• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

2012 notification winning letter date change

Hi guys
I just checked my 2012 winning notification online and i saw its date changed to may 1 2011. But previously it was july 15 2011. Please say this is somekind of error or mistake in the system. Can somebody please check this too?

zs926g

Hi guys
I just checked my 2012 winning notification online and i saw its date changed to may 1 2011. But previously it was july 15 2011. Please say this is somekind of error or mistake in the system. Can somebody please check this too?

yes you're right, it says May 1, 2011. I copied that page previously its date was July 15 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys i have another question
I had my biO last week and results were turned clear the same day. Since then i called kcc twice to check on my status and each time i was told that my file hasnt been requested by my local uscis office. When i asked about what to do, i was told to go to local office and tell them to request my file... Today i had my infopass and the officer said that they do not request files from kcc, kcc just sends or transfers the files to them....
What is this about? Can someone please explain this? Thank you!

Not so true

Guys i have another question
I had my biO last week and results were turned clear the same day. Since then i called kcc twice to check on my status and each time i was told that my file hasnt been requested by my local uscis office. When i asked about what to do, i was told to go to local office and tell them to request my file... Today i had my infopass and the officer said that they do not request files from kcc, kcc just sends or transfers the files to them....
What is this about? Can someone please explain this? Thank you!

The infopass person may have misinformed you. During my interview, I was informed by the IO that he had requested my file but had not received it yet. On March 8 - I did an infopass and was told that my file had not been received by FO, and the Infopass IO requested for it right there on the spot...twas until April 5 when KCC sent my file over. I called on the same date: April 5 - and this dry harsh lady told me that my file had been requested but it will be transferred on May 1 when I am current. I settled for that and left the US for vacations. On returning I checked with KCC and they emailed me that they transferred the file on April 5 (the same day I asked them).

Preciously, right before my interview, I had called and KCC told me that they cannot send the file to FO unless FO asks for it.

I have felt over time that it is usually a mind game...pretty baked at KCC. FO keeps on requesting the file but KCC want to have control on how FO is handling DV cases and holds it till they feel like! (my opinion only from my experience)

Simple Question

The infopass person may have misinformed you. During my interview, I was informed by the IO that he had requested my file but had not received it yet. On March 8 - I did an infopass and was told that my file had not been received by FO, and the Infopass IO requested for it right there on the spot...twas until April 5 when KCC sent my file over. I called on the same date: April 5 - and this dry harsh lady told me that my file had been requested but it will be transferred on May 1 when I am current......

Can you tell me how does the FO knows whose file to summon. I think when ready, files are sent to FO by KCC.

Interview Letter

Hi guys ! we HAD our BIO done on 04/18. It has been two weeks. we still haven't gotten Interview Letters.Any Idea on how long it takes after the BIO is done.?
Is it going to be an E-Letter or regular mail?
thanks

DOS Receipt

So my $330, AOS fee form, and stamped self-addressed envelope was received by DOS yesterday 05/02/2012. How long does it take to receive the receipt from DOS? For stamped self-addressed envelope, what did you guys use? First class, Priority, or Express?

Thanks!

So my $330, AOS fee form, and stamped self-addressed envelope was received by DOS yesterday 05/02/2012. How long does it take to receive the receipt from DOS? For stamped self-addressed envelope, what did you guys use? First class, Priority, or Express?

Thanks!

It took approximately 10 days for me between the time they cashed my check (day after they received it) and the time they mailed the receipt to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
It took approximately two weeks for me between the time they cashed my check (day after they received it) and the time they mailed the receipt to me.

Thanks didi01. I just called to check if my money order has been cashed but it hasn't (operator told me that it may be cashed, but typically it will take 3-4 days to reflect on their system). What type of return mail did you used?

Files

Can you tell me how does the FO knows whose file to summon. I think when ready, files are sent to FO by KCC.

I would think they know the same way they know whose file to contact for interview, biometrics etc. It is not mass processing, but while it is a DV thing, individual files are processed. KCC has no way of knowing which file goes to what field office UNLESS SOMEONE FROM THE FO tells them.

Thanks!
It takes anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks. In my case it took exactly 4 weeks. Maybe they were busier at that time, I don't know... But you can always call KCC. They were very helpful when I called them. They told me exactly when they mailed me the receipt back and I received it 2-3 days after that.

It takes anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks. In my case it took exactly 4 weeks. Maybe they were busier at that time, I don't know... But you can always call KCC. They were very helpful when I called them. They told me exactly when they mailed me the receipt back and I received it 2-3 days after that.

Thanks Wildcatter. Hope mine doesn't take as long! Did you do your return envelope through standard mail? The $330 fee was mailed to DOS in St. Louis, MO, will KCC have the information if I were to call them?

Thanks Wildcatter. Hope mine doesn't take as long! Did you do your return envelope through standard mail? The $330 fee was mailed to DOS in St. Louis, MO, will KCC have the information if I were to call them?
My return envelope was USPS Priority.

I called KCC only a couple of times (once after 2 weeks from sending the money order, and another time after 3.5 weeks). The first time they told me that they have received and processed my fee the day they received it, but it did not show on the system that the receipt was sent back. They asked me to wait for a couple more weeks, so I called them again and they told me that the system shows that the receipt was sent on XX day. Two days later, I received the receipt in the mail. So yes, even though you send the money to DOS in St. Louis, KCC knows when it is received and when the receipt is sent back. After all, KCC is part of DOS anyways.

In most cases, it should not take more than 2 weeks for you to get the receipt back.

My return envelope was USPS Priority.

I called KCC only a couple of times (once after 2 weeks from sending the money order, and another time after 3.5 weeks). The first time they told me that they have received and processed my fee the day they received it, but it did not show on the system that the receipt was sent back. They asked me to wait for a couple more weeks, so I called them again and they told me that the system shows that the receipt was sent on XX day. Two days later, I received the receipt in the mail. So yes, even though you send the money to DOS in St. Louis, KCC knows when it is received and when the receipt is sent back. After all, KCC is part of DOS anyways.

In most cases, it should not take more than 2 weeks for you to get the receipt back.

That's good to know. I'll be gone for a week, so hopefully the receipt is on its way when I get back. My goal is to send out AOS package by end of May. Hope things go well!

hi guys
quick question:
1. who is sending the interview letters? KCC or the local USCIS office?
2. do we see any status updates online at uscis website between the biometrics and interview day? or do we just receive the interview letter?
3. thank you!

hi guys
quick question:
1. who is sending the interview letters? KCC or the local USCIS office?
2. do we see any status updates online at uscis website between the biometrics and interview day? or do we just receive the interview letter?
3. thank you!

1-the local USCIS office
2- you just receive the interview letter

Thanks everyone in this immigration forum, but especially 2010-2012 AOS only members who shared their experience.
I received my green card yesterday :) I had a smooth process, I wish good luck to those who are still in the process to receive their green card.
See my signature for my green card timeline.

placed ptssrpa

I had my interview today and the officer did not say anything was wrong. However at the end she didnt say yes or no, she said she will review my case and in 30-60 days USCIS will contact me. She didnt hand me a paper or anything, gave all my docs back. Do any of you know what this could possibly mean? I'm so dissapointed...