• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

mamamia, if you're in the US, PM me your address, I have a spare USB keyboard, I can send it to you at no charge...

@M-POWER
aww....so-nice-of-u-but-unfortunately-i-dont-live-in-the-US.I-would-have-gotten-it-free-and-forget-about-having-to-pay-49euros.for-a-new-apple-keyboard.
Anyways,Gracias-for-ur-concern.

Do-u-have-an-answer-to-my-question.

Congrats-to-all-d-winners-ani-i-pray-to-receive-mine-soon.

Pls,i,would,want-to-know-what-aos-which-is-adjustment-of-status-and-consular-processing-mean.whats-d-difference-and-which-is-better?

Thanks.

AOS means you live in the USA and you will as it says "adjust your status", and CP will be done if you live outside the USA.

M-Power, I kinda agree with your explanation but out of curiosity I have 2 questions...
1) are the case numbers consecutive according to region or on a whole? example..say the first 5 entries drawn were SA, EU, EU, AF, AF, . would it be SA1,EU1,EU2,AF1,AF2 or SA1, EU2,EU3,AF4,AF5?
2) when do you think the actual draw is done? at the end of the entry period or just when they are ready to send out notifications?

None of this changes the price of bread (lol) but it just go me thinking. Hope this isn't off topic.

Sonibago,
I think d way it is been done is exactly as u have postulated.that is,AFXXX1,EUXXX2,OCXXX3....in that order.these case number are assigned randomly...it doesn't really matter if ur notification was sent out in April or in July(u can draw a reference from the 2010 thrend,where someone got his notification in August & yet got a very low case number-AF17xx.

Hi Wanted,

By now, I will not only give a benefit of the doubt but will believe anybody that says he/she had received a NL for DV 2011. I won DV 2010 and as u can see from my signature my letter was dated 2nd April, 2009 and received in Nigeria on 22nd April, 2010.

This is an online forum so its not advisable to post your case number in full. Just d 1st two figures is o.k.

I am a Dv 2010 winner, my letter was printed 2nd April 2009 as indicated on the 1st NL, on the white envelope it was dispatched from Maimo, sweden on the 13 April with a CAPTION Priority A. I received it in Nigeria 27th of May 2009.

Those analysis from Purity, i doubt its authenticity. cos people with lower case numbers (2,500) were sent out the same day as mine.

Hence the analysis has no basis.

Mabrouk le "Finallymine" we "Flag" ,,, we 3obaly ana we nourz in shaa Allah

still nothing here in Egypt

M-Power, I kinda agree with your explanation but out of curiosity I have 2 questions...
1) are the case numbers consecutive according to region or on a whole? example..say the first 5 entries drawn were SA, EU, EU, AF, AF, . would it be SA1,EU1,EU2,AF1,AF2 or SA1, EU2,EU3,AF4,AF5?
2) when do you think the actual draw is done? at the end of the entry period or just when they are ready to send out notifications?

None of this changes the price of bread (lol) but it just go me thinking. Hope this isn't off topic.

Sonibago,
I think d way it is been done is exactly as u have postulated.that is,AFXXX1,EUXXX2,OCXXX3....in that order.these case number are assigned randomly...it doesn't really matter if ur notification was sent out in April or in July(u can draw a reference from the 2010 thrend,where someone got his notification in August & yet got a very low case number-AF17xx.

Assume that it is printed the way you say it, AFXXX1, EUXXX2, OCXXX3,. just assume that you are right.
and we know that each year there are about 100,000 DV Lottery winner (not exactly 100,000 but near that number).

so the last winner will come from some region... assume it is AS, that mean that last winner will have their case number as AS100,000 ???

THERE IS NO CASE NUMBER as large as that... I think the largest known case number is AF64,300 for DV 2009 winner.
check this link on the cut off number for August 2009:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4539.html
on September 2009 there might be some case number left but it show CURRENT...

now you want to take a look at other region case number,
check the visa bulletin for June 2009 and also July 2009.
June 2009 is the last month for other region beside AF where it show the case number.
after that all become current
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4497.html

You can see that on June 2009 the cutoff CASE number is
Africa 39,600
Asia 30,350
Europe 28,000
North America 15
OCeania 930
South America 1,100

and on July 2009 the cut off CASE number is
Africa 48,700
Asia Current
Europe Current
North America Current
OCeania Current
South America Current

so those PROOF that there are NO CASE NUmber higher than the African case number...

If the way they choose is according to your theory,
why only Africa had case number larger than 30,000

heck how come North America case number is only 15 ???

