget anytime, and your name in that law suit that you so happily signed up to may haunt you in years to come.

The Facebook group are also very quick to shoot down anyone who tries to say the result is really not random even when they have something to back this up and they are just trying to offer a different perspective. Instead, people try to just shut you up and go with the usual yes, yes, we are truly winners, we must get our Green Card. But then again these are the same people who are foolish enough to do anything without even looking properly at their actions and its potential impact for their own future.

Well said. People need to choose their battles wisely, otherwise they may suffer for their actions in the future. Yup, people do not know the significance of a 'disclaimer'. In addition, I hope that their actions doesn't end up in DOS database and flagged as- suing the USA gov't on the basis of an error to obtain LPR= 'immigrant intent'. Don't sleep on this. OPPS!! They have provided their 'personal' names.

Melogy is so quick to say "cowardliness". One of the most prolific posters on the Facebook group refuses to give her real name, refuses to divulge real identity and so did not step up when asked by someone to make a call to a senator's office so if you want to talk about cowardice, then don't contradict yourself in the first place because there are a lot of smart people. People who use the ones who are not educated, the ones who don't speak much English, the ones who are not worldly enough but just follow, follow, follow like puppets... The smart ones hide behind them....

Thanks Melogy! Fear is the greatest enemy of human beings. Lets fight for our rights even if we loose. Getting a ban from the US is not the end of the world, people had made it without going to the US. If anyone of you is afraid of being part of the lawsuit, then do us a favour and keep your mouth shut. Thanks!
Ramifications??? We don't care!!!!! If anything....we are concerned of the ramifications of cowardliness. "To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled – because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance." by Friedrich Nietzsche

My DOS

Did DOS only fix the computer error and intend to re-run the dv lottery with the same failed program? Or will they introduce a new program?

I do wonder at times if there was truly 'an error' or just an excuse to modify the criteria for DV-2012. For e.g., I won't be surprised if they programme the software to 'randomly' select persons with advanced education because of the bad economy in the USA. They said that the 'error' was not an intentional act but this maybe the case and that is why they were not taking any chances especially because of Osama's death which took place a few days before the results were released.

In addition, I just cannot wrap my brain around what took them so long to detect this so-called 'error'? (5 days!!) Since it was a new software or whatever they used, why didn't they test it before releasing the results? So strange!! These are just rhetorical questions.

Nevertheless, there could be something DOS is not revealing to the public in this case and I guess they are not obligated to do so. We will never know all of the facts and real reason (s) behind this ordeal. However, we have no choice but to accept the 'said' reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the reports it sounds like someone made a very basic mistake in the "end date" for allowed entrants and it went unnoticed until after the results were posted. So really the machine itself worked fine, the person in charge of setting up the details of the valid draw dates errored. Testing probably wouldn't have noted the error as they used test date1 to test date2 . The government tend to work with a date that is backwards to the mind of USC's So once the results were drawn someone ran a histogram of the entered date vs winners and noted that ALL the winners were from the first few days of entrants. It probably took them 2 days to wipe up all the coffee they spilled as they looked for a way to tell the boss that there was a problem ( and fixed their resumes just in case )

Thanks Melogy! Fear is the greatest enemy of human beings. Lets fight for our rights even if we loose. Getting a ban from the US is not the end of the world, people had made it without going to the US. If anyone of you is afraid of being part of the lawsuit, then do us a favour and keep your mouth shut. Thanks!

Then why are you so intent on going to the US if "people have made it without going to the US" ? You are truly confused! Posting on other forums saying "To all my fellow previous selectees, this news is indeed disappointing but let us keep hope alive and let due process reign. Guess we would all like to be selected as part of a 'FAIR' process rather than one with some controversy. Let us all KEEP HOPE ACTIVELY ALIVE while we look forward to July 15. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!" and coming here to post this ??? Frustration is bad dear forumites, it can turn people insane. You are not even consistent in what you say is your ''right'' and you want to be taken seriously?!? And we should keep our mouth shut? keep our mouth shut? because we refuse to take your side in something as ridiculous as this? This is getting even more interesting, i like....a lot :rolleyes:

Whatever, suite yourself...got better things to do than idle argument.
Then why are you so intent on going to the US if "people have made it without going to the US" ? You are truly confused! Posting on other forums saying "To all my fellow previous selectees, this news is indeed disappointing but let us keep hope alive and let due process reign. Guess we would all like to be selected as part of a 'FAIR' process rather than one with some controversy. Let us all KEEP HOPE ACTIVELY ALIVE while we look forward to July 15. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!" and coming here to post this ??? Frustration is bad dear forumites, it can turn people insane. You are not even consistent in what you say is your ''right'' and you want to be taken seriously?!? And we should keep our mouth shut? keep our mouth shut? because we refuse to take your side in something as ridiculous as this? This is getting even more interesting, i like....a lot :rolleyes:

Whatever, suite yourself...got better things to do than idle argument.

LMAO!!!! Now you have been called out you have better things to do....yeah right! I would just like to say a big thank you to these clowns, you really made my weekend, thanks and God bless

So base on what you said, they will likely use the same software> I hope they do it right this time. I personally don't even think they used new software. Don't think it has anything to do with OSama's death either, DOS site was down before his death.

