• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Hi,

Well, based on my research in previous forums, it seems that it is I-134 that you will need to fill........................
It would be great if someone would enlighten us on this situation.

Check p 15 of following

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86988.pdf

(also chk the other 9 FAM 40.41 related info here http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/regs/fam/09fam/c22751.htm)

For general DV FAM , check 9 FAM 42.33 related docs here http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/regs/fam/09fam/c22753.htm)

Best!

Form I-94

for the supporting documents it says Form I-94, Arrival/ Departure Record (if applicable)/ do we send the I-94 that we have or just a copy.. or is it another form that we have to fill out ?

thank you

Next

Hello guys!
I sent my DSP122 and photos and 440x2 fee to Missouri. They were , both, delivered on Feb 4th and 5th. What or when should I expect the next step in my AOS?
THank you for your answers
There is a step by step aos forum...but to the best of my knowledge, the receipts should return to you by end of this week or next. I assume you enclosed a weld addressed stamped envelop.
In the meantime, you should probably start getting all your medicals done for principal n derivatives if not done as well as checking off the list for all documents required for I 485.

Anything I need to know for my bio-metric appointment

Hi all,

Again, this forum has been very helpful.

I have a bio-metric appointment next week and I was wondering if there's anything that I need to know.

It says on the appointment notice that I need to bring a PHOTO IDENTIFICATION, I'll bring my passport and driver's license, is there anything else I need to bring/know?

Can somebody briefly describes the process?

Thanks

Biometrics

Hi all,

Again, this forum has been very helpful.

I have a bio-metric appointment next week and I was wondering if there's anything that I need to know.

It says on the appointment notice that I need to bring a PHOTO IDENTIFICATION, I'll bring my passport and driver's license, is there anything else I need to bring/know?

Can somebody briefly describes the process?

Thanks
I've done biometrics twice recently at the same ASC location and both times it was same...though first was a walk in and recently in December as scheduled.
Got there a few minutes before...showed the guard my bio appt letter then he gave me some form and pen to fill. As I gave him back he asked to see my cell and ensure that it was off. There were about 2 pple ahead of me...then we followed a line to another guard who gave us numbers on first come first serve basis, checked our IDs agaisnt the letters and stamped the letters...then led us to a room with a few people sitting and waiting (first time there were about 20 something and second we were about 10-15). Different IOs were calling different numbers and before I got comfortable on my chair, I got called. He led me to bio cubicle where 4 people are each being taken care off. Did a few things on computer to enter my information as per the appt letter...cleaned the computer glass and cleaned my fingers then started. (first time he instructed me that he had only 15 minutes set on the computer to do the whole process, and if the fingerprints come out with too many red spaces, they might be rejected by FBI and so I should relax as much as possible and let him have control of my fingers...'twas a challenge at first but managed. He also told me that he would try to redo any mistakes at the end of the session if there was time. He redid one thumb and one ring finger). The second time he just did the thumbs then fingers...each and all etc... Both times, he took pictures after the fingerprints and asked me if I liked it or we could redo if we had time. He told me to ensure that my hair didn't cover any ears as it would not be accepted and I would need to wait for another bio appt to redo the whole process. We got the picture taken and it didn't matter to me how it looked as long as it met the specs required. Within a few minutes I was all done both times.
After the whole thing he gave me back my appointment letter with details handwritten on the stamp that the other officer stamped.
For some...I noticed, they were given a paper and were instructed to wait for another appointment letter since the fingerprints or picture did not come out right and they couldn't redo due to time allocated for each appointment. I remember during my second visit this lady begging to be redone but the IO clearly told her that the system wouldn't let him enter the same person twice and she had to wait at home for an appt. 'twas sad to watch.
That was it for me...

Best wishes.

Thank you makeiteasier,Appreciated your answer.
I ve started to collect the docs and medical too. In a week or two i should have everything ready but i guess i will wait for april 1st to send all since my number is available in april
Thanx again

Hello
I sent an email to KCC regarding arrival of my DSP 122 and photos. I knew it was delivered since I tracked it, but just in case I emailed them too. I just want to share it here with you....
this is response i got today:

Thank you for your inquiry.

The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DSP 122 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the CIS. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case.

To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request.

I was wondering if anyone else got the same response.

That was helpful + best wishes on your interview

I've done biometrics twice recently at the same ASC location and both times it was same...though first was a walk in and recently in December as scheduled.
Got there a few minutes before...showed the guard my bio appt letter then he gave me some form and pen to fill. As I gave him back he asked to see my cell and ensure that it was off. There were about 2 pple ahead of me...then we followed a line to another guard who gave us numbers on first come first serve basis, checked our IDs agaisnt the letters and stamped the letters...then led us to a room with a few people sitting and waiting (first time there were about 20 something and second we were about 10-15). Different IOs were calling different numbers and before I got comfortable on my chair, I got called. He led me to bio cubicle where 4 people are each being taken care off. Did a few things on computer to enter my information as per the appt letter...cleaned the computer glass and cleaned my fingers then started. (first time he instructed me that he had only 15 minutes set on the computer to do the whole process, and if the fingerprints come out with too many red spaces, they might be rejected by FBI and so I should relax as much as possible and let him have control of my fingers...'twas a challenge at first but managed. He also told me that he would try to redo any mistakes at the end of the session if there was time. He redid one thumb and one ring finger). The second time he just did the thumbs then fingers...each and all etc... Both times, he took pictures after the fingerprints and asked me if I liked it or we could redo if we had time. He told me to ensure that my hair didn't cover any ears as it would not be accepted and I would need to wait for another bio appt to redo the whole process. We got the picture taken and it didn't matter to me how it looked as long as it met the specs required. Within a few minutes I was all done both times.
After the whole thing he gave me back my appointment letter with details handwritten on the stamp that the other officer stamped.
For some...I noticed, they were given a paper and were instructed to wait for another appointment letter since the fingerprints or picture did not come out right and they couldn't redo due to time allocated for each appointment. I remember during my second visit this lady begging to be redone but the IO clearly told her that the system wouldn't let him enter the same person twice and she had to wait at home for an appt. 'twas sad to watch.
That was it for me...

Best wishes.

That was really helpful. Was the form easy to fill? I *always* suck at filling forms... By the way, good luck on your (coming soon) interview. I can't wait for my interview to be scheduled (hopefully at end of April or beginning of May)

Form

That was really helpful. Was the form easy to fill? I *always* suck at filling forms... By the way, good luck on your (coming soon) interview. I can't wait for my interview to be scheduled (hopefully at end of April or beginning of May)

Fill just name, date of birth...and sign or something else...I don't remember. It's a half page...like attendance sheet.

Thanks for your wishes regarding my upcoming interview. At times i feel ready, at times I feel so not ready, at times it's cool, at times it's worrisome. But each day counts another day less.
As of yesterday, KCC had not transferred my file to FO. I had called once before and this was the last time. This time, she told me to check after March 15th. I said ok. So hopefully all goes well next Wednesday and when current i get something in the mail :)

Hello guys,
I received a letter from KCC (in my spam box) with two attachments:eek:ne is the adjustment letter and the other one is the letter telling me to pay the dv fee.
I checked the ESC website where we find out if we were sleceted or not, it's still the same. now, do we expect a change/update in that webpage?
some says yes, some says no, i'm confused.

and during your medicals, did your doctor tell you that you need to have 2 chicken pox vaccine in 4 weeks for imigration purposes?

thanks

good day

gkds52

Congrats

Hello guys,
I received a letter from KCC (in my spam box) with two attachments:eek:ne is the adjustment letter and the other one is the letter telling me to pay the dv fee.
I checked the ESC website where we find out if we were sleceted or not, it's still the same. now, do we expect a change/update in that webpage?
some says yes, some says no, i'm confused.

and during your medicals, did your doctor tell you that you need to have 2 chicken pox vaccine in 4 weeks for imigration purposes?

thanks

good day

gkds52
Congratulations on getting your AOS adjustment letter and all email confirming KCC handing over to CIS. Once you move that email to inbox, any other emails from KCC will be delivered to inbox. Happens a lot.

When doing AOS the letter does not change even after you get your green card. However for the who are doing CP, their letter changes when they are current and it becomes the notification for interview or something. They are lucky that they can tell how things are moving by going to that website.

The civil surgeons do not do a blanket order for all. It depends on each applicant/patient. If you have your childhood immunization records and something that is required is missing, they will tell you that you need it administered to update your records and give you a schedule. Or they can ask you to take more shots as boost on addition to what you have in cases where a shot is supposed to be administered every 10 years. If you do not have your records, they will do a blood work to check for immunity. If you are found immune to all the diseases as per CDC website, then no more shots for you. Of however your immunity shows risk for any illness, they will usually administer a boost to ensure you are to date.

Interview

Hello Guys,
Still waiting for my IL. I have done a couple of infoPasses with some progress. I was told fingerprint and name check cleared but pending IO sending an IL. It is turf to wait this long. I still want to remain optimistic. Those having an interview coming up next week, I wish you all the best. Come back and share your experience. Is there anybody from my FO having the same long wait time? You all stay blessed.

Medicals - Shots

One more thing about getting these additional...or initial immunizations/shots:
If your religion does not allow you to take shots, then green card should not. The US Govt is sensitive to such stuff...even in schools, if my religion states that my kids will not take shots, they are allowed to go to school without shots as long as I can show that it is legitimate...not just a claim out of fear of needles (like I do seriously have a phobia for needles!).

If the reason that you or your children never did shots was religious in nature, then state so, and have some form of paper evidence/document to show that, like a letter from clergy or "Statement of Faith" from your religion..which should be accompanied by proof that you are a member of that religion.

Just thought of adding this...

I485 Application filing location clarification

Can someone please help which instruction should I follow when filing I485 for AOS. Everyone on this forum seems to have files AOS package @ Chicago Lock Box, however KCC letter to me states I must file at Local USCIS office.

Here is a portion from the letter

To adjust to legal permanent resident status through the Diversity Visa program,you must file Form I-485 with
your local USCIS Office
. However, you must wait until an immigrant visa number is immediately available to
file Form I-485, otherwise your application will be rejected. To see if an immigrant visa number is immediately
available, check the current Department of State Visa Bulletin at​

Did your letter had the same as well?

Thanks,
KV

Chicago or Local Office

Can someone please help which instruction should I follow when filing I485 for AOS. Everyone on this forum seems to have files AOS package @ Chicago Lock Box, however KCC letter to me states I must file at Local USCIS office.

Here is a portion from the letter

To adjust to legal permanent resident status through the Diversity Visa program,you must file Form I-485 with
your local USCIS Office
. However, you must wait until an immigrant visa number is immediately available to
file Form I-485, otherwise your application will be rejected. To see if an immigrant visa number is immediately
available, check the current Department of State Visa Bulletin at​

Did your letter had the same as well?

Thanks,
KV

You can go to your local office with your winning notification and they will direct you to file for AOS I485 as per the instructions on the uscis.gov forms, which direct that all these be filed through Chicago Lock box...OR...you can go ahead and file without having to go through the lockbox. Local office does not receive the matter till a little later...I think after NBC in Missouri has already reviewed and scheduled for Bio etc.

Edit: I got the same letter, we all did.

just another quick question regarding the stamped DV fee receipt.
I received mine last week. it's dv fee payment form-paper (the one that we sent with our money order - our name address-440$X number of people), which came back with a very simple stamped sign on it. blue and red color - kind of a rectangular box - inside says RECEIVED in cap letters.

just wondering if yours the same too.

thanks

interview

Hello

My family took interview today and got "decision" notice this evening. We are expecting
to get green cards in 2 weeks!! Thank you for all of your support.
Here is our experience.

Our appointment was 8:30am. We went there at 8:10am. About 20 people
had already waited at the office.
We put our interview invitation letter on the "appointment check-in" counter.
We waited around 20-30 min. Then, an officer called our names.
We went to her office at the same time. She is very nice and professional.

First we raised our right hands and took the oath.

She asked us couple of questions.
+What do you do?
+What is your company's name?
+What kinds of visa do you have? Are these in status?
+Could you show me the proof of marriage?
(I showed a photo of our wedding and marriage certificate.)
+Do you have original documents of your marriage certificate with your own language?
+Yes/No question from I485 (crime, drugs, terrorism etc..)
+Do you have employment status document?

To my wife
+What do you do?
+Yes/No question from I485 (crime, drugs, terrorism etc..)

To my child
+How old are you?
+What school do you go to?

Then, she asked me to provide I797 (L1 visa approval letter). I did not know what I797 is.
So, I answered....."I have some documents related to L1 visa at home. But I am not sure
these are I797 or not." Before the meeting, I told my family that the only thing we need to do
today is just to tell the truth. If we do not know the answers, then, we would simply say
"we do not know." So, I told the truth that I do not know what I797 is and I may or may not
have one at home.
I asked her whether I can come back to the office today. She kindly said "yes."
Today, PC at the immigration office was very slow. When we finished our interview, it
was already 10am.

Then, we came home and found out that the document I have is I797. I took copy of it
and came back to the immigration office.
When I arrived at the immigration office again, I wondered whether I could enter again
or not because all I have is just a post-it memo from my officer. But, security guy
remembered my face and he let me in.
I went to the "appointment check-in" counter again and showed her memo and
said that "I would like to talk with her." I waited for her at the office and met her again
and submitted I797.

She said that green card will be sent in 2 weeks!!! It was around 2:20pm.

Around 4:45pm, I got text message. It said... "Your case is updated. Check "My case Status.""
I went home and found out that our status moved from "Initial review" to "Decision"
It says...."we had registered customer's new permanent resident status."

We are very happy!!!

Thank you again and good luck, everyone!!

Last edited by a moderator: