• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

but from what I read in this thread, it is possible to file when you see your number in advance notification

You may have also read in this thread then about all of those people that had to resend their applications because they got a rejection letter saying they applied too early.

You may have also read in this thread then about all of those people that had to resend their applications because they got a rejection letter saying they applied too early.

i sent the i-485 file again today do you think they will reject it ?
and how many times they can reject it without affect the entire case?

I think you should have waited at least until the day after Memorial Day. Who knows maybe somebody else will get your application and accept it this time.

Hi Mohkha

i have the same situation like yours today i got rejection letter because i filled my application early as you know we can send the package as soon as its current in the visa bulletin and our numbers current since in June as you know according to the may visa bulletin , i have the officer number is T1012116669270 do you have the same officer number.

and when you resubmit your application did you use the same paper package they return to you or you create new package because if you send the same papers it will go back again to the same officer since his number stamped on all papers .

please keep in touch and update

EAD received but no interview yet

Hi all
I have few questions please

We have just received our EAD cards but no word about the interview yet. It has been almost a month since we completed the biometrix.

1) Is it possible that the KCC has not informed the USCiS of our intent of AOS.
2) I am currently on OPT and it will expire in mid July and I am eligible for stem extension. Should I proceed with that or just wait for the interview?( I don't want to use the EAD they just sent because I don't want to void my F1 status yet, just in case.
3) since the EAD cards were approved, can i assume that the fingerprints have cleared?

Thank you all
Best of luck

Hi all
I have few questions please

We have just received our EAD cards but no word about the interview yet. It has been almost a month since we completed the biometrix.

1) Is it possible that the KCC has not informed the USCiS of our intent of AOS.......

1) I highly doubt it because if KCC hadn't informed then you wouldn't have Biometrics in the first place.
2) I think you should give about 1-2 weeks before doing that.
3) I would say YES, but if you want confirmation call the FBI number from the list(#9).

http://immigrationroad.com/green-card/contact-uscis-fbi-to-check-case-status.php

hi all,

I have another question, we had our bio interview on last monday, after interview we needed to renew my wife's passport, and we got it today.. do we need to send copy of new passport somewhere such as USICS or chicago?

thanks..

Do not file early

but from what I read in this thread, it is possible to file when you see your number in advance notification

Hello mohkha,

This goes to you and everybody that has not filed their I-485. DO NOT I repeat, DO NOT send the I-485 early. I had to refile because of this. The document that says that we can file as long as our case # shows on the advance notification is a memo from 1999. This is fairly outdated information and it looks like USCIS is disregarding it. Play it safe, and wait until your CN is current to file. Best of luck to all of you!

-SA

No

hi all,

I have another question, we had our bio interview on last monday, after interview we needed to renew my wife's passport, and we got it today.. do we need to send copy of new passport somewhere such as USICS or chicago?

thanks..

No. Your packet is being processed as-is. You cannot add more documents to your application once it is being processed (unless they ask you for them). I don't think they will though.

Make sure your wife carries the new passport when she goes to biometrics and to the adjudication interview though. Good Luck!

Also, please update your signature so it shows at what stage of the process you are in. Thank you!

-SA

I mailed my DV fee (in money order) to DOS on May 2nd, and they received it on may 4th. but i have not received the receipt so far. is there any way to check if DOS has sent me back the receipt?

I mailed my DV fee (in money order) to DOS on May 2nd, and they received it on may 4th. but i have not received the receipt so far. is there any way to check if DOS has sent me back the receipt?

Same for me. My money order was cashed on the 4th and I haven't received the receipt. Based on my previous post, others said it takes about 2-4 weeks. You can call KCC to find out if the receipt has been sent or not. Good luck!

Same for me. My money order was cashed on the 4th and I haven't received the receipt. Based on my previous post, others said it takes about 2-4 weeks. You can call KCC to find out if the receipt has been sent or not. Good luck!

Thanks, I will call KCC.

interview letter

Hello guys,
I had my bio done on 1st of this month and I have been anxiously waiting for my interview letter. How long does it usually take to receive the letter after bio appointment? My field office is New Orleans if that helps.

Thanks

Hello guys,
I had my bio done on 1st of this month and I have been anxiously waiting for my interview letter. How long does it usually take to receive the letter after bio appointment? My field office is New Orleans if that helps.

Thanks

Hi. I really doubt bio has anything to do with when you receive the interview letter. Some people get their letters way before they do their bio and some months later. It all depends on how busy your FO is. The only way to get info is to schedule an infopass and check the status of your application there.

when I check my status on uscis website it says:
........your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Your case is being processed at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

does it mean that:
1. my interview letter will be issued by national service center, but not by my FO?

Thanks!