• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

Hi guys:

he replaied today and tell me that he was talking about 2010. so sorry for that myself was dreaming like you.

@USA: i'll send him the link for the forum if you want him to share his experince with you guys.

but anyway he is very happy. hope we get it like him this year he also recived his visa

sorry for the misunderstanding.

HI EVERYBODY!!
The days r coming sooooonnnn just 1 week and we might get one winner or more!! Hope u r weekend was GR8 !!
KEEP UR SPIRIT UP EVERYBODY !!!

@NOA11!!!
THANxss for ur honesty, We just still have to wait a little bit ....LOl
Keep it UP !!!!

Cheeerrrrrsss everyone!!
xoxo

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he meant that he wrote to ask whether his course work qualifies under the educational requirements of the lottery. In case he's a winner.

Thanks for decoding. I talk to you on the translator, therefore it is difficult to understand sense written-))) a little

Hi BEECH1814 !!!
GLAD U CAME to this post!!!!! We all share the same dreammmm !!!
About U r issue I dont think it s one as u said that its beyond "12years" and if it is the Education department who s telling u I think its a big deal...
For the Attorney U really dont need one, specially if u r a australian as u speak English ....
The form looks very simple I already filled them LOL (even I didnt win yet) and trust me nothing is complicated I attached them for u and everybody on this post .....
U can definitely send a email to the KCC they will reply very fast !!!!
Hope it will be helpful for u & everyone!!
WISHHHH UU BEST OF LUCK !

Thanks Diafa,
I'm really excited to have found this site. I have gone through so many DV sites and Im amazed I haven't found this one before. I being the optimist I am have done a 'test' run of those forms also today! USA! was also kind enough to give me a heads up last night at what the initial forms were.

Just wondering if I can ask another question?! - with regards to the medical - is that something that my regular GP can do - or is it handful of Dr.'s approved by US Immigration? .... and if that is the case - does KCC direct you to where these Dr.'s are located?

I checked the mail today --- nothing.... yet!

Thanks Diafa,
I'm really excited to have found this site. I have gone through so many DV sites and Im amazed I haven't found this one before. I being the optimist I am have done a 'test' run of those forms also today! USA! was also kind enough to give me a heads up last night at what the initial forms were.

Just wondering if I can ask another question?! - with regards to the medical - is that something that my regular GP can do - or is it handful of Dr.'s approved by US Immigration? .... and if that is the case - does KCC direct you to where these Dr.'s are located?

I checked the mail today --- nothing.... yet!

U WELCOME Beech1814!!
About The medical examination U absolutly have to do it with a certificate doctor from the USA Ambassy, I think once U win in the 2nd notification letter, they will send u a list of Doctors where u can go, but u cant use u general GP, it has to be one from the list ....Yes they will direct u, and I dont know about australia but for France they all r in PARIS to do the medical exam...I think they must be in those Big Cities...in france it s just the Capital ...
NOthing yet for me tooo LOL .....Still a week before those who lives in USa will receive 1st the NL ...
Fingers Cross!!

Beech1814,

Regarding medical examination, follow this link: Medical Examination and you'll find there (at the top of the page) that it may only be done by a specially appointed panel physician.

Further below you'll find a drop-down list "Select NVC Case Number", so scroll down until you find a city in Australia (I saw Sydney was listed) and then click on the "Panel Physician List" which will open a pdf file with specially appointed panel physician(s) in that particular city.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are truly amazing and so knowledgeable.... going thru the threads it seems that if you have a lower CN number the higher the chance?! if I am correct my number is 12? with a bunch of letters behind it.... does this sound promising?

What number are you talking about? C(ase)N(umber) is the number you get when you've been selected and I understood that you're still waiting for this year's drawing. If you're talking about the confirmation number you got when you applied for the dv-2011 that number has no significance when it comes to the probability of being selected—it's only for reference.

Beech1814, USA! is a 100% right ur confirmation number is just a number that the KCC gives to everybody to select the winners, so everyone who entry to the lottery between the 2nd October 2009 to the 30th November 2009 have a confirmation number.
With this number u can also check after the 1st July 2010, if u r a winner, on the this website : http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/
U just have a CN (Case NUMBER) when u r a winner ....And U will know the CN once u received the 1st NL not before....

No reason to feel embarrassed... We are here to ask questions and learn.

Exactly Boer, I'm glad if I can help clear anyone's doubts about certain aspects of this whole process, if not then you can also look elsewhere on this forum and I'm sure no question will remain unanswered or unsolved because ever since I've started visiting this forum there's always been more than enough people who could help with some good and accurate information and of course they've always been pleased to help.

If you've been looking for a good source of information regarding DV-Lottery, I can confidently say that you should look no further as this is the number one place on the internet that's for sure.

Ok, feeling very embarrassed now, heheh.....

U absolutely dont have to feel embarrassed, We dont know everything...If we know that s the least we can do !!!
I f u have more question go head! If i know I ll be more than glad to help u !!!!

I learned a lot to by asking questions on this forum & Im sure u r questions will help more than one!!!!
Do not hesitate!!!
Cheeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrsssssss

I thought number of applicants for DV-2011 will be less compared to DV of previous years due to recession etc. But http://www.articlesbase.com/news-an...n-the-entries-for-dv2011-program-1588028.html , it says there has been an increase of 63% for DV-2011.

Maybe the reason is that every year more and more people get access to computers and the Internet. 2009 applicants were about 9 millions, 2010 13,6 millions. Significant increase in my opinion. However, I do not see any reason why number of participants would decrease. After all this lottery is free of charge and many people apply every year after first try even probability to win is quite slim.

I thought number of applicants for DV-2011 will be less compared to DV of previous years due to recession etc. But http://www.articlesbase.com/news-an...n-the-entries-for-dv2011-program-1588028.html , it says there has been an increase of 63% for DV-2011.

HI sudipmuk!!!

What is really said is : "Over 900,000 applications were received in the very first week of registration, a 63% increase from last year’s entries in the same period. The DOS expects to receive nearly 13,000,000 entries for the DV-2011 Program."

So I think what they r saying is that it will be the same than last Year as last years it was 13.6 million and this year the DOS expects to received approximatively the same amount of entries...
It just said that the 1st WEEK of registration this year hav increased about 63% ....

Seems like people played more the 1st week this year....Thay did not want to wait ......

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSS FOR THIS INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus we don't know if this is an official information as no link to the source is provided there. I searched the state.gov website since I know they give media releases about DV Lottery too but couldn't find anything about the total number of applicants for the DV-2011.

I ll prefer to wait until the STate Government will give th infos...after the lottery...Coz who knows how many people will be disqualified (photo problem), And how many people on almost each of this 13 weeks will entry their application....The 1st week could be 90 000 but the next one could be less or more nobody knows...
Even if this info is right, it doesnt really says if it really increase....Inverse...At the end it says that the DOS exepct the 'nearly) same amount than last year.....SO...
Let s wait the OFFICIAL STATEment.....!!!

Look at the author of the article. Looks like one of those websites you pay to "apply for DV lottery".

Hi,

Today I could see a white envelope at my post when I got home. HOWEVER, its just another mail. First I thought that I won.....

Does anybody get NL???

I have to be patient more...

I wish I could get the envelope, and you guys too.