• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 winners from SRILANKA Report here

Hi! Nalin
HAPPY BIRTHDAY(7TH July).
Wishing you good luck & happiness in the year ahead.
Also wishing good luck to you and family at the visa interview, days are getting closer. God will give all the blessings to your family.

Thanks Lasantha actually it's on 09th July
This is a very very special month for me

Hello dear friends .. Thanks alot for blessing me

But i have 50 % /5-% good/sad news

My father also dv winner. so he got interview succesful with my family included my mother, Brother and sister However my visa was rejected

Because they said. My age is reached 21 now/ Therefore my age is now 21 years 8 months but my father applied for the dv when my age was 20 years 16 days

As US law ... I was eligible for apply to DV with my father. So Why did tehy reject my visa?

As US law DV-2011 instructions Q14 says ...
14. NUMBER OF CHILDREN – Entries MUST include the name, date, and place of birth of your spouse and all natural children, as well as all legally adopted children and stepchildren who are unmarried and under the age of 21 on the date of your electronic entry (do not include children who are already U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents), even if you are no longer legally married to the child’s parent, and even if the spouse or child does not currently reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you. Note that married children and children 21 years or older are not eligible for the DV; however, U.S. law protects children from ―aging out in certain circumstances. If your electronic DV entry is made before your unmarried child turns 21, and the child turns 21 before visa issuance, he/she may be protected from aging out by the Child Status Protection Act and be treated as though he/she were under 21 for visa-processing purposes

Please read underlined part...

Can my father appeal against the KCC or US embassy of Srilanka with DV case ?

Case No : 2011AS00033XXX (CITIZEN OF SRILANKA)
Enter the lottery : 2009 Oct
1st NL Received : 30/05/2010
Forms back to KCC : 04/07/2010
KCC received : 28/07/2010
2nd NL Received : 10/06/2011
Police clearance : done . (13/06/2011)
Medical : done (06/07/2011)
Interview Date : 7th July 2011 at US embassy,colombo
Interview successful: successful (My family get approval for the visa but embassy has rejected my visa)
Visa pickup : 12/07/2011
POE : Newark,NJ on next month
GC Received : waiting
SSN Received : waiting

We are sorry about you Kuhananth, this is like a hit wicket in Cricket, lost in a unexpected moment.

I saw some where that appeals are valid for DV visa categories BUT fiscal year (30th Sep) is the restriction

As US law DV-2011 instructions Q14 says ...
14. NUMBER OF CHILDREN – Entries MUST include the name, date, and place of birth of your spouse and all natural children, as well as all legally adopted children and stepchildren who are unmarried and under the age of 21 on the date of your electronic entry (do not include children who are already U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents), even if you are no longer legally married to the child’s parent, and even if the spouse or child does not currently reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you. Note that married children and children 21 years or older are not eligible for the DV; however, U.S. law protects children from ―aging out in certain circumstances. If your electronic DV entry is made before your unmarried child turns 21, and the child turns 21 before visa issuance, he/she may be protected from aging out by the Child Status Protection Act and be treated as though he/she were under 21 for visa-processing purposes

Please read underlined part...

Can my father appeal against the KCC or US embassy of Srilanka with DV case ?

Wished you saw my BEWARE ! thread that I bumped several times this FY about this 21 Yr old 'law'.
As I said in there the underlined part in your message is not as simple as it sound.

Did you see it and do the calculation? If not do it now and see for yourself.

Did the 2nd NL to your Dad contain your name? (2nd NL from KCC has a page with derivatives names clearly mentioned)

If 2nd NL did not have your name, then for sure you are aged out.

If it did mention your name, then it is possible CO may have done a mistake!
So....read my post, do the calculation closely and see for yourself.

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...th-is-NOT-that-simple!!&p=2208198#post2208198

Best!

Wished you saw my BEWARE ! thread that I bumped several times this FY about this 21 Yr old 'law'.
As I said in there the underlined part in your message is not as simple as it sound.

Did the 2nd NL to your Dad contain your name? (2nd NL from KCC has a page with derivatives names clearly mentioned)

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...th-is-NOT-that-simple!!&p=2208198#post2208198

Best!

