• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Thanks alot!

EDIT: Ok I'm going to go get a couple of photos done. I'm sending everything here for AOS package:

-Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status
-Check of $1070, filing fee for I-485
-Two passport-style photos
-Form G-325A - Biographic Information
-Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record in sealed envelope
-Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization
-First Notification Letter(this is the email original barcode+case number right?)
-Copies of Relevant Passport Pages
-Copy of Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record
-Copy of Birth Certificate

-Not needed for AOS Package?
-Receipt for DV Processing Fee from DOS (I know it's been cashed)
-Copies of Degrees and Transcripts

jakeisstoked

You can actually send a single MO for $1070.00 ($985.00 + $85.00). No need for separate MOs.

I believe photos are required. I sent two.

Hope things move faster for you.

2012AS00058XXX

07/15 - Selected
07/19 - 122 and 230 Sent to KCC
07/20 - Packaged Arrived at KCC

04/15 - Visa Bulletin (Current in June 2012)
05/15 - Medical Done
05/18 - $330.00 Mailed (DV Fee)
05/22 - Received Medical Report from the Civil Surgeon
05/26 - Received DV Fee Paid Receipt
05/30 - AOS Package Sent To Chicago Lockbox
06/01 - AOS Package Arrived at Chicago Lockbox
06/08 - NOA from USCIS on AOS Package Receipt
07/03 - Biometrics Letter for 7/26/2012
07/03 - Call from USCIS to Schedule Interview on 07/09/2012
07/09 - Interview and Biometrics Done
07/26 - Case Status Online (Acceptance )
07/30 - Received the Welcome Notice in Mail + Case Status Online (Card/Doc Production) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks kgeorge. I found the link. It's the same one I found on i-864p-poverty guidelines. Income has to be 125% above that guideline, but the minimum sponsor household size is 2. I only have me and myself, so I am not sure what is the minimum requirement for a household size of 1 :p

I guess I will need to fill in the I-134, just in case. But I don't know who to ask :(

For F-1 grad students in this forum: Who did you ask to fill in your I-134?

Thanks!

Check the forums for a post by NuvF, he/she posted a link to the requirements. It should be in the last 10 pages of this thread.

I think you might need a sponsor if you're going to fill out the I-134. But then again, if you meet the requirements they will most likely not request this from you.

Oshin,

I'm on a OPT myself but employed, so I'm hoping that they won't ask me for the I-134. Did you clear the 125% ceiling above the poverty guidelines? I'm not sure whether that varies for a single person.

For all you know, you won't need it in the end but its good to be safe I guess.

Thanks kgeorge. I found the link. It's the same one I found on i-864p-poverty guidelines. Income has to be 125% above that guideline, but the minimum sponsor household size is 2. I only have me and myself, so I am not sure what is the minimum requirement for a household size of 1 :p

I guess I will need to fill in the I-134, just in case. But I don't know who to ask :(

Thanks!

My only income is my graduate assistantship stipend, and that annual amount doesn't meet the 125% for household size of 2. So I was wondering if it will for a single person ;) I hope they won't ask me for the I-134 too, but I don't want to not have it at all just in case they ask for it.

Are you preparing your I-134 then? If so, who are you asking to fill it out for you?

Oshin,

I'm on a OPT myself but employed, so I'm hoping that they won't ask me for the I-134. Did you clear the 125% ceiling above the poverty guidelines? I'm not sure whether that varies for a single person.

For all you know, you won't need it in the end but its good to be safe I guess.

A friend is doing it for me.

My only income is my graduate assistantship stipend, and that annual amount doesn't meet the 125% for household size of 2. So I was wondering if it will for a single person ;) I hope they won't ask me for the I-134 too, but I don't want to not have it at all just in case they ask for it.

Are you preparing your I-134 then? If so, who are you asking to fill it out for you?

Interview

My wife and I had interview today early in the morning. It was very formal. The officer asked us a couple of questions all from i485 and verified the information we have provided there. She asked for our IDs such as I20 and passport i94 and so on. The she asked for our birth certificates and I gave her the official translated ones. Then she asked for the original ones and I told her that I do not have them here and they are back in my country. She was fine with that and she said I am not gonna stop it for the original birth certificate. Then she said she has difficulties logging on to the system and check If we have been on a valid status since we we entered the US till now. She said "as soon as I check it, I will approve your case". Anyway, the status of my wife's application became card production in the afternoon 7 hours later interview but mine is still acceptance. I guess she just did not update my status :). I collected so many documents but I was not asked even for marriage certificate :). I hope to see our cards pretty soon and even welcome letter in just couple of days.

