• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Interview Letter

Dear Friends,
We just got our IL today for the end of July!! But the reason for appointment is "I-485/I-130 Application for permanent residency" for both my wife and I. Is that normal? shouldn't we consider as DV category?
Also it has mentioned that we have to provide following documents that applies to our case:

-Current letter of employment
-Evidence of a common residence and shared life
Bring originals and copies of the following: lease, rental, mortgage agreements, bank statements, insurance documents, utility bills, and income tax returns for the last two years

IS that normal?!! I am worried!

I have to mention that we provided a very good affidavit of support when we sent our documents to Chicago!

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on receiving the letter! That's interesting because the reason on mine says " Diversity Visa - AOS Interview". Perhaps it varies from FO to FO.

Also the list of documents requested of me is more extensive including the I-134 & I-693 (which I already mailed with the AOS package). Not sure if this is the case with others who have received their ILs.

Dear Friends,
We just got our IL today for the end of July!! But the reason for appointment is "I-485/I-130 Application for permanent residency" for both my wife and I. Is that normal? shouldn't we consider as DV category?
Also it has mentioned that we have to provide following documents that applies to our case:

1. All Passport and CIS issued documents
2. Current letter of employment for you and/or your spouse showing rate of pay and hours per week
3. Evidence of a common residence and shared life (including photos and documentation)
4. Bring originals and copies of the following: lease, rental, mortgage agreements, bank statements, insurance documents, utility bills, and income tax returns for the last two years

I have to mention that we provided a very good affidavit of support when we sent our documents to Chicago!

Thank you.

Il

Congratulations on receiving the letter! That's interesting because the reason on mine says " Diversity Visa - AOS Interview". Perhaps it varies from FO to FO.

Also the list of documents requested of me is more extensive including the I-134 & I-693 (which I already mailed with the AOS package). Not sure if this is the case with others who have received their ILs.

Congratulation on yours too :), I hope you're right cause I-131 is significantly different category and is irrelevant to DV cases!

Congratulations

Congratulations rainyman99. I'm happy that you got it.

I on the other hand am seriously worried. Its almost 40 days since my bio and I still don't have my interview letter. Is anyone else in a similar situation? Is there a number we can call to find out why there is a delay?

Dear Friends,

2. Current letter of employment for you and/or your spouse showing rate of pay and hours per week
3. Evidence of a common residence and shared life (including photos and documentation)
4. Bring originals and copies of the following: lease, rental, mortgage agreements, bank statements, insurance documents, utility bills, and income tax returns for the last two years

Thank you.

Il

Congratulations rainyman99. I'm happy that you got it.

I on the other hand am seriously worried. Its almost 40 days since my bio and I still don't have my interview letter. Is anyone else in a similar situation? Is there a number we can call to find out why there is a delay?

Don't worry buddy, everything now depends on the local USCIS and number of cases which process, you'll get it very soon...

Mine says "Form I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status". I guess the wording varies from FO to FO.

Do not get confused nor confuse others with incorrect info.!

NO i-864 is need for ANY DV winner, AoS or CP.
If at all it will be i-134.

Do not get confused by those letters from FO s, they are just default list sent to ppl.
They are supposed to strike out what is not reqd. in the list, but seldom done!

If income above 125% poverty level (http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf) then no need of any i-134 either.
Even if you've prepared one, just do not give it if not asked at the intvw. (DO NOT send it with i-485)

Read p.15 of this
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86988.pdf

Best!

Thank you for your response. This helped a lot. Also I had an Infopass and they said its I 134 that is needed. Thanks again.

Il

Mine says "Form I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status". I guess the wording varies from FO to FO.

Thanks Bimas,
I hope there isn't any problem with mine [Which is written: "I-485/I-130 Application for permanent residency"], because I-130 is irrelevant to DV Lottery category and I don't want to have any problem in the interview :(

Thanks Bimas,
I hope there isn't any problem with mine [Which is written: "I-485/I-130 Application for permanent residency"], because I-130 is irrelevant to DV Lottery category and I don't want to have any problem in the interview :(

It does look like the wording varies from FO to FO. I think you're good.

My concern is that I've received the IL without an appointment for Biometrics. I wonder if this has happened to anyone else.

Thanks Bimas,

I am not sure what does that I130 means here. This is kind of confusing. You can anytime go for Infopass and ask. People there are really very helpful.

late application

Hi everyone, Thank you for this active thread.

Today, I just learned that I was selected in DV-2012 lottery (Yes, 2012, not 2013). Somehow, I didn't learn it until today (long story). So, I am pretty late for the process. I read the webpage and most of this forum, but probably there wasn't anybody who started this process this late.

I am already in U.S. so, I will apply for adjustment of status. The webpage says that I have to get my green card before September 30, or I will loose my chance, so I am really worried about not being able finish it before the deadline. Bulletin status is CURRENT, so I can apply now.

First thing I did was going to the local USCIS as stated, but they told me to get an appointment, so I got an appointment for Monday morning. On the other hand I see that people have sent form (DS-XXX) to the KCC but the webpage says that I don't have to contact KCC, I should only go to the local USCIS office.

1-Do I need to send a form to KCC or just go to USCIS?

2-What shall I bring to USCIS for the first meeting, to make it faster?

3-What are the things that I can do to make the process go faster? (Are there documents or medical test or something that I can finish beforehand?)

4-Do you think that I can get it done before Sep 30?

Thank you for all the information on this forum, I learned a lot.

I concur with what kgeorge stated, do not worry. Read dv2010 and dv 20111 posts and you will get a wealth of infor. Basically review the I-485 instructions for what you will need.

