• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

Thanks a lot, I will still keep my hopes up and I am looking forward to the 31st... at midnight I will be checking... I'm being VERY impatient and desperate, can't even sleep!
thanks for your help

Not at all. You really haven't slept I see :)). So good news for you; you'll check your status on 30th of June (not 31), cause there are 30 days in June. And the second one - last year site started to give answers in a day earlier. Don't give up!!!

Hi Guys,

As a 2011 DV winner, i have started reading through the previous visa bulletins.
Now the whole 2011 process (requests for interviews etc) starts in October 2010 right?

If so, i have notice that for the last 3 years my case number (OCEANIA region) which is less than 200 (OC000001**) will be current in October.
Am i interpreting this properly? Does this mean my interview will most likely be in October?

In which case providing all my documentation is up to scratch, this fact provides me with a very good chance of getting a green card?
Am i reading this stuff properly, or are there some unseen risks or processes i am not aware of?

I will be doing the interview in London, UK. Will this slow things down?

Appreciate any insight.

Best of luck to all 2011 winners!!!

Cheers,
AJK

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and me are Spaniards. We entered the diversity lottery for the first time on 2009. On May she was selected for DV2011 with 2011EU00001XXX. We're sending DSP122 and DS230 next week. If everything goes well we'd like to move to USA late on 2011.
I've always wanted to live in USA so I'm really excited at this one in life opportunity to fulfill this dream. We're also restless because we're leaving a safe job in the government, a mortgaged house, car and friends, but I'm sure that I'm not the only one here feeling like us :)

Congrats to all winners,

The mailing process of the DV notification letters was a bit quick this year. Dont know why but may be cause they just sent out only 2 forms this year, others to be downloaded online, but still cant really think of another rational reasoning for this situation . During previous years the range in between first lucky winners and the last happy applicants would be like 2 maybe 3 months but it seems like most letters this year were received during the first 3 weeks of May. People currently receving are only exceptions as their NLs are also dated April so most probably these are only delays of local or international post offices. I believe that contrary to previous years sendings KCC sent all NLs on one or two bundles while it used to be sent on wider date gaps in several bunches during previous years.

Havent heard any recent winners on my local countries (Turkey) threads and lottery serivce websites and also checked out the Nepal Post Office site, of which I heard on this immigration forum, and no update has been posted for th last couple of weeks.

Well actually what Im trying to point out is that as much as Id like to be optimistic, guys all data show that its OVER for this year. Only a few will be finding out that they are winners by checking ot the EDV website results and those will be the creme de la creme, so Id say that dont buy the postings of users saying that you still stand a chance and you may receive a letter till the end of summer. Its all blah blah blah! Thats how it used to be in the old days and it would only lead you to a false dream this year. For us its time to pack our bags and book our places at next years lottery.

I don't want to give any false hopes for those still waiting to hear, but a phone call to KCC by me a couple of weeks ago suggested letters would be still going out in June.

So you never know, it might not be over just yet.

AJK

Congrats to all winners,

Id say that dont buy the postings of users saying that you still stand a chance and you may receive a letter till the end of summer. Its all blah blah blah! Thats how it used to be in the old days and it would only lead you to a false dream this year. For us its time to pack our bags and book our places at next years lottery.

If you know Russian you could find that it's not blah blah blah.I don't post the sending on russian forum only on this reason. I don't know what about your post offices but in countries of the ex-USSR it works not well. Besides for example in my country this year receiving of confirmation letters was very strange. We got by the results 6000 letters, but even in the capital of the country on the main post office it's workers saw only couple letters, not like last year.
Anyway you'll understand. It is statistic over ex-USSR (if you know what is it), point 2 - when sis they get the letter last year. I can't put url, because don't have enough posts, but you always can ask me about it in private message.

And personal advice: if you are not an optimist let others be him. And if you don't know exactly - never say!

Once interviewed and accepted, what happens next? Can we delay our first enty to USA till the end of the fiscal year? I've failed to find this information in Internet.

