• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

they will release the entrant status check website at the beginning of April
as in z previous years.

they will release the entrant status check website at the beginning of April
as in z previous years.

Hi, where did you get this information as the official status check date is May 1st? I believe that they started sending out the letters early in previous years to ensure that everyone receives the same in a timely manner. However, since the results will be posted via website, there is no reason for them to allow access before May 1. I think that KCC need as much time as they could get . Nevertheless, it will be nice if they start early, but i highly doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct, the plan is to re-allocate those visas (50,000) to certain employment-based immigrants who obtain an advanced degree in the United States. Not sure if it will happen or when...

http://www.immigrationdirect.com/bl...h-a-new-employment-based-green-card-category/

...This bill, on the other hand, shifts the 55,000 visas to a new green card category, increasing the opportunities of educated and qualified, foreign born employees to come to the United States and relieving some of the pressure on an already back-logged Employment-Based Green Card process

These 55,000 new visas would be available to foreign-born graduate students who obtained a science or medical degree from a U.S. university and whose services are sought by an employer in the United States.

In other words - giving 55 000 visas to the rich. I doubt that bill would pass.

Thank you Kennyeast. You have been so encouraging and helpful to everyone on this forum. Sadly, people either do not know God, do not believe He exists or acknowledge Him. Yes, He cares for us and knows what is best for us. Jehovah is VERY MUCH ALIVE and is the only true God. However, I patiently wait for confirmation on May 1st. If it does not happen this time, maybe it will another time. But whenever it happens, I know it will be the right time. If God says yes, who can say no? Who can shut the door he has or is about to open? absoutely noone!!!

God bless you!!!

Everybody who entered the lottery has an equal chance of getting a shot for the visa. No country has more or less chance of getting a visa, in the end it really is luck. Sure 50% of Africa get visa's, but that's only because nearly half of the countries eligible for the DV lottery are located in the African region.

New born baby

I am an applicant of 2012 dv ,now we have a new baby December 2010. i want to mail kcc to inform them about the new development but ki don't know their email addess pls can somebody help me out

I am an applicant of 2012 dv ,now we have a new baby December 2010. i want to mail kcc to inform them about the new development but ki don't know their email addess pls can somebody help me out

Hi, you should inquire if you are a winner. May 1st will soon be here!!

dont put the cart before the horse.u can only do after you have confirmed on their website that u or ur wife was selected.my advice is that u wait till after May 1.

One more month to go!

Best of luck everyone! :D

I wonder if they've picked the winners yet?

Well well.... 30 days to go now... in 4 weeks time, all the anxiety will be gone! Fingers crossed

Yes, next month around this time, we will know the results!!! The count down is on................

One more month to go!

Best of luck everyone! :D

I wonder if they've picked the winners yet?
I believe they have already picked the winners, sorted the documentation and created files for them. I presume this is what they have been doing since the end of the registration period.

I'm not really fussed if I get selected or not but it would be nice if I was selected. Being only 19 years old I'm not sure they might even take me serious enough, even if I do have the High school diploma and a sponsor and right funds and what not.

Anyway good luck people whether you get selected or not there is always next time.

I'm not really fussed if I get selected or not but it would be nice if I was selected. Being only 19 years old I'm not sure they might even take me serious enough, even if I do have the High school diploma and a sponsor and right funds and what not.

Anyway good luck people whether you get selected or not there is always next time.
You maybe amoung those who are selected as you are young and single. I don't see why they may not take you serious. As long as you meet all of their requirements, you should be OK. We await to see your post indicating that you were selected on May 1st....lol.

They really should release the results now. Please KCC, release them!! I am so anxious to know; win or lose. LOL!!

@Adediran, u av to be selected first be4 u can change anytin, even wen u win u don't av to contact them bcos u'll av fill the dsp & ds form.

Hey, I'm your age and have similar circumstances. I'm not bad at english (I think), sort of know a sponsor and have a high school diploma. I don't see why we shouldn't be taken seriously considering there have been plenty of winners over the years, who didn't even speak the language and all got approved. I've read about cases of 16-18 year olds, who were successful at the interview. So I''m really anxious about the whole thing)) I know I shouldn't rely on it that much, but it's hard not to. It's good to know there are other guys my age.. Let's hope for the best :) Although, I can see why you're not fussed, Canada is pretty much like America, no ?