• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Asia Selectees

Hi every one
i want share all of you in this thread my case number is very high 2012AS00073XXX and as i been searching for the last week we have two very important issues her:
1- according to the last 5 years of visa bulletin all the cases will be current in SEPTEMBER of the next year (2012) so don`t worry to much regarding this issue and may be August.
2- This Year is very Special because all of know that they select the winners two times first time around 22000 person selected and then they been canceled so i assume they issue 22000 case numbers and theoretical they can not use the same number twice for the new winners but lets wait and see the coming visa bulletin it will clarify for us more.

Hi EYW979

As you are in H1b same as me, for ds-230 question 10 do you give your own USA adress because i am guessing we donot required sponsorship or support as we already have full time job in USA right. Please reply

Hi EYW979

As you are in H1b same as me, for ds-230 question 10 do you give your own USA adress because i am guessing we donot required sponsorship or support as we already have full time job in USA right. Please reply

Hi sai-473 Now question # 10 is your address in the USA where you will live or you already living at, so for us you can put the current address and if you change it later you can change it at the interview time but you can`t change it after the interview.
regarding the sponsorship i know we don`t need sponsorship but to have strong case you have to prepare every thing you can so affidavit support + employment letter +
pays tub + tax return what ever you can collect it will support.

Thanks, It help me lot, I meet lawyer who also suggest me samething, better take the evidence of support if required then only submit it

Please don't stuck on the legal process! Read the articles as follows:

..California "Dream Act" approved for illegal immigrants

By Alex Dobuzinskis | Reuters – 17 hrs ago
....tweet102EmailPrint......LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - California Governor Jerry Brown signed into law on Monday a bill allowing illegal immigrants to receive privately funded scholarships to attend the state's public colleges and universities.

The bill, dubbed the California Dream Act, passed the state Legislature earlier this month and aims at helping illegal immigrants who earned a diploma after attending at least three years of high school in the state.

Enactment of the California measure came three days after opponents of a similar law in Maryland collected enough signatures to force a state referendum seeking its repeal.

"At the end of the day, if we're going to continue as a powerful, equal-opportunity society, we're going to have to invest in our people," Brown, a Democrat, said at the signing ceremony in the library of a Los Angeles community college.

The California law is named after national legislation in Congress to give young, undocumented immigrants who have lived in the United States for at least five years a pathway to citizenship through college or military service.

The federal bill failed to win passage in December 2010, and its chances have dimmed since a newly elected Republican majority took control of the House of Representatives.

Critics say the California Dream Act gives illegal immigrants a false promise because their status will not change after graduating from college and they will remain unable to find legal employment. Former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, a Republican, vetoed an earlier version of the bill last year.

But Julian Rivera, 20, a student at the University of California at Berkeley who entered the United States illegally with his parents at age 12 from Mexico, said the measure could make it easier those like him to afford to stay in school.

"It doesn't matter where you come from, it doesn't matter what your background is, it just matters that you have passion for something and you want to do it," he said. "This is a country that has given us that freedom."

OPPOSING "THE DREAM"

Patrick McDonough, a Republican member of the Maryland House of Delegates who helped lead the petition drive for the repeal initiative there, said U.S. citizens who are struggling to pay for college should not have to compete with illegal immigrants for scarce financial resources.

"People would say, 'Why should we, when we're having tough economic times ourselves, pay for someone who is here illegally?'" he said.

The new California law is fairly limited in scope, making undocumented students who qualify eligible for private scholarships. A separate bill under consideration in the legislature would allow illegal immigrants to seek publicly funded scholarships as well.

State law already allows illegal immigrants who qualify for admission to a four-year state university to pay in-state tuition rather than the more expensive out-of-state tuition rate. But four-year institutions are still beyond reach for many undocumented students without financial aid.

Twelve other states also grant in-state tuition eligibility to illegal immigrants based on attendance and graduation from a state high school, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, South Carolina and Indiana have laws barring illegal immigrants from in-state tuition benefits.

Passage of legislation in California and Maryland to extend private scholarships to illegal immigrants comes as a number of states, led by Arizona, have taken steps to crack down on the undocumented.

"You're going to see the red states go more the Arizona approach and blue states the California Dream Act approach," said John Skrentny, director of the Center for Comparative Immigration Studies at University of California, San Diego.

(Reporting by Alex Dobuzinskis; Editing by Steve Gorman and Cynthia Johnston)

Please don't stuck on the legal process! Read the articles below please:

..California "Dream Act" approved for illegal immigrants

By Alex Dobuzinskis | Reuters – 17 hrs ago
....tweet102EmailPrint......LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - California Governor Jerry Brown signed into law on Monday a bill allowing illegal immigrants to receive privately funded scholarships to attend the state's public colleges and universities.