I do wonder at times if there was truly 'an error' or just an excuse to modify the criteria for DV-2012. For e.g., I won't be surprised if they programme the software to 'randomly' select persons with advanced education because of the bad economy in the USA. They said that the 'error' was not an intentional act but this maybe the case and that is why they were not taking any chances especially because of Osama's death which took place a few days before the results were released.

In addition, I just cannot wrap my brain around what took them so long to detect this so-called 'error'? (5 days!!) Since it was a new software or whatever they used, why didn't they test it before releasing the results? So strange!! These are just rhetorical questions.

Nevertheless, there could be something DOS is not revealing to the public in this case and I guess they are not obligated to do so. We will never know all of the facts and real reason (s) behind this ordeal. However, we have no choice but to accept the 'said' reason.

LMAO!!!! Now you have been called out you have better things to do....yeah right! I would just like to say a big thank you to these clowns, you really made my weekend, thanks and God bless

These people have made my weekend as well phronesis. I'm noticing that they're confusing "opportunity" with "rights" and yet they're also so contradictory of themselves . . .one moment they're fighting for their so called "rights" and the next they don't need the U. S.. LMAO!!! I think someone out there needs to educate these people on simple English terms like "rights" and "opportunities" before they get ripped off money by lawyers.

So base on what you said, they will likely use the same software> I hope they do it right this time. I personally don't even think they used new software. Don't think it has anything to do with OSama's death either, DOS site was down before his death.
I hope they do it right this time too. However, Osama's death was announced on May 1st, 2011 by Mr. Obama (the same day that the results were released). The site went down on May 5th, 2011.

People say a lot of things to get what they want. In one of the complaining letters sent by Mr White, he said people apparently got married, quit their jobs, moved country, sold their personnel possessions like cars etc. Let me remind you, this is all supposed to have happened in the space of less than 2 weeks from the time people got their notification letters to the voiding. Fact or fiction???!!!!

People say a lot of things to get what they want. In one of the complaining letters sent by Mr White, he said people apparently got married, quit their jobs, moved country, sold their personnel possessions like cars etc. Let me remind you, this is all supposed to have happened in the space of less than 2 weeks from the time people got their notification letters to the voiding. Fact or fiction???!!!!
Getting married and resigning from a job can be done in less than 2 weeks. However, the others are somewhat impossible to be done in a short time frame.

Exactly....he also sold his sold and made a deal with the devil lol

Some people are just plain dumb....on the DV website it sates that '' In order to receive a DV to immigrate to the United States, those chosen in the random drawing must meet ALL eligibility requirements under U.S. law''. Just because you were selected does not mean you have the green card, it is until you have met all eligibility requirement during the interview process before you are granted a GC. What do you think the interview process is for? or why do you think people don't just pack up and go to states after the random draw, it is because the interview process will determine if you get the GC!!!! . Being selected in the random draw is just the first step or haven't you heard of people being selected by the computer and failing their interview due to inability to produce school documents , etc.and thus refused a visa/GC.... so trying to come up with you sold your house/ spat in ur bosses face and quit your job, isnt going to cut it!. PLEASE PEOPLE SHOULD LEARN TO READ!

Damn!!! Think all you so called DV2012 22,000 selectees & Mr. White (their fire power) have no tangible thing 2do wit ur lyfe rather than fooling around.
Did you enter into any contractual agreement with the DOS?
Were u force to enter the lottery by the DOS/ any payment?.

Q: Why was it necessary to invalidate the names that were selected?

U.S. law requires that Diversity Immigrant visas be made available through a strictly random process. A computer programming error resulted in a selection that was not truly random.

Since the computer programming error caused an outcome that was not random, the outcome did not meet the requirements of the law, and would have been unfair to many DV entrants---------------------------- So wat d hell/explaination did u want again?

The info on the dvlottery.state.gov website is ok for a matured/civilize/ well educated/ambitious/law abiding citizen of any country to understand and keep mute. Mr. White(DV 2012 - 22,000 immigration attorney) is just riding on diz issue to get much more famous. he haz nothin 2 lose. Even if u get 2 court, d info on their website is enough for the judge 2 struck out ur case. U r giving d privilege for free and u r dying hard on wats givin 2u 4 free as if u hav no future ambition in lyfe......wat if there’s no lottery - u would probably dug a tunnel to the US out of desperation?

14million entrants (on d DOS side) VS. 22,000 die hard -fake- counterfeit - phoney - hopeless selectees............:rolleyes:

So as d adage goes, whatever is worth doing at all, is worth doing well.........DOS has explain while it takes its decision to a logical reasoning. I wont b surprise if d dv lottery is totally scraped bcos a bill to kill Dv Lottery base on luck has been up by d republican house and d nonsense you pple are doing might do bad than good..if not now, but in d future n dis DV 2012 22000 is generating heat beyond d visa lottery circle.. The Office of d Inspector General (DOS) dat oversees the Consular has promised Mr. White a review of DV2012 .....Hu knoz wat d outcum 'll be like? Wat if d house pass a resolution 2 cancel whole DV2012 & future rest (God Forbid) due to diz unrest.......So i say DV2012 22,000 pls dont cancel d future dreams of millions of pple worldwide.......:(

Accept ur faith, die hard bad spurious losers...............otherwise your action might hunt ur *** down ...hun :(