• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

We had out interviews today.

Everything was OK, except for my background check. The officer that it's not ready yet, although it is ready for my wife.
Now we have to wait until it's cleared. Did somebody else have this problem? How long it might take?

A lot has happened I see...

I've been away for almost a month outside US for vacation and just returned a day or so ago. It felt very nice to be out of US and return freely...I can only imagine how it will feel when I get the GC! What I will need will be money to get out and in as I please and of course vacation days! My kids had a blast and didnt even want the vacation to be over.

Decided to check on everyone and see how things are...and much has happened I see.

Best wishes to all waiting for something...am also waiting for my number to be current in May.

hello guys
i did my walk in bion yesterday, that just took 15 minutes. it was scheduled for next week..... now DO I expect to see an update at the uscis case status check website?
or shall I just wait for my IL?
if I do an infopass, can I get answers to these:
1. have we passed the background check?
2. has my file been transferred to my local office?
3.can I take the interview date to an earlier date, if all above is just fine?

Thank you!

We had out interviews today.

Everything was OK, except for my background check. The officer that it's not ready yet, although it is ready for my wife.
Now we have to wait until it's cleared. Did somebody else have this problem? How long it might take?

I had my interview on April 23, my background check was not ready, I'm also waiting for that.

hello guys
i did my walk in bion yesterday, that just took 15 minutes. it was scheduled for next week..... now DO I expect to see an update at the uscis case status check website?
or shall I just wait for my IL?
if I do an infopass, can I get answers to these:
1. have we passed the background check?
2. has my file been transferred to my local office?
3.can I take the interview date to an earlier date, if all above is just fine?

Thank you!

I had my biometrics and interview done but still case status is in acceptance stage (not updated since 5 days after I sent i 485).

"On March 5, 2012, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case.....
During the acceptance step USCIS reviews newly received applications.... "

Il

I had my biometrics and interview done but still case status is in acceptance stage (not updated since 5 days after I sent i 485).

"On March 5, 2012, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case.....

Did they give you an answer durning the interview ?

We have done our biometrics on apr 18 . How long do you think it will take till we get an interview ?

Il

We have done our biometrics on apr 18 . How long do you think it will take till we get an interview ?

Mine changed from Acceptance to Initial Review just today after the interview, so you're totally fine.

Mine changed from Acceptance to Initial Review just today after the interview, so you're totally fine.

My status changed this evening to decision. Does this mean I am approved or is the decision still pending?

"Decision

On April 26, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision."

No decision said to me, at least not directly. Officer first told me background check is pending in the beginning of interview. But she congratulated me after the interview ended, but I didn't want to infer anything from that.

I did my biometric March 30. Interview letter was dated April 13, I received at April 18 ( but I hadn't checked my mail for 3 days, so not sure when it reached me). Interview was for April 23.

I should update my signature but I couldn't figure out.

My status changed this evening to decision. Does this mean I am approved or is the decision still pending?

"Decision

On April 26, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision."
Congratulations my friend. Your case has been approved and they already mailed you the "Welcome Notice" informing you that your case has been approved and you have been registered as a new permanent resident. Expect your green card in the mail by the end of next week. Enjoy your new status :)

I've been away for almost a month outside US for vacation and just returned a day or so ago. It felt very nice to be out of US and return freely...I can only imagine how it will feel when I get the GC! What I will need will be money to get out and in as I please and of course vacation days! My kids had a blast and didnt even want the vacation to be over.

Decided to check on everyone and see how things are...and much has happened I see.

Best wishes to all waiting for something...am also waiting for my number to be current in May.

Glad to hear that you had a good vacation! It's almost May and you'll be GREEN soon before you know it :)

Congratulations my friend. Your case has been approved and they already mailed you the "Welcome Notice" informing you that your case has been approved and you have been registered as a new permanent resident. Expect your green card in the mail by the end of next week. Enjoy your new status :)

Really? Thank you!
I'll try not to jump around till I see the letter with my eyes though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing for those who are going to go to the interviews, Bring a copy of the letter from KCC (email) starting with "Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)."

I didnt send it with I485, but officer asked that in the beginning, I searched through my pile of copies and luckily I found it :). Other than that, she only looked at my passport, and the i485 application, and just wanted me to verify what I wrote there. (didnt look at my high school diploma). Lucky?

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing for those who are going to go to the interviews, Bring a copy of the letter from KCC (email) starting with "Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)."

I didnt send it with I485, but officer asked that in the beginning, I searched through my pile of copies and luckily I found it :). Other than that, she only looked at my passport, and the i485 application, and just wanted me to verify what I wrote there. (didnt look at my high school diploma). Lucky?
For my case the immigration officer did not ask for anything but my passport, driver license, school student ID and a letter of enrollment verification from my school DSO since I was on F-1. I had a huge pile of all my original certificates and documents and at least two copies of each, but all the immigration officer cared about was IDs and an official letter from school. Though, it is always good to be prepared for whatever they ask for.

How many days should we wait for doing biometrics since Filing?
Depends on how busy the Application Service Center in your area is. From what I have seen around, people usually get their biometrics appointment letter within a couple of days after their I-485 application is accepted. Though, in my case, it took a whole month for me to get an appointment letter, and the appointment itself was 2 months after the day my I-485 was accepted. Luckily for me though, I received my interview appointment letter on the same week I received my biometrics appointment letter. So even though I waited a whole month for my biometrics appointment letter, I did not have to wait for my interview appointment letter.

If it has been more than 30 days since your application was accepted and you still have not received your biometrics appointment letter, you can call the USCIS customer service number and inquire about your case. Good luck!

KCC confirmation letter

I haven't received anything from the kCC ( no letter no email, I called them and they said they aren't supposed to email or send anything but they confirmed that they received it) what should I do if they ask for it ?

I haven't received anything from the kCC ( no letter no email, I called them and they said they aren't supposed to email or send anything but they confirmed that they received it) what should I do if they ask for it ?

The email had subject "2012EU00022XXX Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter" and contained 2 pdf files. One is the Adjustment Letter, the other is the "DV Fee Paid Receipt". You sent $440 to Department of State, right? You must have sent this Paid Receipt Form with the check/money order, and they send the receipt back, and you include that with the i-485 application.

I don't know what happens if they ask that in the interview. Maybe other people have experience?
In the meantime, you may send an email to KCCDV@state.gov and ask again?