The bill, dubbed the California Dream Act, passed the state Legislature earlier this month and aims at helping illegal immigrants who earned a diploma after attending at least three years of high school in the state.

Enactment of the California measure came three days after opponents of a similar law in Maryland collected enough signatures to force a state referendum seeking its repeal.

"At the end of the day, if we're going to continue as a powerful, equal-opportunity society, we're going to have to invest in our people," Brown, a Democrat, said at the signing ceremony in the library of a Los Angeles community college.

The California law is named after national legislation in Congress to give young, undocumented immigrants who have lived in the United States for at least five years a pathway to citizenship through college or military service.

The federal bill failed to win passage in December 2010, and its chances have dimmed since a newly elected Republican majority took control of the House of Representatives.

Critics say the California Dream Act gives illegal immigrants a false promise because their status will not change after graduating from college and they will remain unable to find legal employment. Former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, a Republican, vetoed an earlier version of the bill last year.

But Julian Rivera, 20, a student at the University of California at Berkeley who entered the United States illegally with his parents at age 12 from Mexico, said the measure could make it easier those like him to afford to stay in school.

"It doesn't matter where you come from, it doesn't matter what your background is, it just matters that you have passion for something and you want to do it," he said. "This is a country that has given us that freedom."

OPPOSING "THE DREAM"

Patrick McDonough, a Republican member of the Maryland House of Delegates who helped lead the petition drive for the repeal initiative there, said U.S. citizens who are struggling to pay for college should not have to compete with illegal immigrants for scarce financial resources.

"People would say, 'Why should we, when we're having tough economic times ourselves, pay for someone who is here illegally?'" he said.

The new California law is fairly limited in scope, making undocumented students who qualify eligible for private scholarships. A separate bill under consideration in the legislature would allow illegal immigrants to seek publicly funded scholarships as well.

State law already allows illegal immigrants who qualify for admission to a four-year state university to pay in-state tuition rather than the more expensive out-of-state tuition rate. But four-year institutions are still beyond reach for many undocumented students without financial aid.

Twelve other states also grant in-state tuition eligibility to illegal immigrants based on attendance and graduation from a state high school, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, South Carolina and Indiana have laws barring illegal immigrants from in-state tuition benefits.

Passage of legislation in California and Maryland to extend private scholarships to illegal immigrants comes as a number of states, led by Arizona, have taken steps to crack down on the undocumented.

"You're going to see the red states go more the Arizona approach and blue states the California Dream Act approach," said John Skrentny, director of the Center for Comparative Immigration Studies at University of California, San Diego.

(Reporting by Alex Dobuzinskis; Editing by Steve Gorman and Cynthia Johnston)

Hi guys, my case number is AS00046***.
I have I-visa as spouse of my husband(I-visa), and live in U.S. now.
I sent documents to KCC that I will go with CP.
(but Im thinking to cahnge it to AOS or not...ah~...)

the KCC told me I cannot do anything until my CN is current.
but we can start medical exam or immunization ?

Hi guys, my case number is AS00046***.
I have I-visa as spouse of my husband(I-visa), and live in U.S. now.
I sent documents to KCC that I will go with CP.
(but Im thinking to cahnge it to AOS or not...ah~...)
the KCC told me I cannot do anything until my CN is current.
but we can start medical exam or immunization ?

Hi maronosky
i believe the (I) visa is a nonimmigrant visa for representatives of the foreign media temporarily traveling to the United States (U.S.), so you can process by AOS instead of CP and you can read the thread for DV 2010 AOS only and DV 2011 AOS only the process is little bit complicated because you have to wait to get letter to do the Biometric and do fingerprint then they will make check up through FBI about you and some cases they put it under (extended review) so the problem is the time, since your case number is high if i were you i will not take risk and i will go to CP and remember you have to be legal status to process AOS
Now regarding Medical Exam don`t rush because its valid for one year so if you want to do it you can next February or March
but we can start medical exam or immunization

I will suggest for CP, I have seen in forum, one person get rejected due to not having current for their case and usually it take at least 3 months to get your GC after your case is current.

Thank you for advices!
I'll go with CP. I think I don't have enough time to do aos...
Do you guys hire lawyers to do process? Or doing all by yourself?

I talked to lawyer for few questions, which you can clarify in this forum by posting it there is a thread reagardignhow to fill dsp-12 and s-230, Lawyer here is not expereinced enough for DV lottery question

If we decide to to CP and for some reason Visa was denied then what will happen to our status that we were before the interview. Can we re-enter USA on same visa that we were before interview or not.
Currently, I am on H4 visa. It will be great help if someone can answer to this question. Then I can decide which route to go CP or AOS.

