• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

Great suggestion ///M-Power—It's more than obvious that the whole system they use in this process is terribly outdated. It almost feels as if they're doing it this way on purpose to make us even more frustrated. First of all, I don't see why they couldn't run the drawing as soon as the application submission process has ended and the online results should be available immediately not in April. I'm so fed up with all this—I can't wait to put an end on this year (in terms of finding out if I've been selected or not) and I'll never even think about this ever again. Also, it's not guaranteed that we won't have a war in the U.S. or even a world war III at the end of this or in the next year, or some natural disaster or something—just look at the latest streak of earthquakes—first Haiti, then Venezuela, now Mexico—the next thing you know it may be San Francisco. When they're done with man-made earthquakes, they'll switch to war 'cause they already had an attempt of a global-scale epidemic.

It is incredibly frustrating, I agree and would love them to do the online check as of the 1st of April. Things certainly are looking bleak around the globe. As I was saying to Boer, my fellow South African, racial tensions are high here.

On Saturday the leader of the AWB (Boere) was murdered on his farm. We have been living well under democracy since 1994 and this is just the kind of thing that can break it down. The ruling party , the ANC, which is predominantly supported by black South Africans, has a Youth League president, Julius Malema, who has been singing "kill the Boer" at rallies. "Boer" is Afrikaans for farmer and basically represents the white Afrikaans community. This is clearly a form pf hate speech and he has been taken to court over it. Now that the leader of the Boers has been murdered, some people feel the need to take up arms.

Me and most people, I think, will avoid the whole issue and try and get on with our lives, but my concern is what racial violence might ensue because of it. I have 3 little girls to think of and I am worried! There is even a Facebook page set up by one of Malema's supporters that posts that white women and children should be raped and murdered!!! I know there is a lot of hype about it and I try to stay positive, but as I say, I think I'm entitled to be concerned.

Thanks for your kind words, Diafa, I hope to be a winner too! Everyone on this forum is so positive and supportive and you prove that no matter what culture or colour, we can work together as a team.

Please pray for my country.

LMSA I'm really sorry to hear what's going on in your country. Why can't people just realise the power of their words in inciting hate crimes? These same people could use their words to encourage peace and productivity in their country. I just hate to think that these hateful things are still taking place in 2010.

LMSA I'm really sorry to hear what's going on in your country. Why can't people just realise the power of their words in inciting hate crimes? These same people could use their words to encourage peace and productivity in their country. I just hate to think that these hateful things are still taking place in 2010.

Thank you, sonibago. It seems antiquated, I know. Such is life and you will always get people who speak before thinking. As the good Lord's Word says: "be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." Good will overcome. Easter Monday here today, so no mail. Will let you guys know if anything happens tomorrow. Keep on smiling:)

Great suggestion ///M-Power—It's more than obvious that the whole system they use in this process is terribly outdated. It almost feels as if they're doing it this way on purpose to make us even more frustrated.

That's America for you! They love their paper records! They still use paper checks and money orders. Even if you transfer money electronically, there is someone behind the scenes writing a paper check and sending it to the recipient bank. It's weird coming from Europe, where you can send money to anybody 100% electronically. Having lived in the States for a while, you try to understand these things. The reason I can think of why they still do it with paper checks is that the recipient signs the check before it gets deposited in his/her account. That way, he/she is responsible for that money ending up in his/her account. In Europe I could send a boatload of cash to somebody electronically without his/her consent. I can imagine that this might, in the wrong circumsance, look suspicious.
Anyways, US Immigration is the same. Everything has a papertrail, although they might also have most of the records digital.
That is also why things can go realy realy slow. Sometimes one service center those one part of an application, than another department needs to do something else and they need to request your file. Time gets lost transporting the file, sometimes items in the file get lost too.
A friend of mine went for his marriage green card interview at a service center and the service agent's office was stacked with case files. Case files on the floor, cabinets, etc. Then he was asking for paperwork that was already sent in and should have been present in the file. Good thing is, he brought a copy of everything he sent in. So he got his green card, but this is a good example of the US paper bureaucracy.

Hi Guys

I enjoying the wait. Anyone from Zimbabwe? I read some post about South Africa! Its sad, a great country going down like Zimbabwe. But even here in the US its not bed of roses, there are lots of poor people, unemployment, racism, violence, gun violence, crime and hate just like in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Russia and the Europe. People are the same everywhere. I hope people who win DV 2011 can show Americans that civil and educated people are also found in Africa, and share their experience...that diversity right? May the good people Win and the mean ones lose!!!!!
God Bless America!

Hi EVERYONE!!
STILL NOTHING IN US??? Well sounds like the shipment take a bit more than what i thought inside the US!!
Hope tomorrow we will have a lots of winners !!!!!
@Ridgex02ZW : I do think that there is bad and good people everywhere, but I dont think that everywhere is the same specially after having lived in EUROPE / MIDDLE EAST / ASIA and USA, and even inside the USA it is very different depending the place where u r living .....

KEEP THE FAITH AND SPIRIT UP!!!!!!
LETS See tomorrow!!
Cheerrrs!!
xoxo

I'm in US, still nothing in my mailbox. I really hope to see a miraculous happening soon for me and anyone on this thread. Yes keep faith because it can happen!

Hello Everyone!
CONGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS to the first lucky winner. It shows winners will start receiving their notification letters this month to be precise.