Update

The status of my application has also moved to card production :)

My wife and I had interview today early in the morning. It was very formal. The officer
asked us a couple of questions all from i485 and verified the information we have provided there. She asked for our IDs such as I20 and passport i94 and so on. The she asked for our birth certificates and I gave her the official translated ones. Then she asked for the original ones and I told her that I do not have them here and they are back in my country. She was fine with that and she said I am not gonna stop it for the original birth certificate. Then she said she has difficulties logging on to the system and check If we have been on a valid status since we we entered the US till now. She said "as soon as I check it, I will approve your case". Anyway, the status of my wife's application became card production in the afternoon 7 hours later interview but mine is still acceptance. I guess she just did not update my status :). I collected so many documents but I was not asked even for marriage certificate :). I hope to see our cards pretty soon and even welcome letter in just couple of days.

I just received an email for AOS application. It basically says pay this fee and go to your local USCIS.
I didn't get the receipt back yet.
By the way, why do they keep telling us to go to local USCIS? I thought everybody is doing this via mail? and local USCIS kicked me out last time, telling me to mail my docs.

p.s. the email docs are dated 07/25. So it takes 6 days to send an e-mail? :)

Dude u should send ur i 485 now and by the way do u know when
the DOS cashed ur check or money order though i know u didnt get the receipt yet. one more thing did u send the normal envelope with stamp with to Dos?

Ahh crap, I was just about to send off the AOS then forgot the I-864, I have no Idea how to fill this out, no one is sponsoring me and I don't have a job (been a student here for 2 years, that's why I'm going the AOS route. Do I need my housemates to fill out this stuff, I have almost nothing to do with them. I understand the I-864 when coming from overseas but I don't get how to fill it out while living here with no other family members. Do I need to send this back to Australia to get a parent to fill it out? It seems that US citizens are to be the sponsor, I don't understand it at all.

2012OCXXXXXXXXXX
07-16-2012 Sent barcode and 122 to KCC
07-17-2012 $330 AOS fee sent to DoS Still waiting on
07-31-2012 Email received from KCC

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks!

Hello Oshin,

I was a F-1 student when I had my interview. I didn't bother filling out the I-134 and didn't have any trouble with my case. I was approved the same day.

The lady that did my interview was VERY meticulous and went through my passports PAGE by PAGE. She asked me extensively about my trips abroad and biographical information (major, school, etc). What was shocking to me was that she barely glanced at the winning letter, the DOS fee receipt or the medical report!

Her main concern was to establish that I had been on-status all the years that I have been living in the U.S. I've been living here 11 years. First as a L-2, then as a F-1 and finally as a U.S. Permanent Resident :). I start graduate school in 3 weeks so I got the GC just in time for that! :)

If I may offer you some advice: Please try to stay calm and collected during the interview. Enunciate your answers clearly and don't be afraid of asking the officer to repeat her or himself if you mishear a question. Good Luck!

I-864

Ahh crap, I was just about to send off the AOS then forgot the I-864, I have no Idea how to fill this out, no one is sponsoring me and I don't have a job (been a student here for 2 years, that's why I'm going the AOS route. Do I need my housemates to fill out this stuff, I have almost nothing to do with them. I understand the I-864 when coming from overseas but I don't get how to fill it out while living here with no other family members. Do I need to send this back to Australia to get a parent to fill it out? It seems that US citizens are to be the sponsor, I don't understand it at all.

I was a F-1 when I filed my 485. I don't think you should need an I-864. Are you a F-1? Your I-20 should show that you have had enough money to fund your studies. That should suffice to prove that you will not be a burden to the state.

Yeah that's what I would have thought as I do not know how someone in my situation is to fill it out at all. I just read a lot that there being no chance of AOS being accepted if there is no I-864, it's one of the most important documents.

I was a F-1 when I filed my 485. I don't think you should need an I-864. Are you a F-1? Your I-20 should show that you have had enough money to fund your studies. That should suffice to prove that you will not be a burden to the state.

Yeah that's what I would have thought as I do not know how someone in my situation is to fill it out at all. I just read a lot that there being no chance of AOS being accepted if there is no I-864, it's one of the most important documents.

I filed my AOS packet without it and it was accepted. It never came up during my interview either. I used to be F-1 as well. Read my reply to Oshin a couple of posts earlier.

Ordingsh thus

I filed my AOS packet without it and it was accepted. It never came up during my interview either. I used to be F-1 as well. Read my reply to Oshin a couple of posts earlier.

Thank you, both of you for answering this, appreciate it. AOS Sent.

2012OCXXXXXXXXXX
07-16-2012 Sent barcode and 122 to KCC
07-17-2012 $330 AOS fee sent to DoS Still waiting on
07-31-2012 Email received from KCC
08-01-2012 AOS Sent