• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Applicants and Lucky Winners

Hello. Can someone please tell me what bearing the case number has? The lower your number the quicker you will get your interview and green card?

Corewin its over.They seem not to have changed the dates on the notification letters.Thats the only explanation.
One of the plaintiff Luc Van braekel won again.Lucky him...!

I know one hungarian people who won in May and won now too.
Interesting...
If we count the millions of people, 15 millions and from 15 millions win only 100000...randomly again?
(in May He won, his spouse won, now won only the husband, that's the difference...they checked in consular center the result few weeks before...or they selected manually?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I strongly believe that there is another mistake with these results.Most of my friends who won the lottery in MAY won again in JULY 15.It is one in a million chance.How could it happen again.I can't believe.This is not a fair draw again.DOS should correct it immediately.

Hello. Can someone please tell me what bearing the case number has? The lower your number the quicker you will get your interview and green card?
Yes and no. Every month, starting in August I believe, they will announce a cut off number for a DV visa for a region. So Let's say the cut off case number for October is 9000. Only people with cases below 9000 for the specific region will be eligible to have a visa interview for that month. There is no specific rank here anymore but it's based on when your application was processed; that's why its important to send out your forms asap so that you get an earlier date.

I strongly believe that there is another mistake with these results.Most of my friends who won the lottery in MAY won again in JULY 15.It is one in a million chance.How could it happen again.I can't believe.This is not a fair draw again.DOS should correct it immediately.

It's not 1:1,000,000 but 1:66
There is a pretty decent chance that some one wins twice. Most the people I know that won on May 1 did not win this time around.

+1, I think the same.

But still, where are other winners? 1 winner from 22000 and about 6-7 from other mass.

Not everyone is online. Statistically, only 1-2% of of May winners will win again.You honestly think that all those 22,000 are on this forum or that they even care enough to post? I know of several May 1 winners who have won again. Not just one.

Do you know them personally to be sure that it's a truth?

I am sure for 4. One of them is one of the named individuals on the case against DOS...his name is Luc. I have no reason to lie (i was not selected myself). If you wait a days I am sure there will be a few more popping on this forum as well.

House something might be wrong somewhere with DOS system,but i cannot figure it out.I have someone who entered over 200 entries for peoples on different days of submissions but none seems to win.

Well, looks like you are sure about 4, probably some of them your friends.
One guy wrote here that he has friends in KCC which told to him that 33% of may 1 winners (from 22000) would be reinstalled.
Your information supports that one.
But if it's a random process, how then could 33% win from 22000 again? It looks like a manual scam this time, if his words were a truth.

Please, do not believe the story about the friend who has a friend who said something, blah blah blah. It's BS. No one in KCC or DOS will risk their job to say something like this. This is the internet everyone can say whatever they want. Even I. Statistically, 1-2% of those 22k would win again. This is very rough number.
Just relax. There is no conspiracy or decisions taken under the table.

@Delit2727, Why are you so hell bent on defending DOS, even a layman can see that this an inconsistent result. I know you are trying to be magnanimous in defeat but please cut other some slack who do not agree that this is a fair result. My 2 cent

OK, I ask in another way: Who knows people (and how many people) who won in May and from them, how many won again?

House something might be wrong somewhere with DOS system,but i cannot figure it out.I have someone who entered over 200 entries for peoples on different days of submissions but none seems to win.

Can you be verify this? This is odd but certainly not impossible.

@Delit2727, Why are you so hell bent on defending DOS, even a layman can see that this an inconsistent result. I know you are trying to be magnanimous in defeat but please cut other some slack who do not agree that this is a fair result. My 2 cent

I did not win either. However, you guys seem to be convinced that there is something wrong based on no proof. Last time it was obvious that something was wrong from day one. This time there is nothing that seems amiss. People seem to believe something is not right based on one proof: "I didn't win so it's got to be a scam." Winning the DV is very very hard. Only 1-2% of participants will be selected. If there are 100 people on this forum you would not exact more than 2-3 to be winners. As time passes more and more people, who have just won, find about this forum and join...

What exactly is wrong with these results?