• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

Winning this lottery is almost an unachievable dream. I've been applying for 6 years, but nothing has come out yet. And as to georgio's concern - yes, it is indeed a very interesting pattern that people from some countries (not quite big and populous) have a disproportionate number of winners.

I have a question.Why for example in Europe some small countries like Albania or Serbia have so many winners and bigger countries like France or Italy have less number of winners?
Do they choose randomly from Europe or they target in specific countries?

Serbia is just one lucky country ;-), but yes there is a lot of people applaing for DV aproximatly 5000-7000 every year

georgio I have often wondered the same thing as well. As far as visa issuance goes each country is limited to 7% of total visas issued but there is no limit on % winners (i.e what % of total winners can a single country have)...leaves a lot of room for manipulation if needs be. I have often wondered about the randomness of the lottery but it's one thing I guess we'll never know. My husband says if it is truly random, they need nothing more than your name, DOB, Place of birth and mailing address to make a selection..every additional information aids in handpicking.

georgio I have often wondered the same thing as well. As far as visa issuance goes each country is limited to 7% of total visas issued but there is no limit on % winners (i.e what % of total winners can a single country have)...leaves a lot of room for manipulation if needs be. I have often wondered about the randomness of the lottery but it's one thing I guess we'll never know. My husband says if it is truly random, they need nothing more than your name, DOB, Place of birth and mailing address to make a selection..every additional information aids in handpicking.

Yes, unfortunately we will never know about the details of the process. Yet I can't believe that they hand-pick so many selectees - it's just seems too an expensive thing to do. Anyways, I try to keep my fading hope without really believing that I possess the luck to win the lottery.

hi guys;
am from Ethiopia living in sweeden,
yesterday i got a DV lottey notification from KCC
while am happy for the chance my case number is high ( 2011AF00030XXX )
which is unusuall for ethiopia to be current in the visa bulletin for the past couple of years with this size of case number.
can any one share me his experiance from nigeria, ethiopia or egypt who got an interview with similar coincidence.
thanks

hi guys;
am from Ethiopia living in sweeden,
yesterday i got a DV lottey notification from KCC
while am happy for the chance my case number is high ( 2011AF00030XXX )
which is unusuall for ethiopia to be current in the visa bulletin for the past couple of years with this size of case number.
can any one share me his experiance from nigeria, ethiopia or egypt who got an interview with similar coincidence.
thanks

Congratulations! There are threads for winners from the mentioned countries. By the way, what was the date of your letter?

Hi everyone - it looks like they've started sending to the OC region because my husband received his letter today!!!
(We live in Sydney and used New Zealand as country of birth)
Am so excited I can hardly type!
The letter was dated May 03 and his case number is 2011OC000011**, which does seem quite high for this region, but I'm not complaining!

Will add proper signature shortly - looking forward to seeing/meeting more OC winners :) Good luck everybody...

I have received my NL i am in Australia and the letter was dated May 03. My case number is 2011OC000001XX
i am so excited and have no idea what to do now !!!

I have received my NL i am in Australia and the letter was dated May 03. My case number is 2011OC000001XX
i am so excited and have no idea what to do now !!!

Congratulations :)

1- read the letter
2- follow the instructions correctly
3- correspondence to KCC

Congratulations :)

1- read the letter
2- follow the instructions correctly
3- correspondence to KCC

thankyou!

I have a couple of questions
What is the website that tells me what the minimum funds are to enter america?

Also what does a current case number mean? I looked at the website and i saw my number was alot lower than the current number? i dont know what that means?

and approx how long until my interview if my case number is under 200?

thankyou!

I have a couple of questions
What is the website that tells me what the minimum funds are to enter america?

Also what does a current case number mean? I looked at the website and i saw my number was alot lower than the current number? i dont know what that means?

and approx how long until my interview if my case number is under 200?

the process is free of charge so far... the payment will be only at the interview and the medical exams !, any website tells you that you must pay and blah blah, that's a fraud !
cuz the official website's extension is like this ".gov" any other sites like ".org or .com or . info etc." are not official governmental websites, so step away from 'em

current case number means, that your case number is now in progress to put it in a schedule for an interview after couple of months later, and that happens after corresponding to KCC (sending back the printout applications and photos and the barcode sheet)...

so, if your case number is lower, that means the processing for an interview will be earlier...

good luck :)

the process is free of charge so far... the payment will be only at the interview and the medical exams !, any website tells you that you must pay and blah blah, that's a fraud !
cuz the official website's extension is like this ".gov" any other sites like ".org or .com or . info etc." are not official governmental websites, so step away from 'em

current case number means, that your case number is now in progress to put it in a schedule for an interview after couple of months later, and that happens after corresponding to KCC (sending back the printout applications and photos and the barcode sheet)...

so, if your case number is lower, that means the processing for an interview will be earlier...

good luck :)

Hi
Thank you for your reply

However i was wondering what the minimum amount of funds i am supposed to have in my account to prove i wont be a public liability, I didnt mean about fraud websites sorry for confusion.

