• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

DV LOTTERY Experience

Case number 2011AS00039xxx

Both of us applied the Lottery in 2009 but did not receive 1NL.
Check on July 1st 2010 and my wife won (we were not married yet) and i did not.
Submitted the form DS 122 and DS 230 to KCC

Exchanged emails with KCC but still did not know any case number.

I actually did not even know how this Lottery works and had given up hope thinking that it was a scam and also because we were not sure how to even proceed. This was until March 2011 when I wanted to study in US but was put on hold again as I was not able to work and stay there at the same time with any type of visa.

I found this forum upon searching and I spent night and days reading on the procedures and actually though I still have a chance in this lottery :)
I ask my wife to email KCC and ask about her case number and current date.
Finally she got the case number but realise it was too high at 39K+.

I initially planned that I will study and she will meet me there after she gets her greencard and we will get married thereafter but until I came across some threads with experience of married couples saying that I will not be able to get the greencard until 5 years later.
I have been with her for 4 years and we have spoke about marrying since the early days of our relationship. As such, we decided to get married in April this year. After our marriage ceremony. we emailed KCC my ds230 form and marriage cert. They replied and say that will be in for processing.

From the month April to June I was always worried about the visa bulletin. Praying to god hoping I will be current in July and hope not in September which I was afraid it will be too late. Then come June 9th , when I came across a middle east forum and some 1 posted the current for Asia is 39750 and my number was very close to that ending number. I called KCC to confirm and they did.
I ask my wife to called them the next few day and check when will our interview be schedule and they told me to call back on the 19th but by 15th I already call them and they told me my interview date was Aug 10 and my Interview Letter has been mailed out.
I waited for the letter and it arrive on July 1st. The letter came and I was worried as it did not have my name in it. We went for the medical but they did not allow me to do it as my name was not on the letter. My wife did her medical on July 4th. She called the embassy after that and the embassy finally instructed the clinic to let me do my medical. We did our police cert, finance statement, marriage photos and of the ceremony itself, as well as past emails, travel histories, msn logs and letters in preparation for the interview.

We then email the US embassy in Singapore to check if they have receive my DS 230 but they requested that I submit the original so we both went down to the embassy.
On the day of interview, we went about 1.5 hrs ahead at 8am and there was already a queue outside the embassy. We queued for an hour before entering the embassy. We then took a queue number and it was our turn immediately. My wife was asked first to check her documents then me. After finishing, the CO, which was a nice guy, asked us to pay at the cashier and come back at 130pm. This time we reached early and were first in the queue and was called straight after taking the queue number. A young female CO called us to the counter. I was so nervous that I had to stand away from the counter so that I wont be seeing the CO directly.

First question she asked was: I have seen that you have recently married.
Why do you intend to get married and where did you meet. Ans
Do you have any photographs. I brought almost 5kg of photo which was so heavy. Showed her the pictures.
Then she said she forgot and made us swear and take the oath.
She asked us what we intend to do in USA since there is a finance crisis now. Ans
We updated our address on the original form.
I was so happy that I was not asked any question. She then told my wife to come back and collect our visas in 5 days time. She forgot to take our thumbprint and the guy at the counter which collected our documents called up my wife after we have already left the embassy to return to take our thumbprint.

We went back today to collect our visa and it took less than 1min.

Feel free to ask me any questions since I got most of the help from this forum and would like to write back in return for the help given.

Our dream has finally come true after 10 years. I am 24 this year my wife is 23. This is the 1st time she applied for the lottery.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our God is good ALL the time.

Please update your signature so that people can follow up with you.

Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello...! I'm done with my medical exams So my exams went as follow: i think its a bit different here in philippines than anywhere esle for they don't give u the results but the us embassy pick it up from the clinic the whole process took me 2days the first day they got my payment hahahahaha, height & weight, vital signs"was normal", visual inspection, physical exam, blood test, chest x-ray, and immuniztion interview and i was asked to come the following day and if the results was all clear i can go on with my vaccine shots so i came the following day"yesterday" had my vaccines and my shoulders are sore til this moment :-D lol and when i was at the check-out counter i asked the lady if my results were clear she told me that they are not allowed to give any informations and that i will find out about the results on the interview date at the embassy so she only handed me my sealed x-ray screenings cd and asked me not open and that it will be opened only in the USA so i was not worried about the results for they wouldn't have allowed me to have my vaccines if there were any abnormal findings :) this is all about my medicals ... TODAY i finished processing my national bureau of investigation clearance so im almost 100% ready for the interview now and this is what i'm worried about MY INTERVIEW cuz i happened to have a friend whose from sudan too and had his interview here in Manila_Philippines since july, 1st and he has not had his passport back til this very moment and when he called the embassy they told him that his case is under administrative review :'( and according to my friend that the embassy here does not have the slightest experience about dv lottery program for philippines is an ineligible country for the dv program the officer even told my friend that its rare to have a dv case here and very rare to have an applicant from sudan in their embassy here and yeah from which he has told me they don't know "for the lack of a better word" shit:) about dv lottery so that makes me very anxious especially i won't be having that much time its only 30days and either visa or NO VISA :'( so guys plz pray for me i literally need every single prayer ... Thank YOu and sorry about the curse i used :)

Congratulations all things are possible with God.
You are in my prayers.

DV LOTTERY Experience

I actually did not even know how this Lottery works and had given up hope thinking that it was a scam and also because we were not sure how to even proceed. This was until March 2011 when I wanted to study in US but was put on hold again as I was not able to work and stay there at the same time with any type of visa.

I found this forum upon searching and I spent night and days reading on the procedures and actually though I still have a chance in this lottery :)

I initially planned that I will study and she will meet me there after she gets her greencard and we will get married thereafter but until I came across some threads with experience of married couples saying that I will not be able to get the greencard until 5 years later.
I have been with her for 4 years and we have spoke about marrying since the early days of our relationship. As such, we decided to get married in April this year. After our marriage ceremony. we emailed KCC my ds230 form and marriage cert. They replied and say that will be in for processing.

From the month April to June I was always worried about the visa bulletin. Praying to god hoping I will be current in July and hope not in September which I was afraid it will be too late. Then come June 9th , when I came across a middle east forum and some 1 posted the current for Asia is 39750 and my number was very close to that ending number. I called KCC to confirm and they did.
I ask my wife to called them the next few day and check when will our interview be schedule and they told me to call back on the 19th but by 15th I already call them and they told me my interview date was Aug 10 and my Interview Letter has been mailed out.
I waited for the letter and it arrive on July 1st. The letter came and I was worried as it did not have my name in it. We went for the medical but they did not allow me to do it as my name was not on the letter. My wife did her medical on July 4th. She called the embassy after that and the embassy finally instructed the clinic to let me do my medical. We did our police cert, finance statement, marriage photos and of the ceremony itself, as well as past emails, travel histories, msn logs and letters in preparation for the interview.

We then email the US embassy in Singapore to check if they have receive my DS 230 but they requested that I submit the original so we both went down to the embassy.
On the day of interview, we went about 1.5 hrs ahead at 8am and there was already a queue outside the embassy. We queued for an hour before entering the embassy. We then took a queue number and it was our turn immediately. My wife was asked first to check her documents then me. After finishing, the CO, which was a nice guy, asked us to pay at the cashier and come back at 130pm. This time we reached early and were first in the queue and was called straight after taking the queue number. A young female CO called us to the counter. I was so nervous that I had to stand away from the counter so that I wont be seeing the CO directly.

Do you have any photographs. I brought almost 5kg of photo which was so heavy. Showed her the pictures.
She asked us what we intend to do in USA since there is a finance crisis now. Ans
I was so happy that I was not asked any question. She then told my wife to come back and collect our visas in 5 days time. She forgot to take our thumbprint and the guy at the counter which collected our documents called up my wife after we have already left the embassy to return to take our thumbprint.

Feel free to ask me any questions since I got most of the help from this forum and would like to write back in return for the help given.

Our dream has finally come true after 10 years. I am 24 this year my wife is 23. This is the 1st time she applied for the lottery.

Hi!phuture
Great news. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Good luck in USA.

My case number is 2011AS00019XXX(Sri Lanka)
1NL received in july 2010(Through Email)
Forms sent to kcc by dhl on 16th of august-2010
DHL confirmed delivery on 18th august-2010
KCC confirmed receipht of forms by 25th of august 2010 through email message.
Police Clearance - Received on 31st October 2010 from us embassy of sri lanka.
I was told by KCC on 17th November 2010 that, my aplication is completed pocessing and waiting for the allocation of visa interview.
Interview date- 10th May 2011 at Colombo(SL) American Embassy.(10/03/2011 received an email from KCC)
2NL - Received on 31/03/2011.
Medical - Completed on 06/05/2011
Visa Interview - Successful(10/05/2011)
Visa pick-up - Collected on 12/05/2011
POE - NEW YORK- New York City.

DV LOTTERY Experience

To God be the glory and congrats bro, the Lord prepares your way in all you do. all the best.

