• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

Hello guys and Happy New year 2 all, today i got a very confusing call from a friend of mine in USA (he is 1 who applied for me) well he told me that he called KCC regarding my case and they told him that they will send my 2NL on feb,15th which i find very strange cuz my case no as u can see on my signature is 73K plus,,, ryt now im so confused i don't know whether i should be happy or worried,,, i need your help guys to tell me if any of u heard or had same situation like mine thank you and wish u all best of luck ...

Hello guys and Happy New year 2 all, today i got a very confusing call from a friend of mine in USA (he is 1 who applied for me) well he told me that he called KCC regarding my case and they told him that they will send my 2NL on feb,15th which i find very strange cuz my case no as u can see on my signature is 73K plus,,, ryt now im so confused i don't know whether i should be happy or worried,,, i need your help guys to tell me if any of u heard or had same situation like mine thank you and wish u all best of luck ...

Hi everyone

As I know we should show some kind of financial support ( Bank statement, .... ) to get the visa. I'm going to show my Bank Account Statement. Today one of my friends told me that the account should be in one of the US banks ( and if my bank is in Europe they won't accept it )!!
Is it correct?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks

Hi everyone

As I know we should show some kind of financial support ( Bank statement, .... ) to get the visa. I'm going to show my Bank Account Statement. Today one of my friends told me that the account should be in one of the US banks ( and if my bank is in Europe they won't accept it )!!
Is it correct?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks

Hi Saro,I can only speak for Germany,here,you are not oblige to get an account in the US but if you want to get one I dont know how that would work because opening an account from abroad is pretty difficult.For my case,I showed a bank statement from here. But remember to check with your interviewing embassy in your Country because the situation might be different there.

Wish you all of luck

well Yaso, personally i haven't heard of anything like this before, but then i think for now you can wait till lets say around the said date which is 15th feb then send KCC and e-mail to inquire about your case to verify whether it is really true as the call mentioned. best of luck.

@ Kuhananth

March visa bulltein for region of asia 17200

Hi, please can you tell the members where you got your got your info. Please the issue of visa bulletin should be based on facts, and not assumption. In order not to mislead the forum members. We all are here to help each other. Gudluck!

hi kuhananth

dont u calculate my case number? and let me know what is this formula? and this calculation is for what?

Hello friends;

I have some question regarding my DV 2011 visa processing. My questions are:

1. What additional documents (beyond passport and birth certificate) should my family (my son (age 2) and my wife) provide during the interview?
2. Is medical examination needed for all of us? what about police certificate?
3. Can I start processing police certificate and medical examination result before I receive the 2nd NL?
4. Is it possible to process police certificate through a representative (having given him/her all the needed documents?
5. What is really contained in the 2nd NL?
Looking forward to hear from you guys!

Hi, please can you tell the members where you got your got your info. Please the issue of visa bulletin should be based on facts, and not assumption. In order not to mislead the forum members. We all are here to help each other. Gudluck!

You can check the visa bulletin here:
h***://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
As you can see the number for Asia in Feb is 14850 ( DV Category ) and the "Advance Notification" for March is 17200.

Hi Saro,I can only speak for Germany,here,you are not oblige to get an account in the US but if you want to get one I dont know how that would work because opening an account from abroad is pretty difficult.For my case,I showed a bank statement from here. But remember to check with your interviewing embassy in your Country because the situation might be different there.

Wish you all of luck

Hi Njangah
Thanks for the info. I think It's the same for me. at least hope so!

Hello friends;

I have some question regarding my DV 2011 visa processing. My questions are:

1. What additional documents (beyond passport and birth certificate) should my family (my son (age 2) and my wife) provide during the interview?
2. Is medical examination needed for all of us? what about police certificate?
3. Can I start processing police certificate and medical examination result before I receive the 2nd NL?
4. Is it possible to process police certificate through a representative (having given him/her all the needed documents?
5. What is really contained in the 2nd NL?
Looking forward to hear from you guys!

Hi
Maybe I can answer some of your questions:
1. check these sites:
travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html
travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html
2. You can find the answers in the sites I mentioned, but anyway yes everyone needs medicals.
3. The point is, the police record and medicals have an "expiry date", and when you go for the interview they should still be valid, and when you get the visa, you should enter the US before your medicals expires, so you'd better do the police record and medicals when you know your interview date. but for now you can do some research to see how long does it take for your police record and medicals to get ready, so you'll have a good guess when you should start doing it.
4. No idea, But it's really not hard, and it's different in every country, you can check what you should do according to your country:
travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html
5. Just the place, date and time of your interview, some general info, and maybe a list of necessary documents.

Good luck

Hi
Maybe I can answer some of your questions:
1. check these sites:
travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html
travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html
2. You can find the answers in the sites I mentioned, but anyway yes everyone needs medicals.
3. The point is, the police record and medicals have an "expiry date", and when you go for the interview they should still be valid, and when you get the visa, you should enter the US before your medicals expires, so you'd better do the police record and medicals when you know your interview date. but for now you can do some research to see how long does it take for your police record and medicals to get ready, so you'll have a good guess when you should start doing it.
4. No idea, But it's really not hard, and it's different in every country, you can check what you should do according to your country:
travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html
5. Just the place, date and time of your interview, some general info, and maybe a list of necessary documents.

Good luck

Thanks sarofski! It was helpful.

hello guy

Hi Yaso,

Hi Guy
I will prefer you call KCC yourself.
one spirit.

@Popescandy1
@Ndifon
Thanks for ur responds, i decided not to call kcc or even contact them at all i will just wait for the 2NL whenever it comes and i will contact my friend in US to stop contacting them to avoid confusing KCC ... thanks again

@Popescandy1
@Ndifon
Thanks for ur responds, i decided not to call kcc or even contact them at all i will just wait for the 2NL whenever it comes and i will contact my friend in US to stop contacting them to avoid confusing KCC ... thanks again

that is very Ok, all the best as you wait for your set time.