Yes NA00015 is the LARGEST case number for NA...

so this is undisputed proof that the case number is INDIVIDUAL for EACH REGION.

if we use your theory,
then NA region will NOT have 15 as their largest cut off number...
but they might be in between the AF region who have 50,000 as their case number !!!

also just add up those maximum cut off number per region before
they become current,
you will see that for DV 2009 the total is around 124,695 winner which is about right.
well

just to be exact according to this website:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_4317.html
on that website, you will see this paragraph...

Approximately 99,600 applicants have been registered and notified and may now make an application for an immigrant visa. Since it is likely that some of the first *50,000 persons registered will not pursue their cases to visa issuance, this larger figure should insure that all DV-2009 numbers will be used during fiscal year 2009 (October 1, 2008 until September 30, 2009).

Now this is a bit confusing since according to this website, there are only APPROX 99,600 winner of DV 2009,
but according to the TOTAL of the cut off number there are MORE than 99,600.
so there are some case number that might not be utilized and resulting in those cut off number getting higher...

I do NOT know the real answer to this disrepancy but KCC did say APPROX, so that could be the key.
so if you keep on checking past data, there will always some new info for you.

Regarding the DV winner who have very low case number but end up receiving his/her in August (very late),...
that simply can be blame on the Local Post Office mistake.

As we know, Ordinary Post Office is NOT as reliable as Fedex or DHL.
You can NOT track ordinary mail shipment.

Heck, there are some cases, where a mail got misplaced and only delivered DECADES later...

that is why KCC now have the Online Check Facility, so on July 1, you can check whether you are winner of DV Lottery or not.

If you are winner and you had not received your NL, you can e-mail KCC and ask them to resent it to you.
because KCC realize some mail office is NOT reliable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a Dv 2010 winner, my letter was printed 2nd April 2009 as indicated on the 1st NL, on the white envelope it was dispatched from Maimo, sweden on the 13 April with a CAPTION Priority A. I received it in Nigeria 27th of May 2009.

Those analysis from Purity, i doubt its authenticity. cos people with lower case numbers (2,500) were sent out the same day as mine.

Hence the analysis has no basis.

First of all,
I did POINTED OUT to this forum that for International Mailing Address, the letter will be sent/post stamp from European Country (that I forgot).
Now as Joequi clearly said above that country is SWEDEN, so I can safely assume that Joequi agree with me with the fact that for International Mailing Address, KCC used European Post Office (Subcontracted).
and this fact was first mention here in this thread by me several days ago. and that was one of THE BASIS for MY ANALYSIS,

Second,
Joequi case number is AF19XXX (19000 something).
and That is NOT that high of a case number, because AF region case number goes as high as over 64,300 on DV 2009 !
Your letter was printed on April 2'2009, and with DV2009, if I am not mistaken some NL had been printed even earlier around March' 2009.

but now you say, why people with lower AF case number (ie 2500) received their NL at the same time as yours ?

First explanation,
AF region had many countries,
and your country own post office could be FASTER than the other person from Africa with that lower case number.
so eventhough your NL (with higher case number) was sent later, it do arrive at the same time as the other African participant with the lower case number than yours.

Second explanation,
KCC ship to SWEDEN by BULK SHIPMENT.
That mean they had to combine several PRINTING BATCH before they ship it to Sweden.
So since your NL case number was 19,000 which can be consider medium low number,
your NL was bundled together with the other AF case number with 2,500 as his case,
before ship TOGETHER to SWEDEN in ONE Bulk Shipment.
That is why, from Sweden, both your letter arrive or SENT OUT at the same time,
eventhough your case number is higher than the 2,500.

Look you guys need to understand that this is large operation,
so everything need to be in order and sort correctly to minimize cost.

when you analyze everything, you should analyze it from COST point of view.

Hi Aid2001 & everyone!
Just called the KCC and Yes they told me the same...
They started to send the Nl for all regions (AS/SA/OC/EU/AF) in same time yesterday ....
So next week We might have some great news coming from the US......!!!!
Keep it up !!!! POSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wowww
i am from Egypt too and i won the dv-2011 but i was planning for cp , do u have a phone number i can reach you at ? i live in KY USA

Good day today! Congrats to the winners !! living in Orange County, California, nothing yet, I m from Ethiopia.
I'm following this thread since day one, Flag was a real winner, why purity said he was not ... Nobody is reporting nothing on purity thread why does the other thread is existing?
M-Power I got you, I do think also you are right... Your explanations are more plausible.

USherifA !

Welcome (back?) to this forum :)
I see you just register yesterday, and your first post above is very "comforting" :)

Regarding Flag,

well if you read the quote from DIAFA post above,
it show that just a few days ago, the last time Diafa called KCC,
KCC told DIAFA that the NL was START sent on April 15'2010.(for all region).
Yes, Diafa do called KCC at end of March and at that time KCC said they will start sending NL early april,
but since a few days ago, KCC CHANGE their info to Diafa,
saying now they start on April 15,
based on that, I think, I can safely believe that before April 15, KCC had NOT sent any NL,
and FLAG claim to win his DV Lottery around April 2 or April 3... way before April 15...

and don't you find it strange that 2 weeks had passed since Flag claim he won his DV, and yet NO other winner had post here ?