I understand however KCC replied to my father on 04th October 2010.

" Your forms are acceptable for continuation of visa processing. It' means Our visa ok . If we will current.

and KCC did not infrom about my visa problem until they sent 2nd NL

This is KCC's fault. If they informed . Not a problem.

KCC's last reply

Thank you for your inquiry.

If you have a child who has turned 21 since the time of your original
entry, you must discuss this matter with the consular officer at the
time of your interview to determine his or her eligibility.

So please suggest ....

Best!

" Your forms are acceptable for continuation of visa processing. It' means Our visa ok . If we will current.

and KCC did not infrom about my visa problem until they sent 2nd NL

This is KCC's fault. If they informed . Not a problem.

KCC's last reply

Thank you for your inquiry.

If you have a child who has turned 21 since the time of your original
entry, you must discuss this matter with the consular officer at the
time of your interview to determine his or her eligibility.

So please suggest ....

" Your forms are acceptable for continuation of visa processing. It' means Our visa ok . If we will current..............

Well....too many ppl in this DV process thinks that KCC is the 'king' !!, but they are just 'clerks' doing admin stuff whereas COs/IOs are the mngrs who INTERPRET US IMM. LAW and issue visas ONLY AFTER CHARGING ppl a fortune as FEES!!

That's the simple truth.

Last yr, when the SL family lost visa to child by a mere 10 days difference per that calculation, the CO has advised that their hands are tied 'cos they are bound by US law and DoS/USCIS admin memos.

Best!

Well....too many ppl in this DV process thinks that KCC is the 'king' !!, but they are just 'clerks' doing admin stuff whereas COs/IOs are the mngrs who INTERPRET US IMM. LAW and issue visas ONLY AFTER CHARGING ppl a fortune as FEES!!

That's the simple truth.

Last yr, when the SL family lost visa to child by a mere 10 days difference per that calculation, the CO has advised that their hands are tied 'cos they are bound by US law and DoS/USCIS admin memos.

Best!

Thanks Nuvf.

It's means .Why did KCC accepted my visa forms for continuation of visa processing?.. If they was accepted means Also my age was accepted. Now not... So this is KCC's fault. Am i correct?.. Can my father appeal against KCC?

Thanks Nuvf.

It's means .Why did KCC accepted my visa forms for continuation of visa processing?.. If they was accepted means Also my age was accepted. Now not... So this is KCC's fault. Am i correct?.. Can my father appeal against KCC?

I assume that you have done the calculation by yourself carefully and may have found that the CO is correct in following the rule.

Like I said before, IMO, your 'assumptions' regarding the role of KCC is far removed from the reality.

You may know that now your chances of getting a non-imm visa to US is bit on the hard side.
But, if you secure an I-20 for an F1, they 'may' be considerate to issue you one, it is just a guess, but worth a try.
Go prepared with some property+banks a/c s in your own name to show the 'strong connections to home' clause in that visa.

F2B based GC will take time, and you will have to remain single if you take that route.

Read elsewhere for those info and make an 'informed' decision.

Best!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! Friends. Our friend Nalin & family are facing the visa interview on 21st july-2011. We all wish you all the best and confidence will remain throughout the process. God will grant you & family all the blessings and come to the forum with your successful interview experience.

My case number is 2011AS00019XXX(Sri Lanka)
1NL received in july 2010(Through Email)
Forms sent to kcc by dhl on 16th of august-2010
DHL confirmed delivery on 18th august-2010
KCC confirmed receipht of forms by 25th of august 2010 through email message.
Police Clearance - Received on 31st October 2010 from us embassy of sri lanka.
I was told by KCC on 17th November 2010 that, my aplication is completed pocessing and waiting for the allocation of visa interview.
Interview date- 10th May 2011 at Colombo(SL) American Embassy.(10/03/2011 received an email from KCC)
2NL - Received on 31/03/2011.
Medical - Completed on 06/05/2011
Visa Interview - Successful(10/05/2011)
Visa pick-up - Collected on 12/05/2011
POE - NEW YORK- New York City.

dv-2011 winners from Srilanka

Hi Nalin...