Hello. I'm from Ukraine (Eastern Europe). Wу still didn't cross over our chances for this year. Exactly you'll know only July,1. On our sites I have found messages that people had got their letter in June, July and even August last year. some of them, who checked the web-site on July,1 and found they won hadn't got any letter at all, recorrespond with KCC and got their numbers by e-mail.
So, keep your hope as we do. Good luck!

Limonchella,
thank you!!! It´should be the attitude for every one who is deserving DV!!! indeed it is true!!! thank you and I am asking every one to keep Faith on Almighty and light your hope alive!!!! thank you again limonchella

hey guys, here is what i noticed from reading A LOT of forums. it's my understanding from previous years that the DV NL r distributed in waves during different times. the last date on a NL that i found was June 1st. From what i also noticed. it doesn't matter whether u r living in the US or not. The NL's are distributed randomly, and the proof of that is that in the beginning of may someone from asia got a NL with number 44,000 and then 2 weeks later someone from asia got NL with number 2,000! So seeing that the NL's r distributed randomly. If the KCC is still sending out NL then that means people in the US theoratically can still have hope.

But again that hope hangs on the fact that the KCC is still sending out NL. They said they would be sending from may through july. but the actually letter distribution started in April so i don't know what to think.

I personally think that ppl living abroad should still have faith and be optimistic because their letters could be stuck some where in the mail and possibly on their way. As for those living in the US like myself, i think that our chances r minimal but we should still have a little hope. If there is anyone with information about a NL dated from the KCC in June or actually called them to confirm that letters will still come out in June then we still have a chance in the game and hopefully with a lot of luck we will receive our NL's.

This is my observations and i'm eagerly waiting, checking my mail box everyday so good luck to everyone and if anyone has any information plz let us know!

Only a few will be finding out that they are winners by checking ot the EDV website results and those will be the creme de la creme

How sure are you? where did you get the info that the bestests are not notified?

Congrats to all winners,

The mailing process of the DV notification letters was a bit quick this year. Dont know why but may be cause they just sent out only 2 forms this year, others to be downloaded online, but still cant really think of another rational reasoning for this situation . During previous years the range in between first lucky winners and the last happy applicants would be like 2 maybe 3 months but it seems like most letters this year were received during the first 3 weeks of May. People currently receving are only exceptions as their NLs are also dated April so most probably these are only delays of local or international post offices. I believe that contrary to previous years sendings KCC sent all NLs on one or two bundles while it used to be sent on wider date gaps in several bunches during previous years.

Havent heard any recent winners on my local countries (Turkey) threads and lottery serivce websites and also checked out the Nepal Post Office site, of which I heard on this immigration forum, and no update has been posted for th last couple of weeks.

Well actually what Im trying to point out is that as much as Id like to be optimistic, guys all data show that its OVER for this year. Only a few will be finding out that they are winners by checking ot the EDV website results and those will be the creme de la creme, so Id say that dont buy the postings of users saying that you still stand a chance and you may receive a letter till the end of summer. Its all blah blah blah! Thats how it used to be in the old days and it would only lead you to a false dream this year. For us its time to pack our bags and book our places at next years lottery.

I dont know how could someone be so sure that the bestest are not letter notified!!!!!!!

As a first timer i have been anxiously waiting to see if i recieve NL and was wondering how it looks. Well i mine is still on the way but someone did receive hers dated April 2010, CN: 2011AF000605XXX, Receieved on 4th June 2010. This is the letter in Full.

U.S.Department of State
Kentucky Consular Centre
3505 North Highway 25W
Williamsburg KY 40769
U.S.A.

April 20, 2010.

111111111111111111111111111111111(bar code)
Name:.......................................................

Address:.....................................................

Dear ...........................................................

You are among those randomly selected for further processing in the diversity Immigrant Visa program for the fiscal year 2011 (October 1,2010 to September 30, 2011). Selection does does not guarantee that you will receive because the number of applicants selected is greater than the number of visas available. Please retain this letter and take it with you to your visa interview.