I am an OPEN MINDED person.
I can debate and disagree with someone, in this case Diafa in some matter,
but I could also agree with someone, again in this case Diafa if I think it make sense (to me at least).

So,
Although I DISAGREE with Diafa regarding the "all region" part,
I do believe DIAFA and KCC when they sait they START sending NL on April 15'2010.
Because it is about time and not too early base on past history.

so now I want to ask you.

Who do you BELIEVE,
if you believe Diafa that KCC start sending NL on April 15'2010, then FLAG claim is a FAKE.
But if you believe that FLAG claim is true,
then Diafa got the wrong info from KCC.

I personally believe DIAFA more than I believe FLAG.

How about you, USherifA !,

who do you believe more ? :)

ps: I see that FLAG was asking for a "phone number" :) hahaha
I would strongly recommend NOT giving your PHONE NUMBER to anybody you do NOT know on the internet, or to whom you just met on the internet.
if you need to communicate, you can start with this forum,
and if you want some privacy, you can use the PM (Private Message) Facility this forum provide for free.
if and only if you feel a direct phone call is appropriate, than you can give it to them...
but somehow, I just don't see the need to ask for a phone number...

hi spurgunda !
please scan the first page of your mail and clear the name, your address and ... with a software like photoshop.
for example u can see this:

Yo.img98.com/out.php/i17800_scan.jpg
Dear, How can I scan my selectee letter if it is in the United States. As my brother says , that my winning notification letter came not by regular mail. It came by FEDEX. He said that the white letter was inside. I do not think that he is joking.

Congratulations to the winners. Good to hear that people started receiving NLs.

Also, I don't see any point of scanning the documents and posting it on the internet. Even if they photoshop name/address etc. It is expected timeframe for the NLs and it won't change your destiny if the person is real or fake.

I have nothing in my mailbox as of last night. I'm in NJ, USA.

Well, Thank you, I just wrote how I know it works. I say A, he says B, I respect to his opinion.

///M-Power,

Thank You for Respecting My Opinion.
I also Respect Your Opinion (and everybody else),
of course it doesn't mean we should agree with each other opinion, but at least we respect each other opinion.

I also see that your ID name, "///M-Power" had something related to M3 or M6 or M5 or X5M or X6M :) (am I right ?)
so you had a good taste there.
and I also understand that you are legally working in USA under H1B visa after graduating from US University.
So I know that you are more open minded and know the law and culture of US people.

I also graduated from US University, but it was 14 years ago hahaha. yeah, I am too old for this... :)

Now we do had strong disagreement in the past few days,
but of course that do NOT mean we can NOT disagree in the future, right ?
I am sure that You (and me) are interested in getting the most correct information (with solid proof, fact and explanation in detail)
because it will help us with the future process just in case we won DV,
or at least we know how DV Lottery works.

On that spirit,
I know that it is everybody right if they refuse to SCAN their NL to proof they had won DV 2011.

but, every year I play with DV Lottery,
there are always someone who want to play with other people emotion.

They like to FAKE their winning claim and they try to convince people that they are the first one who received NL at that year.

This year is still the same.

People still claim they received their NL, but when people push them with more detailed question, they become defensive,
and in the end refuse to Proof it.

I know that this time frame is the normal time frame for people to start receiving their NL,
but unless they can give us solid proof,
their claim is NOT proven.

as you said, (and as I said before on my first post at this thread), it do not matter much if they fake it or not...

but as human, I can understand other people feeling who have high hopes of winning DV Lottery.
so I hate to see other people "PLAY AROUND" with other people emotion.

I am NOT trying to be a hero here,
but I do feel bad, if I saw someone is trying to trick/fool/play with someone else emotion,
and I just can NOT shut up and do nothing when I see that happening...
I sure you would do the same.

now, you then might ask me,
what is the benefit if someone do scan their NL and show it here ?
Well the benefit is not in financial reward,
but at least,
that person can be Acknowledge by every member and (guest reader/non member),
that he was the one who actually able to proof that he had received his NL.
and that person who is willing to scan his NL,
can be proud that he had just make some other human feel happy,
knowing for sure, the NL had been sent.

I am sure in the past you had helped stranger, and you feel satisfy because
you had been able to help other in need.
That feeling alone is rewarding enough (at least for me) to go the extra effort and scan the NL,
if I do ever won DV lottery.

Dear, How can I scan my selectee letter if it is in the United States. As my brother says , that my winning notification letter came not by regular mail. It came by FEDEX. He said that the white letter was inside. I do not think that he is joking.

In what state your brother?

you are fake !!!

Kcc do not ship nl by fedex !!!

the cost of shipping inside usa by fedex is way too expensive !!!

heck if kcc want to save every penny by subcontracting the international mailing address to european post office,
they would certainly not used fedex for local us address, because us mail can sent it at much much much much much cheaper price,
and it would not only take 3 or 4 working days maximum for us mail to sent the mail.

kcc only use us mail !!! Call kcc and ask them yourself, or check other winner post.

You can return your application after you fill it up to kcc with fedex or dhl, but that is because you pay it yourself !

another clue is,
the printed date (but you claim as the time the letter was sent) was april 12'2010.
You report winning the letter yesterday on april 20'2010...
If kcc did use fedex (which is not), your letter would arrive much sooner,
because fedex should be able to ship your mail in just 1 or 2 working day for sure.
That is why you use fedex because it is faster.

when you just start create your id and post your first post here,
i do some check on the meaning of your id, spur gunda,
and you can see that either it mean a female scandinavian warrior,
or it mean "to promote war" :)

great way to choose your id :)

i already have doubt about your claim but i do not want to create too much fuss about it,
because i know some people here will never want to hear the truth and only want to hear some fantasy !

so now you guys could clearly see that some people are playing with other people emotion !!!

i received my papers for aos by fedex from kcc this year!!!

USherifA !

Welcome (back?) to this forum :)
I see you just register yesterday, and your first post above is very "comforting" :)

Regarding Flag,

well if you read the quote from DIAFA post above,
it show that just a few days ago, the last time Diafa called KCC,
KCC told DIAFA that the NL was START sent on April 15'2010.(for all region).
Yes, Diafa do called KCC at end of March and at that time KCC said they will start sending NL early april,
but since a few days ago, KCC CHANGE their info to Diafa,
saying now they start on April 15,
based on that, I think, I can safely believe that before April 15, KCC had NOT sent any NL,
and FLAG claim to win his DV Lottery around April 2 or April 3... way before April 15...

and don't you find it strange that 2 weeks had passed since Flag claim he won his DV, and yet NO other winner had post here ?

I am an OPEN MINDED person.
I can debate and disagree with someone, in this case Diafa in some matter,
but I could also agree with someone, again in this case Diafa if I think it make sense (to me at least).

So,
Although I DISAGREE with Diafa regarding the "all region" part,
I do believe DIAFA and KCC when they sait they START sending NL on April 15'2010.
Because it is about time and not too early base on past history.

so now I want to ask you.

Who do you BELIEVE,
if you believe Diafa that KCC start sending NL on April 15'2010, then FLAG claim is a FAKE.
But if you believe that FLAG claim is true,
then Diafa got the wrong info from KCC.

I personally believe DIAFA more than I believe FLAG.

How about you, USherifA !,

who do you believe more ? :)

ps: I see that FLAG was asking for a "phone number" :) hahaha
I would strongly recommend NOT giving your PHONE NUMBER to anybody you do NOT know on the internet, or to whom you just met on the internet.
if you need to communicate, you can start with this forum,
and if you want some privacy, you can use the PM (Private Message) Facility this forum provide for free.
if and only if you feel a direct phone call is appropriate, than you can give it to them...
but somehow, I just don't see the need to ask for a phone number...

Thank you for the explanation. I'm just looking for some informations and thought winners have to report on the other thread so I was looking on the other thread for winners and stopped to read this one until I saw so much posts and got back to read this one.
I dont think people will says : I win and they have not and come back on the thread. But I agree on what you said previously, fake people are everywhere (specially on internet).
I'm waiting to win this year I'm playing since 2000, so 10years now, I'm living in California since 2005 with a H1B but my employer won't make me the Green Card so I would have to move from the US next year...:(

i received my papers for aos by fedex from kcc this year!!!

That is DIFFERENT !

You PAY for AOS application !!!

DV Lottery participant do NOT pay to play DV Lottery. It is FREE to enter your DV Lottery data and FREE to get your NL later (if you win).

DV Lottery participant only pay if they WIN and decide to pursue their case by using AOS or CP (Embassy interview).

so those FEDEX cost are paid by you already and included in your FEE that you had pay !

a FEDEX document inside USA could cost at least $10 to $20 per document.
while US Mail will cost maybe $2 or $3 ???

KCC will rather use that extra money for other purpose.

and your paper that you received back from AOS is a very important LEGAL document.

NL is NOT as important as yours because it is only notification.
if it went missing or late, you can always check on KCC website by July 1.

but of your AOS document went missing, I am sure it will create trouble for you and KCC too... right ?