Hi
Thank you for your reply

However i was wondering what the minimum amount of funds i am supposed to have in my account to prove i wont be a public liability, I didnt mean about fraud websites sorry for confusion.

Ah, okay i got what you mean now hehe...
okay... well, that condition is only required for the tourist visa, not immigrant visa !... :)

Hi

I don't receive 1st NL yet, however I have questions for DSP-122 and DS-230.

1) Do I have to write case # each paper?? ( like write down the right on top of paper of blank place )

2) I don't have any friends in the States, that means I don't have any available mailing address in the State.

Regarding No. 10 and 11 of DS-230, I don't have to write down when I send back to KCC. Is that ok that write like " Not available now, however I would like to inform you when the interview." ???

I could understand that what I need to send back to KCC through this post.

FORMS - DS230 and DSP-122
2 PICTURES
BARCODE ( put on the envelope ???

Am I correct about what send back to KCC?

Any envelpe is ok to send back to KCC? like hard one or something..

What kind of service you use for sending back to KCC? like EMS, UPS, FEDEX or something..

Hi

I don't receive 1st NL yet, however I have questions for DSP-122 and DS-230.

1) Do I have to write case # each paper?? ( like write down the right on top of paper of blank place )

2) I don't have any friends in the States, that means I don't have any available mailing address in the State.

Regarding No. 10 and 11 of DS-230, I don't have to write down when I send back to KCC. Is that ok that write like " Not available now, however I would like to inform you when the interview." ???

I could understand that what I need to send back to KCC through this post.

FORMS - DS230 and DSP-122
2 PICTURES
BARCODE ( put on the envelope ???

Am I correct about what send back to KCC?

Any envelpe is ok to send back to KCC? like hard one or something..

What kind of service you use for sending back to KCC? like EMS, UPS, FEDEX or something..

Hey dude ! here, the answers:

1) you should write your case number in the upper right area on each paper

2) well in this case, you can write an address of any Hotel or Japanese society center (that Japanese people there meet each other you got what i mean?), but anyway, try to have any connection with any friend there... that the easier way...

3) no, don't write like this... you may leave blank and inform this to the counsel or KCC by email about this... and they would ask you to inform them the address as soon as you get it by email.

4) you're absolutely right about the required attachments in the correspondence.
notes:
a) the photographs size is 5x5
b) i recommend, to make a copy of the forms and the barcode sheet as well to keep it with you, just in case to remind yourself what you've wrote, and if you needed the barcode sheet for any reason.

5) any envelope with A5 size, just like the one you got ! - (if not available, A4 size will be okay - like the previous white one that they used to send last years)

6) well, the Japan postal service is fine i guess, and the common one there used is EMS i suppose !... but FedEx or DHL is much better for sure, and faster, so i recommend DHL

good luck buddy ;)

Hello;
I am Egyptian. I went to the Visa Bullitens. and in the Africa category, I noticed they put Except Egypt, Ethiopia and Nigeria and they put 3 cut offs which are much lower (almost half) of the cut off of the rest of Africa. Does any one here has any explanation for this?????
Thanx in advance

Hi
Thank you for your reply

Check this link from Dept of Health and Human services for Poverty guidelines. Just replace the xx with tt in the hxxp below. The funds usually vary based on family size.

hxxp://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/09poverty.shtml

Hello;
I am Egyptian. I went to the Visa Bullitens. and in the Africa category, I noticed they put Except Egypt, Ethiopia and Nigeria and they put 3 cut offs which are much lower (almost half) of the cut off of the rest of Africa. Does any one here have an explanation for this?????
Thanx in advance

Hello,
my case number 2011AS000014XXX. I am in the US in F1 status. Please suggest me if it is better to go for an AOS or a CP. Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: