• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

OCTOBER BULLETIN WITH NOVEMBER CUT OFF

For November, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 12,000 Except: Egypt 9,300
Ethiopia 11,000
Nigeria 10,000
ASIA 10,750
EUROPE 12,500
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA 650
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 675

Hi everyone!
I was selected for the DV-2011. I have a really good case number EU10XX and am from France. My case will be current in October 2010. However I still haven't received my NL2 to schedule an interview at the Embassy in Paris. Should I be worried? I sent my application late July 2010 and got confirmation it was received a couple of days later (I sent it while I was in the US). Has anyone else received they NL2???
Thank you

Hi everyone!
I was selected for the DV-2011. I have a really good case number EU10XX and am from France. My case will be current in October 2010. However I still haven't received my NL2 to schedule an interview at the Embassy in Paris. Should I be worried? I sent my application late July 2010 and got confirmation it was received a couple of days later (I sent it while I was in the US). Has anyone else received they NL2???
Thank you

Hi, Im from France as well and I sent my forms the 7th of july, my case number is also current in october, but since I sent the forms so late, Im mostly to get my interview in november,
I sent an email to KCC on Wednesday and they reply back to me last friday saying that they did received my forms, but they arent being processed yet... I will try again in 2 weeks.
Are you going to do CP in Paris? If so take my email sista_maii@hotmail.com
I know someone else from France who is current in october and he already got his 2nd NL because he sent back his forms early (in may I think)
Anyway, lets keep in touch,

When I called KCC the agent I spoke with told me that it takes an average 8 to 12 weeks to process an application (returned forms upon receiving NL1).
So yes it makes sense to not receive the NL2 even with a low CN, if forms were not returned immediately.

Frenchie28,

I'm French with Algerian descent living in Montreal... (in short a globe trotter)...
I have one question? Which city you intend to live once in US (and if possible on what criteria you chose it)?

Frenchie28,

I'm French with Algerian descent living in Montreal... (in short a globe trotter)...
I have one question? Which city you intend to live once in US (and if possible on what criteria you chose it)?

Hey!! Im a globe trotter as well! eh eh
Grew up in France - been in Montreal for 10 years - in Atlanta, GA for 1 year - and finally been in London, UK for 1 year!!!

cool! glad to see there are other Frenchies out there :) I am also a globe-trotter myself and after living in London, moved to Los Angeles where I've lived for the past 2 years. Unfortunately my visa expired in July so I had to move back to Paris... So if I get the green card, I'll definitely want to move back there (great city!) My bf is also still living there....

I will do the CP in Paris. Wow 8-12 weeks. Stupid me, I should've sent my application in earlier, I guess I'll have to wait until November :/ Guys, keep me posted on your status, and let me know if you receive your NL2! I'll do the same...

Hi every body and good luck (sorry my english is not very good)
Iam from Sudan and Iam winner of 2011 DV my case number is 2001af 74*** is too high. It was send by Kcc on April/21 and I sent back to them May 25 and two days ago I sent them Email and here is their reply:

Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of October below 9,000. If your case number is current and has completed processing, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.What that mean? Is that mean I will get my second letter soon and my interview will be in October? And if is not like that how they schedule the cases for the interview, is it depending on case number or priority date when they receive the form.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Iam from Sudan and Iam winner of 2011 DV my case number is 2001af 74*** is too high. It was send by Kcc on April/21 and I sent back to them May 25 and two days ago I sent them Email and here is their reply:

Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of October below 9,000. If your case number is current and has completed processing, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.What that mean? Is that mean I will get my second letter soon and my interview will be in October? And if is not like that how they schedule the cases for the interview, is it depending on case number or priority date when they receive the form.
Thanks in advance

I private messaged you ...

Thanks in advance

No u are not current 4 october, ur case number is really high and i think u'll be aving ur interview late next year, only those whose case no. Falls below 9,000 are current 4 october, 12,000 down to 9000 wil be current in november, it keeps goin up evry month, keep checkin d bulletin evry month.

Thanks KENNYEAST for your reply and I appreciate that a lot
I called them the agent I spoke with him told me my case is completed processing , do you think they will leave my case pending until late next year I think it doent make sense like that I red some post hear from people with low case number and they didn’t get anything because they sent their forms late

I called them the agent I spoke with him told me my case is completed processing , do you think they will leave my case pending until late next year I think it doent make sense like that I red some post hear from people with low case number and they didn’t get anything because they sent their forms late

gud to knw dat they are done processin u case, ur case is goin to be pendin until ur case no. Is current, just keep praying.

HI, everyone! Dv 2012 will soon start. Next year Entry Status Check will be the ONLY means by which selectees will be notified of their selection for DV-2012. The KCC will no longer send selectee notifications or letters by regular postal mail. Please, keep your confirmation page!

Last edited by a moderator:

They will leave your case pending until your case number will be current.
See : http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5092.html
If you base prediction on what happened with DV2010... you're more likely to be current Sep2011 or at best August 2011.

A successfully registered entry will result in a confirmation screen containing your name and a unique confirmation number. You should print this confirmation screen for your records using the print function of your web browser and ensure that you retain your confirmation number. Starting May 1, 2011, you will be able to check the status of your DV-2012 entry by returning to www.dvlottery.state.gov Entry Status Check and entering your unique confirmation number and personal information.
Paper entries will not be accepted.
Entry Status Check will be the sole means of informing you of your selection for DV-2012, providing instructions to you on how to proceed with your application, and notifying you of your appointment for your immigrant visa interview, so it is essential you retain your confirmation number.