• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

hi friends
Today finaly i send the AOS fee i hope i wont get any problem..i filled out the form and send it with $440 with cashiers check because i don't have any personal check but i ordered it today :)maybe it's gonna help next time :)also i got a appointment for medical examination they gave me for 01-12-2012 what you guys think Is it late or not ?But they said when you come to the appointment after this paper works it gonna take just a few days i think I'm still okey right ?now What i supposed to do ?I'm waitting for your recommendation..
thanks alot again

2012eu00021xxx (md)

07/15/11 1st NL on the web

07/30/11 Sent DSP-122, DS-230, and Photos to KCC

12/20/11 finally send the fee :))
01/12/12 appointment for medicial examination

Last edited by a moderator:
eyup,

You may want to start to prepare for I485 package.

Here is the mandatory documents.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=2df93a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Two passport-style photos
Form G-325A, Biographic Information, if you are between 14 and 79 years of age
Copy of government-issued photo identification
Copy of birth certificate
Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa (if applicable)
Copy of passport page with admission (entry) stamp (if applicable)
Form I-94, Arrival/ Departure Record (if applicable)
Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record
Applicable fees
Certified copies of court records (if you have ever been arrested)
Copy of the principal applicant’s selection letter for the diversity visa lottery from DOS
Copy of the receipt for the processing fee of the diversity visa lottery from DOS
Principal applicants must also submit evidence of a high school diploma or its equivalent, or evidence of 2 years of work experience in an occupation requiring at least 2 years of training or experience in the past 5 years.

These are just mandatory documents you need to submit. Applicants submitted various kinds of documents in addition to these documents.
I also posted my list at #282 on page 10 on Oct 17 for your info.

Here is a tip from USCIS how to assemple your package.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD

ps. You can create your signature by
Click "Forum Actions" located at second to the right on the top bar of the page
Choose "Edit profile"
Click "Edit signature" on the left

best regards,

max555

eyup

Regarding the timing, our deadline of getting green cards is end Sep 2012. So, you still have enough time.
If you want to accelerate the schedule, you can search another civil surgeon on USCIS website and
try to set up an earlier appointment.

In addition, when you go to medical checkup, it is better to bring the most updated I693.
Then, ask your civil surgeon to fill in I693.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

regards,

Max555

DV 2012 winner -- questions

Dear sir or madam,

My wife is among those randomly selected for DV 2012. Both my wife and I have been under F-1 status and are now doing our post-completion OPT. Our OPT expires in the end of May. We have some questions and we would appreciate an answer to them:

Question#1 --- I (the husband) came to the US under a student visa. After one year and 3 months, we got married but did not do a wedding since I was not able to go to my home country to sign the marriage contract. I authorized my father through the court to do it for me since I was taking classes and was getting ready for a new semester. My wife then joined me and came to the US with a student visa, too. We are legally married under an official marriage contract; will the absence of marriage photos be an issue for us? We do, however, have a joint apartment lease, two joint bank accounts, car papers in both our names, and our son's birth certificate with both our names. Our son was born here in the US.

Question #2 --- According to the most recent visa bulletin, our number indicates we can send our application starting March 1. We sent our initial forms to KCC and received a letter from them indicating they are aware we will be applying for adjustment of status with the USCIS. We are, however, having a little problem understanding a question on the first page of I-485. Under Part 2 of page 1, my wife and I are guessing that the box to check is the first one ("I am applying for an adjustment for permanent resident status because (a) an immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been approved [attach a copy of the approval notice...filed with this application that will give you an immediately available visa number, if approved]"). Our question is: how do we get this "immigrant petition giving [us] an immediately available immigrant visa number has been approved"? Is the USCIS going to send it to us so we can attach it with I-485? Or does KCC send it? If so, when are we going to receive it?

Question #3 --- When we submit our application on March 1, and since both my wife and I are applying for adjustment of status, will we have to submit 2 DV fees and 2 application fees or just 1? Also, should we include original documents with our application? Or are we not going to need them until the day of the interview?

These are all the questions I can think as of right now, but I will post more questions in the event more surface. I really appreciate the opportunity to post my questions via this forum and thank you very much for the help you are offering immigrants.

Thank you very much in advance for answering our questions.

Amine

Amine

>will the absence of marriage photos be an issue for us?

I do not know how often interviewers ask for a wedding photo. I only heard once for DV.
I think as long as you bring documents which prove your marriage to the interview, you will be ok.
This is just my opinion, though

>we can send our application starting March 1.

Currently Visa bulletin showed only # for Feb. March data will be ready in early Jan.
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5630.html

>the first page of I-485. Under Part 2 of page 1, my wife
>and I are guessing that the box to check is the first one

See #333-#338 on page 12 of DV2012 AOS only

>Question #3 Our question is: should we tick "yes" to question 2 under Part 3 on page 3

I have no ideas.You may want to ask attorneys. For example, you can use JustAnswer.com

>Question #4 ---will we have to submit 2 DV fees and 2 application fees or just 1?

You need to submit 2DV fees to DOS first. Then, include 2 application fees with I485 package

>Also, should we include original documents with our application?
>Or are we not going to need them until the day of the interview?

I think regarding all of the legal documents, copies should be used. Regarding I485 itself, you will send original one.
It is better to copy entire I485 package and bring it and original documents with you for the interview.

regards,

max555

Sending package a couple of days after it's current, and state ID question

Hello all,

I have two questions;

1) How bad would it be to send the AOS package on the 5th of the current month instead of the 1st. I will be current this Jan but still don't have all the papers in hand. Is it fine if I send the package like on the 5th? Will it delay the process?