Hello...! I'm done with my medical exams So my exams went as follow: i think its a bit different here in philippines than anywhere esle for they don't give u the results but the us embassy pick it up from the clinic the whole process took me 2days the first day they got my payment hahahahaha, height & weight, vital signs"was normal", visual inspection, physical exam, blood test, chest x-ray, and immuniztion interview and i was asked to come the following day and if the results was all clear i can go on with my vaccine shots so i came the following day"yesterday" had my vaccines and my shoulders are sore til this moment :-D lol and when i was at the check-out counter i asked the lady if my results were clear she told me that they are not allowed to give any informations and that i will find out about the results on the interview date at the embassy so she only handed me my sealed x-ray screenings cd and asked me not open and that it will be opened only in the USA so i was not worried about the results for they wouldn't have allowed me to have my vaccines if there were any abnormal findings :) this is all about my medicals ... TODAY i finished processing my national bureau of investigation clearance so im almost 100% ready for the interview now and this is what i'm worried about MY INTERVIEW cuz i happened to have a friend whose from sudan too and had his interview here in Manila_Philippines since july, 1st and he has not had his passport back til this very moment and when he called the embassy they told him that his case is under administrative review :'( and according to my friend that the embassy here does not have the slightest experience about dv lottery program for philippines is an ineligible country for the dv program the officer even told my friend that its rare to have a dv case here and very rare to have an applicant from sudan in their embassy here and yeah from which he has told me they don't know "for the lack of a better word" shit:) about dv lottery so that makes me very anxious especially i won't be having that much time its only 30days and either visa or NO VISA :'( so guys plz pray for me i literally need every single prayer ... Thank YOu and sorry about the curse i used :)

Congrats Yaso on the successful medicals, but not to worry for it is God who called you to be a winner in the first place and He will definitely see you true, our prayer are always with you guys. all the best as you wait for the Day of interview.

Thank you for all the reactions guys i really appreciate all of them, i have another question for the i-134 form after my applicant filled it up do they have it to be checked by any authority in the US or they just have to send it to me directly after filling it up ???

Thank you for all the reactions guys i really appreciate all of them, i have another question for the i-134 form after my applicant filled it up do they have it to be checked by any authority in the US or they just have to send it to me directly after filling it up ???

Bro, what i know is that your sponsor will have to directly send it to you, then you will eventually take to the CO, you will only have to give it up when the Co asks of it. all the best and the Lord be with.

Just a question for anyone who has interviewed recently - how many of you have been asked about your occupation in reference to the financial state of the US, and how did you answer?
ta

Just a question for anyone who has interviewed recently - how many of you have been asked about your occupation in reference to the financial state of the US, and how did you answer?
ta

yes they did ask my wife this question even she has a degree. you have to answer it.

yeah I have a double degree, just was wondering if they may be asking specific ocupational areas or just in general!?

DV LOTTERY Experience

I would like to ask u that how did u make financial statement ??and what does it means MSN logs and letters in preparation for interview ????

my interview date is 9/ 11 on the day of ground zero....day...khwee khweee...:(

U can skip the msn log, i mean bring pictures if u are married.

printed out a bank statement with amount more then needed.

thanks buddy... anyway I still have a problem that I can't do .but I still on my best until end..the problem I m facing now is police clearance certificate..that I have to bring my passport to police station but unfortunately my passport is under processing of Emirates Identity card and without this card they will not issue me those clearance certificate. If embassy give me a chance to bring it before September 30 ..I 'll b lucky ones..if not ....?????
I m recently living in U.A.E where sometime doing informal working procedures .........and difficult to negotiate as well ...shittttt

thanks buddy... anyway I still have a problem that I can't do .but I still on my best until end..the problem I m facing now is police clearance certificate..that I have to bring my passport to police station but unfortunately my passport is under processing of Emirates Identity card and without this card they will not issue me those clearance certificate. If embassy give me a chance to bring it before September 30 ..I 'll b lucky ones..if not ....?????
I m recently living in U.A.E where sometime doing informal working procedures .........and difficult to negotiate as well ...shittttt

Happy Sunday to all forumites and wishing ALL success IJN,AMEN!

Hello guys... I have an inquiry should i present the original i-134, 1040 and W-2 or the scanned ones and sent thru email can do??? cuz my sponsor sent them to me thru email ...

Hello guys i had my interview and i cant tell if its successful or not but the CO is a bad mother****er he is the same guy who interviewed my friend and he'd put under administrative review but i doubt that he would give me a visa he ****ing disappointed me that i don't even feel like putting my experience ...