If we decide to to CP and for some reason Visa was denied then what will happen to our status that we were before the interview. Can we re-enter USA on same visa that we were before interview or not.
Currently, I am on H4 visa. It will be great help if someone can answer to this question. Then I can decide which route to go CP or AOS.

Absolutely you can re-enter USA again on H4 if they denied the DV for you, but if they grant you DV visa they will go cancel the H4 visa which is you don`t need it any more.

Thank you for advices!

No need for lawyers if you have any question just posted her and we are going to help you its very easy to fill the forms and you have to hurry in send them as soon as possible since it affect the interview date.

Thank you for advices!

You can do it all yourself by reading these forums, or pay $xxxx to a lawyer who will likely come read these forums and provide you his 'guidance'.

hello sai-473, this is what capeolive gathered by Feb, 2010 in the post #1,244 of {dv2010 AOS only}
i quote:
“Hi friends,

This is what I have gathered of FY 2010 Process:
FY 2010

DV AOS Processing Times

by Cut-Off Dates

NAME-----------------------------CUT-OFF----------CARD

cooldude (Jacksonville, FL)-----October-----------2.1 Months

hek121 (Baltimore, MD)--------October-----------2.2 Months

bluet41 (Baltimore, MD)--------October-----------2.6 Months

simpleman (Minnpls, MN)-------October-----------3.0 Months

agentsmith (Seattle, WA)------October-----------3.1 Months

vzla (Virginia Beach, VA)-------October-----------3.2 Months

june620 (New York, NY) -------October-----------3.3 Months

happy2010 (Lax, CA)----------October-----------4.0 Months

jlaw (San Francisco, CA)------October-----------4.2 Months

yaku (Miami, FL)--------------October-----------5.1 Months

shasha88 (Montana)----------October-----------8.3 Months

daima (Jacksonville, FL)-------November---------2.1 Months

iceman (Charleston, SC)------November---------5.1 Months

zapatos (New York, NY) ------November---------5.9 Months

i2009 (Philadelphia, PA)-------November---------7.5 Months

thomen (W. Palm Beach, FL)--December---------3.1 Months

marley (Chicago, IL)----------December---------3.1 Months

gagaun (Dallas, TX)----------December---------3.2 Months

cm1979 (Las Vegas, NV)-----December---------3.6 Months

ayataf (Philadelphia, PA)-----December---------3.9 Months

bentlebee (Tampa, FL)-------December--------4.1 Months

chivik (Jacksonville, FL)------December--------6.2 Months

sogdian (Washington DC)-----December-------7.5 Months

middle (Denver, CO)----------January---------2.1 Months

bianfid (Nebraska)------------January---------2.6 Months

ahad (Nashville, TN)----------January---------2.7 Months

gdh (Orlando, FL)------------January---------3.0 Months

antar45 (Dallas, TX)----------February--------2.6 Months

ewokra (Boston, MA)---------February--------4.5 Months

schneidi (San Diago, CA)-----February--------6.1 Months

jasmine182 (Houston, TX)----March----------2.9 Months

houselight (Boston, MA)------March----------3.3 Months

norkira (Detroit, MI)----------April-----------1.9 Months

nepal2010 (Dallas, TX)-------April------------2.5 Months

olsson (Phoenix, AZ)---------April------------3.1 Months

2010forme (Orange Cnty, CA)-April-----------3.3 Months

x2010x (Chicago, IL)---------April-----------3.7 Months

capeolive (Philadelphia, PA)--April------------4.2 Months

new one (New York, NY)-----May------------4.0 Months

teamworks (Washington, DC)-June-----------2.6 Months

latigrenoire (Charleston, SC)--June-----------4.2 Months

insaneanil (New Orleans, LA)--July-----------2.6 Months

leongsce (Lax, CA)-----------July-----------3.3 Months

shariifka (Miami, FL)----------July-----------4.2 Months

littlejohn (Boston, MA)-------August--------2.0 Months

zubi (New Orleans, LA)-------August--------2.0 Months

chooti (Pitsburgh, PA)--------August--------2.3 Months

zuno (Lax, CA)---------------August--------2.3 Months

winee10 (Colombus, OH)------August--------2.3 Months

summet (Houston, TX)--------August--------2.5 Months

damus (Baltimore, MD)--------September-----1.5 Months

mitondaw (NY/CA)------------September ----1.9 Months

frencfic (Miami, FL)----------September-----2.8 Months

Last edited by capeolive; 29th September 2010 at 08:26 PM. “
Personally, I would like to thank him/her for this great job. thank you capeolive very much :)
P.S. every one is different and this might not apply to your case. it just gives us a better idea about how could the time vary from one case to another.
I will suggest for CP, I have seen in forum, one person get rejected due to not having current for their case and usually it take at least 3 months to get your GC after your case is current.

Last edited by a moderator: