• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

letter of actions

today, i got my appointment letter for the biometrics... it is after 25 days but i will go tomorrow and try to do walk-in....
Does that speed the process or does it annoy the officers there??

Last edited by a moderator:
Green Card Received

Hi all,

We have received our Green cards today.

We did not have any problems; everything went very smoothly from the beginning. I would like thank every one for sharing their experiences.

Good luck to those who are still waiting.

Congrats !!

Hi all,

We have received our Green cards today.

Congrats as21k. Enjoy your new status.
Just want to know if there was any change in your status in USCIS website between Bio appt. and Personal Interview?
Mine Still shows as ACCEPTANCE

It was Acceptance till the Interview date.

After the Interview, it was changed from Acceptance to Decision.

Congrats as21k. Enjoy your new status.
Just want to know if there was any change in your status in USCIS website between Bio appt. and Personal Interview?
Mine Still shows as ACCEPTANCE

updates about biometric walk-in

today i tried to do a walk-in to get my biometric done before my actual appointment which is 3 weeks from now. I took the notice of action and my ID and went around 12PM. there were around 40 pleople waiting in the waiting room and the officer told me that i have to come back on my appointment date. I treid to convince him that i dont have a problem with waiting to see if I could get a chance to do it today but he refused. Then, I thanked him anyways and left. lol

today i tried to do a walk-in to get my biometric done before my actual appointment which is 3 weeks from now. I took the notice of action and my ID and went around 12PM. there were around 40 pleople waiting in the waiting room and the officer told me that i have to come back on my appointment date. I treid to convince him that i dont have a problem with waiting to see if I could get a chance to do it today but he refused. Then, I thanked him anyways and left. lol

Did you receive an appointment letter for biometric?

hello mohka,

Did you receive an appointment letter for biometric?

yes i did receive an appointment letter for biometrics. I received it by regular mail yesterday. you can see it in my signuture..
by the way the (I-797C, notice of action) is the same as the appointment letter for biometrics.
I think you are in a good shape too.. wish you get yours very soon.

F-1 AOS, Affidavit of Support?

Hi guys,

Just got my interview letter and it seems pretty standard to me. I got a list of documents which I have to bring to the interview. Most of them are pretty straightforward (birth certificate, I94, EADs, etc). There are 2 of them of which I'm unsure:

1) "All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status"
2) "A completed Affidavit of Support, Form I-864, with all evidence"

Can someone "translate" these two items?

For item 1, would that be the DV Lottery Winning Letter? Is there anything else that's part of "all documentation"?
And for item no 2, am I really required to bring form I-864, or as on DV AOS should I bring Affidavit of Support, form I-134?

Thanks in advance.

yes i did receive an appointment letter for biometrics. I received it by regular mail yesterday. you can see it in my signuture..
by the way the (I-797C, notice of action) is the same as the appointment letter for biometrics.
I think you are in a good shape too.. wish you get yours very soon.

Thanks and wish you a good luck.
I am still waiting hopefully soon

Hi guys,

Just got my interview letter and it seems pretty standard to me. I got a list of documents which I have to bring to the interview. Most of them are pretty straightforward (birth certificate, I94, EADs, etc). There are 2 of them of which I'm unsure:

1) "All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status"
2) "A completed Affidavit of Support, Form I-864, with all evidence"

Can someone "translate" these two items?

For item 1, would that be the DV Lottery Winning Letter? Is there anything else that's part of "all documentation"?
And for item no 2, am I really required to bring form I-864, or as on DV AOS should I bring Affidavit of Support, form I-134?

Thanks in advance.

1- bring with you all your documents such as I-20s, NL1 and NL2 etc.
2- all DV winner should have I-134.
good luck

All?

2- all DV winner should have I-134.
good luck

ALL? no, that is incorrect!!

Only the very few w/o income proof will need it.
It is not a 'must have'. But if your income is borderline, have one ready and don't present it if not asked for.

Best!

ALL? no, that is incorrect!!

Only the very few w/o income proof will need it.
It is not a 'must have'. But if your income is borderline, have one ready and don't present it if not asked for.

Best!

to be in safe side all DV winner should prepare I-134 even you have high income

It depends on the officer but they maybe ask for it

hi guys,

I have two questions..
1) After send I-485 to chicago, if I don't want to go to school can I stay in US during AOS process?
2) I forgot it :eek:

I-485 Rejection Notice

Hi All,

After 16 days waiting, today we received a Rejection Notice for I485 which said

"The entire application package you filed along with any fees you submitted is being returned to you for the following reasons:
- The application could not be accepted for the reason speceified on the related NOA 797. Please correct the flawed application and resubmit the application package with the appropriate fees and supporting documents to address below.
- Based on info you provided, your priority date coulnd not be established. Please resubmit your application with the proper documentation to address listed below.
The following documents may be provided:
Your original Form I130
Your original Form I360
A copy of your Form I979 if petition has already been approved.

and they rejected my wife ( the winner ) application as well because of me. i found my file missing NL2 is that could be the reason.

This is such a generic rejection notice and only speaks in circles, it doesnt get to the point why exactly its was rejected. we followed all of the instructions and submitted the appropriate fees as directed on the 485 Instructions. Does anyone have any clue why this could have happened. Any ideas thoughts are much appreciated.