Tomorrow will a good day for you and your family 21/07/2011

Best of Luck

Kuhananth

Dear Friends, My Visa Interview is SUCCESSFUL

I take this moment to thank all you guys who helped me to achieve this great moment.

So interview experience is as Lasantha mentioned earlier. Even if I took pile of certificates they returned them all with photocopies. only sponsor letter, police reports, medicals and B/C M/C were among accepted. Further no quection was asked by CO other than asking to sign the papers. It was so simple. Finally got a letter that 'likely to issue visa and collect passports next week'

I take this moment to thank all you guys who helped me to achieve this great moment.

So interview experience is as Lasantha mentioned earlier. Even if I took pile of certificates they returned them all with photocopies. only sponsor letter, police reports, medicals and B/C M/C were among accepted. Further no quection was asked by CO other than asking to sign the papers. It was so simple. Finally got a letter that 'likely to issue visa and collect passports next week'

Hi! Nalin
Its another good news from sri lanka. CONGRATS! CONGRATS!
Wishing you and your family all success and happy journey to USA.

I was told by KCC on 17th November 2010 that, my aplication is completed pocessing and waiting for the allocation of visa interview.
Interview date- 10th May 2011 at Colombo(SL) American Embassy.(10/03/2011 received an email from KCC)

Hi Nalin
Great News//// & more

One of our friend (Ruchira) is going to interview next month. He's got pass for maths at the second attempt.
His quection is whether he can submit his first OL certificate (Maths - F with other subjects) and second certificate (Only Maths - S) for the interview.

What do you think guys, will he be in trouble.

From last June (2010) until today I came almost everyday to this forum.
Even if I joined first, Kuhananth came late and opened this thread for Sri lankans and went a long way.
Then Lasantha came as a one of few who is really helpful to everybody.
Ofcourse I can not forget the expert comments of Nuvf whose advices were so informative.

Thanks again for you all.

From last June (2010) until today I came almost everyday to this forum.
Even if I joined first, Kuhananth came late and opened this thread for Sri lankans and went a long way.
Then Lasantha came as a one of few who is really helpful to everybody.
Ofcourse I can not forget the expert comments of Nuvf whose advices were so informative.

Thanks again for you all.

Hi! Nalin
Thanks! for your wonderful comments. Its true this forum has been so helpful for all of us. It helped some of them with their queries and doubts and most important fact is we became friends through this forum.
See, though sri lanka had 515 winners in 2011 dv lottery, we found only few members registered. Hence, we are not sure about others, what was their situations with their dv lottery process.
truely, this forum will go long way to help future winners of us dv lottery program.

From last June (2010) until today........

Congratulations Nalin, and good luck for the future!!

btw, mine were not any 'expert' stuff!! Just re-cycling the info out there so ppl can make some 'sense' out of it!

For your O/L Q.........

I bet the reqmt is 'one and the same sitting'. But ask him to dbl chk with the emb.

He got no A/L qualif.? if he does, I think he will be safe with combined OL and AL, but better dbl chk.
He may take a chance and go thru the job route if qualified, but he need to prepare 'thoroughly' b4 the intvw to do so. In-fact he may go prepared for both options.

Best!

One of our friend (Ruchira) is going to interview next month. He's got pass for maths at the second attempt.
His quection is whether he can submit his first OL certificate (Maths - F with other subjects) and second certificate (Only Maths - S) for the interview.

What do you think guys, will he be in trouble.

Math is most important to DV winners and Any sitting that's not a problem. But must pass the math . 2nd or 3rd...

Ex 01: 2000 year 6 subjects passed without MATH ( DISQUALIFIED) 1st attempt
2001 year 4 subjects passed with MATH (NOW QUALIFIED) 2nd attempt

Ex 02: 2000 year 5 subjects passed with MATH (DISQUALIFIED) 1st attempt
2001 year 2 subjects passed without MATH (passed ..... 1st attempt fail subjects) (NOW QUALIFIED) 2nd attempt

hi can anyone of you tell me about the sponsor letter. Will the embassy accept the sponsor letter without the signature or not.