• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Applicants and Lucky Winners

Hello Guys,

I was selected for further processing on the 2012 DV Lottery (2012AF000099xx).

I have completed my forms and sent back to KCC on May 06 and I have started gettign my credentials ready. However, I noticed that some of my certificates have my father's name (which I had used at some point) which I did not include on the form as "Other Names Used".

What do I do in this case?

Regards,

Hey,

You must have selected Nigeria at some point in the visa application in 2010, try and remember which country it was that you are claiming eligibility based on that application. That should be the country you will use.

Cheers,

do we have to write the case number on the upper right hand corner of the ds 230 and dsp122 forms as well when we send it to KCC?
Some people have talked about some video abt the dv program. can anyone share the link if possible.
Thanks

I've won for DV 2012, and I've got a question regarding DS-230 question; 11.
''Address in the united states where you want you're Permenant resident card (green card) to be mailed''
If we got no address or someone in the US...what should we do?

I've won for DV 2012, and I've got a question regarding DS-230 question; 11.
''Address in the united states where you want you're Permenant resident card (green card) to be mailed''
If we got no address or someone in the US...what should we do?

Find somebody you know and trust to mail it to or rent a place. If you do plan on going to the US where will you stay when you get there and how will they mail the Green Card to you? You need to rethink it through.

Find somebody you know and trust to mail it to or rent a place. If you do plan on going to the US where will you stay when you get there and how will they mail the Green Card to you? You need to rethink it through.

I've got no one in US...should I answer this as 'N/A' or this will be wronng?

I've got no one in US...should I answer this as 'N/A' or this will be wronng?

i feel it's better to fill this space atleast for the namesake . you could always change the address given at the POE .
try usabox com . they provide mail addresses in miami and you could always ask them to forward ur gc and ssc to anywhere in the US or world when it's arrived there .

or you could write something like " will be provided at the time of interview " ....

i feel it's better to fill this space atleast for the namesake . you could always change the address given at the POE .
try usabox com . they provide mail addresses in miami and you could always ask them to forward ur gc and ssc to anywhere in the US or world when it's arrived there .

or you could write something like " will be provided at the time of interview " ....

If we got no one in US, can we use DHL?
So it can be send to us...

If we got no one in US, can we use DHL?
So it can be send to us...

no , GC will be printed and sent only after you entered US for the first time . so it's a must for you to have an address there . for the time being just write something like "will be provided at the time of interview " and take your time to find someone lives there to provide you with his address at the time you go to the interview or purchase a mail box plan like i explained earlier .

anyway you couldn’t receive the GC if you do not visit the US within 6 months time after your visa is endorsed .

anyway i would like to know where you from . if your from Africa or Asia ( i'm an Asian too ) you will have to provide an affidavit of support from a sponsor there in the US (if someone's not available then you will have to show sufficient funds to prove that you will not be a burden to their tax payers ) . so prepare yourself in advance for the interview ..

wish you all the very best ..

no , GC will be printed and sent only after you entered US for the first time . so it's a must for you to have an address there . for the time being just write something like "will be provided at the time of interview " and take your time to find someone lives there to provide you with his address at the time you go to the interview or purchase a mail box plan like i explained earlier .

anyway you couldn’t receive the GC if you do not visit the US within 6 months time after your visa is endorsed .

anyway i would like to know where you from . if your from Africa or Asia ( i'm an Asian too ) you will have to provide an affidavit of support from a sponsor there in the US (if someone's not available then you will have to show sufficient funds to prove that you will not be a burden to their tax payers ) . so prepare yourself in advance for the interview ..

wish you all the very best ..

No i'm an African -Egypt-

No i'm an African -Egypt-

check with the US embassy there about the "affidavit of support" requirement . as i'm aware of it it's applicable only to some so called developing countries including mine " .check it and have it ready if one is needed

i hate Hosni mubarak do u?

What did you exactly do?
Could you please tell me what did you do in question 3,11,39 (address currently now or in the US?) for DS-230.

i dont have the form with me now so write the questions so i could remind what i wrote in those forms

for
3??????
10// "not decided yet "
11// " one of my friends address in the US
39?????/

Error Spelling Question
Hi all
I am selected for DV 2012, I have faced a problem
When i register for 1st time i wrote wrong spelling in my Province name Like "Naogoan"
But the original spelling is "Naogaon"
Can i change the error spelling in DSP-122 & DS-230 form?
If i can't, What can i do? Please help me.........