Mail the AOS payment preferably FedEx or ups. Follow instructions on dos site. You will need copy of receipt to include in your AOS package.

You can book appointment with civil surgeon for medicals. Take passport photos as per I-485 instructions. This is just a snapshot of what you can do this weekend.

Stay positive.

Dear Friends,

Thank you.

Congratulations

you need to do the following ASAP

1- send DSP -122 + 2 photos + barcode to the address below

U.S. Department of State
Kentucky Consular Center
3505 North Highway 25W
Williamsburg, KY 40769
U.S.A.

2- Pay Adjustment of Status Fees 330$ per person look at the link below

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html

3- book appointment with civil surgeon for medicals

4- get all following documents ready and fill out all forms

1. Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status
2. Check of $1070, filing fee for I-485
3. Two passport-style photos
4. Form G-325A - Biographic Information
5. Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record in sealed envelope
6. Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization
6.1. Two passport-style photos
6.2. Copy of previous EADs
7. Copies of selection documents for Diversity Visa Lottery
7.1. First Notification Letter
7.2. Receipt for DV Processing Fee from DOS
8. Copies of Relevant Passport Pages
9. Copy of Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record
10. Copy of Birth Certificate
11. Copy of Marriage Certificate
12. Copy of state-issued ID (Driver's License)
13. Copies of Degrees and Transcripts
14. Employment Details:
14.1. Copy of Employment Reference Letter
14.2. Copy of Pay stubs - Last 6 months
14.3. Copy of W2 - last 2 years
14.4. Copy of Tax Returns - last 2 years

and read all the thread

Good luck

Hi everyone, Thank you for this active thread.

Today, I just learned that I was selected in DV-2012 lottery (Yes, 2012, not 2013). Somehow, I didn't learn it until today (long story). So, I am pretty late for the process. I read the webpage and most of this forum, but probably there wasn't anybody who started this process this late.

I am already in U.S. so, I will apply for adjustment of status. The webpage says that I have to get my green card before September 30, or I will loose my chance, so I am really worried about not being able finish it before the deadline. Bulletin status is CURRENT, so I can apply now.

First thing I did was going to the local USCIS as stated, but they told me to get an appointment, so I got an appointment for Monday morning. On the other hand I see that people have sent form (DS-XXX) to the KCC but the webpage says that I don't have to contact KCC, I should only go to the local USCIS office.

1-Do I need to send a form to KCC or just go to USCIS?

2-What shall I bring to USCIS for the first meeting, to make it faster?

3-What are the things that I can do to make the process go faster? (Are there documents or medical test or something that I can finish beforehand?)

4-Do you think that I can get it done before Sep 30?

Thank you for all the information on this forum, I learned a lot.

Congratulations

I 134 Affidavit of support Question

Hi All,
I have a question on I 134 #11. What should be check, "I intend" or "do not intend". Or should we just put N/A? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i-134 is not an issue, in general

NuvF,

Had the following question. If I am on an h-1(primary applicant) should I provide pays tubs and employment letter with my i-485 or should I just provide the I-134?

Also in reading I-134 instructions it mentions each alien should provide a copy of I-134. Do I need to complete one for both me and wife(applying with me).

Again, like I said before i-134 is a mute issue if you have enough income. Seldom it is asked for from employed people.

If you have enough income just give cpl of pay stubs, emp. letter and latest tax (all copies) with i-485. But for intvw take at least 6-12 pay stubs, original emp. letter and 2-3 yrs tax with W4s.

Btw, you do not fill i-134 for your own support nor for any of your own derivatives.
You go to intvw as a family unit and 'family income' is what matters.
If family income is not enough, then someone else (extended family/friend) need to sign for you an i-134. (seperate i-134 needed for each i-485 applicant, from one and the same sponsor or from diffrent ones)

Read more in the link I gave before.

Hope this helps.

Best!

Again, like I said before i-134 is a mute issue if you have enough income. Seldom it is asked for from employed people.

If you have enough income just give cpl of pay stubs, emp. letter and latest tax (all copies) with i-485. But for intvw take at least 6-12 pay stubs, original emp. letter and 2-3 yrs tax with W4s.

Btw, you do not fill i-134 for your own support nor for any of your own derivatives.
You go to intvw as a family unit and 'family income' is what matters.
If family income is not enough, then someone else (extended family/friend) need to sign for you an i-134. (seperate i-134 needed for each i-485 applicant, from one and the same sponsor or from diffrent ones)

Read more in the link I gave before.

Hope this helps.

Best!

Hi NuvF
What if the Primary applicant is dependent (H4) and is not working anywhere and spouse is H1B and has enough income to support both. Is the going to be the same case as you said above. Or should the primary applicant itself has to have the income? Thank you!

Hi NuvF
What if the Primary applicant is dependent (H4) and is not working anywhere and spouse is H1B and has enough income to support both. Is the going to be the same case as you said above. Or should the primary applicant itself has to have the income? Thank you!

Still no prob, it's the 'family unit' that matters!

See, they (legally) respect and honor the 'contract' that you 2 have....remember the day you said..."for better or for worse...."??
That's it, that's what matters.

So...prove your marriage and prove H1 income and you're all set.

Best!

Still no prob, it's the 'family unit' that matters!

See, they (legally) respect and honor the 'contract' that you 2 have....remember the day you said..."for better or for worse...."??
That's it, that's what matters.

So...prove your marriage and prove H1 income and you're all set.

Best!

Thank you so very much for your response NuvF. That's a big relief. I really hope everything goes well.