Diafa, i want to say thanks for the info about the lucky winner. I got d mail u sent to me and av added you to my facebook as requested. But let me add this to wat i discovered wen i saw your pics on facebook. I must confess to you Diafa, U ARE AN ANGEEEEEEEEEEEL. GOD, U are so BEAUTIFULL.

Guys, U av to check tihs lady DIAFA. Av neva seen a PREEEEEEETTY lady like this before and to crown it all, she's so humble, caring, loving etc. She's like a mother to everyone in the house. I cant believe wat i saw. If this is her pics, then guys we shuld start putting applications for her hand in marriage. LOL! And pls Diafa, do take this as the first guy to drop his proposal. U are a lovely lady 4 sure.LOL. Diafa, u must get your winning this month and i say AMEN to that. Best of luck guys.

Hello Everyone!
CONGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS to the first lucky winner. It shows winners will start receiving their notification letters this month to be precise.

Diafa, i want to say thanks for the info about the lucky winner. I got d mail u sent to me and av added you to my facebook as requested. But let me add this to wat i discovered wen i saw your pics on facebook. I must confess to you Diafa, U ARE AN ANGEEEEEEEEEEEL. GOD, U are so BEAUTIFULL.

Guys, U av to check tihs lady DIAFA. Av neva seen a PREEEEEEETTY lady like this before and to crown it all, she's so humble, caring, loving etc. She's like a mother to everyone in the house. I cant believe wat i saw. If this is her pics, then guys we shuld start putting applications for her hand in marriage. LOL! And pls Diafa, do take this as the first guy to drop his proposal. U are a lovely lady 4 sure.LOL. Diafa, u must get your winning this month and i say AMEN to that. Best of luck guys.

Hi Ovicity!!

GOOD TO SEE U BACK ON THE THREAD!!
Thank u !! But Trust me I m not that Beautiful !!!
My pics on facebook r from vacation in USA, or Dubai .....And vacation makes everyone happy, and if u r happy everyone looks good...
LOL Im absolutely not ready to get married or anything like that!!LOL I m toooo young for that !!! LOL

Hope to get this letter and everyone too!!!!

ANYWAY get back to the lottery question & Lets hope some of u WIll find the best surprise in their mailbox tomorrow morning!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
We know they started sending out the NLs April 1st.

Now we have to hope;

a) we win
b) our case # is low and we receive the NL soon.

It doesn't matter where you live. Living in the US will help to receive the NL in 2-4 days, however if they select you August 1st, you get the letter August 5th something.

I believe the first person in the US to receive the NL got it even before "FLAG". He doesn't necessarily need to be a writer here. Our "first winner" reference is among the people who write / started to write here on this forum. Unfortunately there will be many people who will trash/ignore the NL, or they take it to their lawyer etc. directly to start the process.

So again, they keep sending out the NLs. Let's hope our name gets selected and it happens very soon.

As of yesterday, it's calm in NJ, USA. I'm waiting for the mailman today (I happen to be at home, some religious holiday of my boss)

We know they started sending out the NLs April 1st.

Now we have to hope;

a) we win
b) our case # is low and we receive the NL soon.

It doesn't matter where you live. Living in the US will help to receive the NL in 2-4 days, however if they select you August 1st, you get the letter August 5th something.

I believe the first person in the US to receive the NL got it even before "FLAG". He doesn't necessarily need to be a writer here. Our "first winner" reference is among the people who write / started to write here on this forum. Unfortunately there will be many people who will trash/ignore the NL, or they take it to their lawyer etc. directly to start the process.

So again, they keep sending out the NLs. Let's hope our name gets selected and it happens very soon.

As of yesterday, it's calm in NJ, USA. I'm waiting for the mailman today (I happen to be at home, some religious holiday of my boss)

Hi !!!
YEAHHH WIN WIN WIN WIN !!! That is the major POINT!!! LOL
It s hard to do it before FLAG, he actually live in the Kentucky which is in the same state than the KCC...But U might be right...Who knows....
It s tough to be patient!!!
I really wish U ll bring us the good news this week.....!!!!
GOOD LUCK

Hi !!!
YEAHHH WIN WIN WIN WIN !!! That is the major POINT!!! LOL
It s hard to do it before FLAG, he actually live in the Kentucky which is in the same state than the KCC...But U might be right...Who knows....
It s tough to be patient!!!
I really wish U ll bring us the good news this week.....!!!!
GOOD LUCK

Diafa,
Thank you for your nice words. I got used to not-winning since 2004. So if I don't win, no biggie. Do I want to win? hell yeah!

I thought the possibility that someone else may have received it earlier than FLAG by looking at his case #. There are at least 2000 people with lower case #s, and I doubt KCC sends over 2000 NLs in one day.

Let's assume one of the first 25 NL's was sent to some other state in the US, and KCC sends lets say 250 NL's a day. That means;

250 letters per 1 business day = 8 business days to send 2000 letters. 8 business days make 10 days. If FLAG's case # is larger than 25XX, then it's 10 business days which makes 14 days.

So, a possible US winner with case # lower than 250, would receive his NL 2 weeks before FLAG received his.

Of course the number of the letters above are fictitious, I'm giving examples. No one knows how KCC works and how many NLs are sent a day.

There's also the fact that not all DV applicants / winners necessarily write here.

Well, no matter how, I hope we all get NLs this year. I just can't stand people who apply for nothing and they decided not to come to US upon winning the lottery. If you're not gonna use it, why apply?

Guys, my mailman just came 2 minutes ago, and heeeeeeeee brooouuughhhhhhhttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt:

Victoria's secret catalog.

Nice. One more scratch on the wall.