• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Applicants and Lucky Winners

Why do i not believe all these guys that keep saying the quit their jobs and sold everything they had just because they just received a letter that said they won the US visa lottery. On the letter it actually says not to make any lifestyle changes until the visa has been issued. I think the lawsuit filled will end up being thrown out. These people were notified of the error a few weeks after they got their notification. It wasn't like the visa had been issued and then they were told they couldn't enter the United States. With all this agitation going on, I won't be surprised if some member of congress comes up with an amendment to cancel the US visa lottery.
DV winners pay all the fees and everything and still get denied visas at the embassy let alone someone that hasn't even done anything in the application process.

I so much sympathize with the winners but you know life sucks. suck it up and just move on guys.

That's what scares me too, John. While what happened is horrible, all this ruckus has made so many bloggers go crazy, questioning why the DV still exists. There are already bills present that are trying to end the DV and I feel as if this is only adding fuel to the fire.

Many if not most of the winners from third world countries do not have the required money to show at the interview so they have to find it in some wya... that's why they sells their stuff... not because they want to get rid of it, it is because they need that money since DOS keep saying to rush thing... Even when you call them they tell you to not waste time & just rush things... about the job... well, can't defend them

Many if not most of the winners from third world countries do not have the required money to show at the interview so they have to find it in some wya... that's why they sells their stuff... not because they want to get rid of it, it is because they need that money since DOS keep saying to rush thing... Even when you call them they tell you to not waste time & just rush things... about the job... well, can't defend them

I may be wrong, but I think in the examples that were presented, there were no people from 3rd world countries. The 36 plaintiffs who claim to have been damaged emotionally and financially are ,in fact, from the developed or developing countries. Which makes their argument even weaker.

some were from russia where lifa can be very tough, other from i think burkina fasso
I may be wrong, but I think in the examples that were presented, there were no people from 3rd world countries. The 36 plaintiffs who claim to have been damaged emotionally and financially are ,in fact, from the developed or developing countries. Which makes their argument even weaker.

some were from russia where lifa can be very tough, other from i think burkina fasso

Russia is considered 2nd world, not 3rd. And these mentioned were probably from Moscow (The city that is much richer than the rest of the country), and I suppose, quite secured financially (not everyone could afford having an apartment in Moscow, or even go to the US) Besides, plenty are from europe, there's even some japanese guy judging by the name. If all 36 are in the US for now, the worst that can happen, they return back to europe, not Zimbabwe. Also weren't KCC rushing people to send the forms, not sell their properties ?

Last edited by a moderator:
you will be too pretty soon ..as soon as you come over ..

Come where? The US? I'm a US citizen who has been here for the last 14 years (won DV 97). Coming here was one of the best things that has ever happened to me thank God. Sure things have changed since back in the late 90s but life is far better here than it is (or ever was) back home.

So why are you bitter? Have you encountered anything that would turn you against the same country you're currently living in?

I totally agree with you JohnKent. This lawsuit will probably do more harm than good in the long run (if there is a long run).

to act quickly on collecting everything including money, medical check up & police records... & for some peoples, to get the money they had no choices... & also, it is not because there are rich peoples in a city that they aren't poor ones... Moscow is famous for its poverty
Russia is considered 2nd world, not 3rd. And these mentioned were probably from Moscow (The city that is much richer than the rest of the country), and I suppose, quite secured financially (not everyone could afford having an apartment in Moscow, or even go to the US) Besides, plenty are from europe, there's even some japanese guy judging by the name. If all 36 are in the US for now, the worst that can happen, they return back to europe, not Zimbabwe. Also weren't KCC rushing people to send the forms, not sell their properties ?

to act quickly on collecting everything including money, medical check up & police records... & for some peoples, to get the money they had no choices... & also, it is not because there are rich peoples in a city that they aren't poor ones... Moscow is famous for its poverty

Ok, you can't do everything at once right? Doing a physical that early would be irrational. First you send off the forms, then you wait for the reply, right? They would not schedule an interview earlier than october anyway. So it means at least 3-4 months to do everything. Even if one has no money, and has to sell something, he could still be denied. So, I don't think they care about that. It's purely an applicant's problem.

UPDATE TODAY:The judge decided there will be no in court hearing today and further testimony on the part of the DOS expert witness will take place in the form of written submission. As for the decision it will be made before the 15th.it is not certain if today yet. It is highly probable that the decision will also be communicated in written form. No further courtroom hearing is planned.

UPDATE TODAY:The judge decided there will be no in court hearing today and further testimony on the part of the DOS expert witness will take place in the form of written submission. As for the decision it will be made before the 15th.it is not certain if today yet. It is highly probable that the decision will also be communicated in written form. No further courtroom hearing is planned.

Good morning.

July 15 will still be but not as certain to be SELECTED.Cos we dont know who would be SELECTED or RE-SELECTED know body knows.

from what i heard, all those who got the email will be selected

That is totally wrong. Both my husband and I got the email, (we are not with hotmail) I don't think that means we were both selected. All this speculation about the emails is utter nonsense. Give it up.

@odikro dont listen to local or street rumor okay.A redrawer has been done not for the emails issues to be re-selected no not those with the email to be re-selected it is not done like that man it pure random?