Approxiamately 100,000 individuals were selected for further processing. Therefore it is important that you carefully follow instructions to increase your chances of a possible visa issuance. You must visit the Department of state website at dvselectee.state.gov where you will find instructions for completing the required processing steps.

Please be advised that your case may not be scheduled for an interview appointment untill a visa number is available. You will only be contacted by the Kentucky Consular Centre when a visa appointment is scheduled.

If it should be necessary to contact the contact the Kentucky Consular Centre, you must always refer to your name and case number exactly as they appear below. Your case number should be clearly written in the upper right hand corner of all documents and correspondences sent to the Kentucky Consular Centre.

Case Number: 2011AF000605XXX
PA Name:................................
Preferance Category:................
Foreign State Chargeability: Uganda

The Kentucky Consular Centre telephone number is 606 526-7500 (7.30am to 4:00pm EST), or send emailinquiryto KCCDV@state.gov

Page 2

Name.............................
Adreess.........................

2011AF000605XXX
1111111111111111111111111(bar code)

Please return this barcode sheet to facilitate the processing of your visa case when you return DSP 122 and DS230 (Part 1 & 11) to the Kentucky Consular Centre.

The strangest CN ever!!!!!!

Can anyone explain in a detailed way this steps:
especially I want to know how KCC confirmed receipt ? and what is the "current" and where can you check it ?

CN-2010AF00019XXX
NL SENT BY KCC-MARCH,09
NL RECVD-27th May,09
NL SENT BACK-3rd June,09
NL Got to KCC 5th June via DHL
KCC confirmed receipt 11th June,09
Current:
Started medicals:
Completed Medicals:
2nd NL recieved:
Interview successful:
Visa pick up:

Thanks

The hell you dont, how was your case in your signature? It is bad to play on people.

I found this on another forum:

The July Visa Bulletin advises that all those drawn in DV2011 have now been notified.
DV2012 will start in October

The bulletin states that 12.1 million qualified entries were received. 100 600 were drawn, and NL's sent out.

I see so many people being so negative. I have gone through a number of signatures that were notified late. I dont know why were they notified late. I still think KCC does a great job having to contact more than 100000 people. Anyway, if you go thru the forums you will find people notified in August (with relatively lower CNs).

The July Visa Bulletin advises that all those drawn in DV2011 have now been notified.

The bulletin states that 12.1 million qualified entries were received. 100 600 were drawn, and NL's sent out.

The bulletin looks like last year's with only 2011 replacing 2010. I dont know whether it is a mistake or a design.

To be exact, these bulletins have the same satatement except the years, July 2010, August 2009, July 2008, September 2007, August 2006, August 2005, August 2004, August 2003,....

Not at all. You really haven't slept I see :)). So good news for you; you'll check your status on 30th of June (not 31), cause there are 30 days in June. And the second one - last year site started to give answers in a day earlier. Don't give up!!!

I have no clue why I wrote 31 instead of 30 when every single day I'm counting down to the 30th! See what this stress and lack of sleep is doing to me :p

Well and as far as giving up... I also agree that we should be optimistic!! I know it may be hard at times but I also read about people who received their NL in July or even August so we still got hope... In my country only 16 people won so I try to not bring my hopes up too high but we should still not give up!

I read that several people called the KCC center, I tried a 1900 number I saw and it does not work. I also tried this one 606-526-7500 but with no success.
I will try contacting them again tomorrow and will ask them if all NLs have been sent out. And I will also try and be sneaky and see if they will tell me if I won :D haha not really...
Well I will let you guys know if I get an answer :)

those notified in August what was the date on their NL? and were any of them in the US? or did their receive it from their home countries?

Once interviewed and accepted, what happens next? Can we delay our first enty to USA till the end of the fiscal year? I've failed to find this information in Internet.

Sorry Davidjp for everyone overlooking your question. Once interviewed and accepted, you have six months from the date your visas are issued to enter the united states. If you stay more than six months before your first entry then your visa expires by which time your chances of getting a green card are DEAD!