• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

Kamran,are u in the States as well? How many times have u tried DV lottery? U seem very knowledgeable about it!lol

The only advice i can give you guys is as soon as your get your NL letter, download your forms DS230 & DS122 and send back as quickly as possible because the earlier you send your forms back the best your chance.

Good luck just trust God for the best.

Of course you better sent it a.s.a.p...but don't rush too fast...Before Oct. 1st, 2010 nothing will be done. Aproxx. Sept. 21st the first case# will be announced which are current.....but still Oct. 2010 is when the lottery interviews can start, not before, so enough time to fill out the form with as much care as possible.

Or maybe people have other things to do, or do not feel the need to prove anything.

For the other, less arrogant people, ks156's report is accurate. Only two pages and one adhesive label in the envelope.
Since I do not have the needed number of posts to insert links, and attachments did not work for me either, you have to copy/paste the URL below and change hxxp to http in your browser.
Code:
hxxp://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9026/dv2011.jpg

Hi

Wow really nice to see the picture.

I thought a big white envelope, but this is a orange (?) regular size envelope.

Congrat !!!

I hope your visa process go smooth!!!

I don't have anything here in Japan.....

I want to get the envelope!!!

winner in europe! uk

forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?312289-Partner-wins-Lottery-Advice-needed-for-KCC-Douments-and-Process-Starting

Cn2011af0009****

Hey.
I got the KCC brown envelope yesterday, sent on April 21 to me here in US.:)
The CN 2011AF0009****.
This CN is one of the last numbers as I believe. And to my understanding it is just near 100,000.:confused:
I am in US and I am on OPT for now which will end on Jan,2011:cool:
I have couple of questions:
1. Is there any problem of me being in OPT that can lead to not going ahead with interview.
2.How quick will I have to send the forms that are requested via dvselectee.gov to KCC. I am in limbo for now on which way I will have to choose as i am gathering info first before making any decisions.
3.Which way will be the easy way for me ,at least to get NL2 and be called early . Can I use AOS or that will take long, or use the consulate process, which will make me go to my native country.
4. If I will use AOS , when will be the right time to go for it, as I have learned through this website that there is a visa bulletin to know if your CN is current. How will I know when a number near 100,000 is current.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey.
I got the KCC brown envelope yesterday, sent on April 21 to me here in US.:)
The CN 2011AF0009****.
This CN is one of the last numbers as I believe. And to my understanding it is just near 100,000.:confused:
I am in US and I am on OPT for now which will end on Jan,2011:cool:
I have couple of questions:
1. Is there any problem of me being in OPT that can lead to not going ahead with interview.
2.How quick will I have to send the forms that are requested via dvselectee.gov to KCC. I am in limbo for now on which way I will have to choose as i am gathering info first before making any decisions.
3.Which way will be the easy way for me ,at least to get NL2 and be called early . Can I use AOS or that will take long, or use the consulate process, which will make me go to my native country.
4. If I will use AOS , when will be the right time to go for it, as I have learned through this website that there is a visa bulletin to know if your CN is current. How will I know when a number near 100,000 is current.:confused:

First of all Congratulations!

I think there are a few things you need to think about, since you hold an OPT that expires in Jan 2011 and in all likelihood you number may be current only towards the end of FY 2011 (Aug / Sep). Do you have an H-1 lined up for you at this stage? It is extremely important, since if you file DS230 with KCC you no longer qualify for F-1 in case you want to go back to the University after the end of your OPT. The reason being the F-1 requires a non-immigrant intent.

Basically you need a plan in order to stay in the US beyond Jan 2011 and the only way after you file DS-230 (declaring immigrant intent) is to stay on H-1/L-1 (Both are dual intent visa/status). You can also stay if you have a pending 485 but I believe that USCIS will only accept DV based 485 when the visa numbers are announced as current for your number, which might be a few months after your OPT expires.

You can check the archived year's visa bulletin on state department website (click on visa bulletin link on travel.state.gov)

I think during the last 2-3 years AF was current mostly in September, but it was never current in 2008 (not even in Sept - 64,300).

Because you have such a high number, AOS is not recommended option, but that is your call.

Good luck!

First of all Congratulations!

I think there are a few things you need to think about, since you hold an OPT that expires in Jan 2011 and in all likelihood you number may be current only towards the end of FY 2011 (Aug / Sep). Do you have an H-1 lined up for you at this stage? It is extremely important, since if you file DS230 with KCC you no longer qualify for F-1 in case you want to go back to the University after the end of your OPT. The reason being the F-1 requires a non-immigrant intent.

Basically you need a plan in order to stay in the US beyond Jan 2011 and the only way after you file DS-230 (declaring immigrant intent) is to stay on H-1/L-1 (Both are dual intent visa/status). You can also stay if you have a pending 485 but I believe that USCIS will only accept DV based 485 when the visa numbers are announced as current for your number, which might be a few months after your OPT expires.

You can check the archived year's visa bulletin on state department website (click on visa bulletin link on travel.state.gov)

I think during the last 2-3 years AF was current mostly in September, but it was never current in 2008 (not even in Sept - 64,300).

Because you have such a high number, AOS is not recommended option, but that is your call.

Good luck!

Thanks, NYbound.
I am speachless for now. I dont know what to do until the time when I gather all info.
I dont have any H1 lining up and was thinking to go back to school after Jan, 2011.
Anyway to answer the other person who asked me which state I am- IA

hi everyone, EU ppl (who live in USA) should already received their NLs by now or get nth for this year, am i right?, i know i hv asked the same question before, but someone hv mentioned they called KCC that all NLs hv already been sent out for all regions. please correct me if i am wrong.

at last the brown envelop has begin to land into Nigeria, I knew someone that got one yesterday. Hoping to hear more 4rm the house.