2) My second question is about the government-issued photo ID. I lived in one state for two years (from 2008 to 2010), right now I'm living in a different state (I've been in this state for a year and a half). Now I don't have a state ID for this state but I have one for the old state. What's the best thing to do? Send a copy of the old state ID or should I issue a new state ID for this state and send it instead of the old one? *The old one is not expired or anything.

Thanks

1) You can send your stuff anytime after your number becomes current. The earliest the better of course but their would not be any difference between Jan 1rst and Jan 5th.

2) You should get an ID from your current state. It does not need to be a driver's license a state ID is enough. It is ok to send a copy of whatever id you have now, but between now and the interview, i would get an ID from the current state.

Hello all,

I have two questions;

1) How bad would it be to send the AOS package on the 5th of the current month instead of the 1st. I will be current this Jan but still don't have all the papers in hand. Is it fine if I send the package like on the 5th? Will it delay the process?

2) My second question is about the government-issued photo ID. I lived in one state for two years (from 2008 to 2010), right now I'm living in a different state (I've been in this state for a year and a half). Now I don't have a state ID for this state but I have one for the old state. What's the best thing to do? Send a copy of the old state ID or should I issue a new state ID for this state and send it instead of the old one? *The old one is not expired or anything.

Thanks

1) No, you'll be fine. I was current in October and sent mine at the end of October.

2) I had the exact same problem. I doubt they won't give you a green card if you have an out-of-state ID, but I read somewhere they'll question you extensively. I lived in California for over 2 years before I got a driver's license here. I had an ID from a different state the entire time. The day before my interview, I went to the DMV and got a CA license.

By the way guys, my online status changed to "decision" today. It says, "On December 23, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later." It hasn't moved to card production yet, but I guess that means I'm approved huh?? Well merry christmas!!

Hey guys, did anyone file G-1145 with their application?
It seems like you can give them your email address/phone number and get instant notifications.

Hi Isalmon

I filed G1145 and I am very happy that I did so.
According to DV2011 AOS only, there were typically only 2 to 7 days b/w AOS delivered in Chicago and Acceptance.
But, in my case it took 15 days.
I knew that somebody's I485 package was lost during the delivery a couple of years ago.
So, I was so concerned about my package. Thanks to G1145, I got a text message that USCIS accepted
my application on Dec 13. I got NOA mail on Dec 17. So, if I had not submitted G1145, I would have waited 4 more days...
While waiting, I was so anxious and I called USCIS on Dec 9. They said "Just wait. There is nothing we can do."

I listed all of documents I submitted with I485 at #282 on page 10 on Oct 17 for your info.

When you submit G1145, you need to put G1145 on the first page of your I485 package for your info. See the instruction below.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Happy holidays, everyone!!

Awesome.
I think not a lot of people know about this opportunity, so I'm glad I found it in the instructions!

My case status just changed to card production!! Thanks to everyone here!!!!!! This forum was extremely helpful! Happy new year to all of you!

Congratulations, Ocean3!! You will be GREENed soon!

Today, we did walk-in biometrics. I have schedule conflict with biometrics appointment date.
So, this Wed, my family went to USCIS Elizabeth. The manager requested me to provide a
medical letter that stating I have schedule conflict. At that time we did not have a letter.
This Thursday, we got a letter from our clinic. Then, today we went to the USCIS office again
and did biometrics.

As expected, my daughter (4 years old) also had her fingerprints and a picture taken.
Biometrics fee is not required for her, since she is a kid.
But, she went through similar process to ours.
That is consistent with what I heard from DV2011 winners.

best regards,

Max555

i-485 part 2

hi friends ,
now i'm filling the I-485 but i got confuse at part 2 ..currently i'm f-1 student but i came US with j-1 visa and i don't go to the my country back i mean i don't have this f-1 visa at my passpord. Are you guys know which one should i check ?AND also at part 3 what's the NONIMMIGRANT VISA NUMBER where can i find it?

thanks.

2012eu00021xxx (md)

07/15/11 1st NL on the web

07/30/11 Sent DSP-122, DS-230, and Photos to KCC

12/20/11 finally send the fee )
01/12/12 appointment for medicial examination

Diversity Visa AOS in New York City

Dear All,

Long time follower of this thread.

Does anyone have any information on the expected time frame for Diversity Visa AOS in New York City? Does it typically take longer / same time than other locations to get the interview scheduled?

My number will be current in February and I am planning to send the i-485 package no later than mid January.

Thanks in advance and Happy 2012,
Joao

2012EU00018xxx
07/15/2011 - Confirmation of selection for the 2012 edition of the US Diversity Visa
12/08/2011 - Current in February
12/30/2011 - Check of $880 (2 x $440) sent to Department of State

Eyup,

> i got confuse at part 2

It seems everybody got confused with Part2 of I485.
See #333-#338 on page 12 of DV2012 AOS only

>NONIMMIGRANT VISA NUMBER

I do not know whether it is right or not, but I used "control number" on my visa on my passport.

ps. I edited my previous post. Now the link should work.

thanks,

max555

Sooo... I came home today from my vacation, and I found my green card in the mailbox!! What a good way to start the new year!

Good luck everyone!!