• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Applicants and Lucky Winners

Entered: 5th oct, 2010.
Selected: May 5th , 2011.
2012AF00012xxx
8th May: filled DS 122 and DS 230, sent to kcc along with 2 pics.
what expected time to receive confirmation and interview date ?

ok, i am from Nigeria and nigeria is my chargebility country but i live in the British Virgin Islands. so i choosed the closest US embassy. Hopefully october it is.

Hey am glad to be here, i am winner of th dv 2012 but i have mistakes in my name, my certificate name is mahfuz ahmed but when i was applying dv-2012 then i have used my name is mahfuz ahmed sajib. sajib is my nick name. and my certificate name is mahfuz ahmed. so what can i do now? how can i fill up my ds-122 and ds-230 form in names column? or any kind of solution to fault? please advice me............

CN: 2012EU00001XXX

1. When can I expect to be interviewed?

2. I have started putting together the civil documents necessary. I lived in the United Arab Emirates for sometime and am required to produce a Police Certificate. Problem is I have to be physically present in the United Arab Emirates to have one issued. On the Country Reciprocity Schedule for UAE it states: "Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE."

a. What is the Post?
b. Does this mean I do not need to produce a Police Certificate from the UAE?

Thanx for everyone who has help us out.........

I am a winner of the dv2012 my CN is 2012AF00039XXX
my question... when do you think I will be current? and what are my chances of getting an interview?
and is it nessery to send the 122 and 230 form now or can I send them latter perhaps after a month or two

God bless all

Thanx for everyone who has help us out.........

I am a winner of the dv2012 my CN is 2012AF00039XXX
my question... when do you think I will be current? and what are my chances of getting an interview?
and is it nessery to send the 122 and 230 form now or can I send them latter perhaps after a month or two

God bless all

Hi
Couple you please tell the forum when did you apply for the DV 2012 ? was it Oct 5th or Oct 6th?

Dear ALL
In Question of address in USA (DS 230)
If You have not any address there , its right to write N/A or the forms will comeback to you?
Thanks for cooperation

No 5 in the DSP-122 Form

Hello Forumites,

Can someone help me out with this?
In the DV lottery application i choose India as my place of birth. Since i was born there.
Question No 5 DSP-122

The country you listed as your native country on your diversity visa program application. In most cases, this will be the country where you were born. You may also claim the country of birth of your husband or wife. In addition you may claim the country of birth of either of your parents, If neither of your parent lived in, or was born, in the country where you were born.

I'm confused here. I want to claim the country of my parents which is Nigeria. I can't choose India since India is ineligible for DV lottery. Can anybody help me out or advise me on what to do ?? I really appreciate

My CN is 2012AF00011xxx
Entered Oct 10

Hi Tommy , i have heard few incidents of forms being returned coz of no USA addresses so try to get 1 of ur friend who lives there to provide you with his address just for the name sake .

you can always change the address at the POE . or else you could go for a virtual mail box ( something like usabox dot com) and use that for correspondance ..

not a big issue .
Just write ur nickname in the field "other names " in both forms . you could always add a cover letter explaining it .

Thanks all
I understand its very important to have address in USA to receive Green card
but my Question now
the forms will comeback to me again or may be its ok now and shall i write the address at interview time
or better send to KCC email and inform them the address which i will take it from any US mailing address services?
Thanks again for cooperation

Thanks all
I understand its very important to have address in USA to receive Green card
but my Question now
the forms will comeback to me again or may be its ok now and shall i write the address at interview time
or better send to KCC email and inform them the address which i will take it from any US mailing address services?
Thanks again for cooperation

May be you could write something like " will be provided at the interview " and that will work . anyway the mail box option is a very reliable one since they provide you with an actual address in Miami for a flat rate . you can later ask them to forward the package received to any given address within the US or outside for few dollars .

I'm a Sri Lankan national and did the same with my sisters GC application :)

filling DS230 and other forms

Hi all
Congrats to all winners and all the best with the visa process.
I have few silly questions.......
Since we all had to check our status online and download these forms I assume we can send them asap. or do we have to wait till KCC sends a mail notification?
DO I fill these two forms in BLACK ink or Blue ink?
DO I write the details in CAPS or normal case?
or is it better I fill in the details in the pdf file itself and print it.

Also do we send these forms and photos by courier? or registered mail? or normal mail?
Awaiting ur responses.
Thanks..

Hi all
Congrats to all winners and all the best with the visa process.
I have few silly questions.......
Since we all had to check our status online and download these forms I assume we can send them asap. or do we have to wait till KCC sends a mail notification?
DO I fill these two forms in BLACK ink or Blue ink?
DO I write the details in CAPS or normal case?
or is it better I fill in the details in the pdf file itself and print it.

Also do we send these forms and photos by courier? or registered mail? or normal mail?
Awaiting ur responses.
Thanks..

Hi Marshall II

In answer to your questions:

1. The KCC will not be sending any correspondence this year so do not wait for mail as none will be arriving. You may print and return the required paperwork to the KCC as listed in the online instructions as soon as you are able.

2. Use Black ink

3. Use CAPS if filling in by hand otherwise fill in the PDF as a typed document in capital letters (preferred)

4. You can send the forms using any method of post you choose however I would strongly recommend a trackable express service (courier). It may cost you extra however due to the importance of these documents I don't think you can really put a price on being able to track the documents all the way to the destination. It is however up to you.

I hope this helps.

Hello Forumites,

Can someone help me out with this?
In the DV lottery application i choose India as my place of birth. Since i was born there.
Question No 5 DSP-122

The country you listed as your native country on your diversity visa program application. In most cases, this will be the country where you were born. You may also claim the country of birth of your husband or wife. In addition you may claim the country of birth of either of your parents, If neither of your parent lived in, or was born, in the country where you were born.

I'm confused here. I want to claim the country of my parents which is Nigeria. I can't choose India since India is ineligible for DV lottery. Can anybody help me out or advise me on what to do ?? I really appreciate

My CN is 2012AF00011xxx
Entered Oct 10

I have just sent the forms today via DHL. the forms were filled with Blue pen. any problem filling the forms with blue pen?

No problem at all man........ Even if you fill with pencil as long as it's filled....... You're good to go