• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 winners from SRILANKA Report here

I feel sorry about me..... Guys but dv entry eligible list saying 6 pass of gce ol inc 1st lang & maths or 2 years vocational training & 5 years work experience.....

Hi! Sanjayadine
Don't worry. Do not miss your chance. Go to the visa interview and face it. I am sure you will be successful. Keep faith in god, he will make you successfull. So, July 5th 2011 will be your life change day- Make it happen.
Face the visa interview with all educational certificates and experience certificates you have got. CO will decide at that moment,you could inform her/him regarding all your educational levels and work experience,if CO needs verifications.

God made you a winner in dv lottery out of 13 millions plus qualified applicants, so the visa is yours.
God bless you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! Friends
WIshing all the best and good luck to friends who are facing visa interviews in month of july. God will make the miracles on your visa interview day.
Keep faith and confidence, visa is yours.

Sanjayadine - 5th July 2011

Kuhananth- 7th July 2011

Nalin - 21st July 2011

My case number is 2011AS00019XXX(Sri Lanka)
1NL received in july 2010(Through Email)
Forms sent to kcc by dhl on 16th of august-2010
DHL confirmed delivery on 18th august-2010
KCC confirmed receipht of forms by 25th of august 2010 through email message.
Police Clearance - Received on 31st October 2010 from us embassy of sri lanka.
I was told by KCC on 17th November 2010 that, my aplication is completed pocessing and waiting for the allocation of visa interview.
Interview date- 10th May 2011 at Colombo(SL) American Embassy.(10/03/2011 received an email from KCC)
2NL - Received on 31/03/2011.
Medical - Completed on 06/05/2011
Visa Interview - Successful(10/05/2011)
Visa pick-up - Collected on 12/05/2011
POE - NEW YORK- New York City.

Hi! Friends
WIshing all the best and good luck to friends who are facing visa interviews in month of july. God will make the miracles on your visa interview day.
Keep faith and confidence, visa is yours.

Sanjayadine - 5th July 2011

Kuhananth- 7th July 2011

Nalin - 21st July 2011

Thanks Lasantha

Absolutely correct Lasantha

Those countries have their own system which is created to make people's life easy. How ever new comers encounter a great difficulty until they enter in to this particular system.

Credit history, credit card, driving licence, insuarance (medical/car), finding a house etc are really a headache for new comers.

So we may think "what a hell is this" at the beginning but later on the same person thinks "how nice it is for our life style".

Thanks Lasantha.... ! god will see us....

I think you never got back w/answers to some Q s I posed earlier, did you do the O-Net assessment etc. to see your DV job qualification?
I agree with others you can get to the CO and let him/her decide.
If you have no proper idea or know how to do the assessment yourself, then the best thing to do is go for the intvw. only for yourself first, family later...that is of course IF you want to not waste fees.

I wish you Good Luck, and May God/Triple Gem Bless you All!

To! All Friends.

*************HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY*********************

My case number is 2011AS00019XXX(Sri Lanka)
1NL received in july 2010(Through Email)
Forms sent to kcc by dhl on 16th of august-2010
DHL confirmed delivery on 18th august-2010
KCC confirmed receipht of forms by 25th of august 2010 through email message.
Police Clearance - Received on 31st October 2010 from us embassy of sri lanka.
I was told by KCC on 17th November 2010 that, my aplication is completed pocessing and waiting for the allocation of visa interview.
Interview date- 10th May 2011 at Colombo(SL) American Embassy.(10/03/2011 received an email from KCC)
2NL - Received on 31/03/2011.
Medical - Completed on 06/05/2011
Visa Interview - Successful(10/05/2011)
Visa pick-up - Collected on 12/05/2011
POE - NEW YORK- New York City.

They have refused my visa....
they asked me for a Degree for Graphic Designer

Sad to hear that, but just consider it an 'expirience' and move on....wish you good luck for the future!!

btw, can you pl elaborate bit more on your intvw exp? it will help us advise others in the future who may be in similar situation.

Did you ask for an assessment of your qualifications before intvw (b4 paying the fees)? did you have to pay for the whole family.
What was CO s explanation for (in general) for job only DV applicants.

hope you will take sometime to write here for to help future applicants.

Best!

It's in fact sad moment to hear that Sri Lankan is refused visa.

I hope you will come up with some more details of your visa experience later.

If you have written correctly, I wonder how CO asks for a degree which has not gained by you. (I mean can we get a degree at once?)

Our friend Kuhananth and his family are going to interview tomorrow.

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST KUHANANTH !

............ I wonder how CO asks for a degree which has not gained by you. (I mean can we get a degree at once?)

I blv the CO may be referring to the official 'requirements'.
DV reqmt is that you have a job classified in the O-net with an SVP 7 or higher.
And if you look closely, for most such jobs you need a degree!!
So, DV with no high school but job only is just a dead beat...mostly!

But I think in some countries (like in US) you can still get job specific degrees/diplomas later on, even if you do not have high school in the past.
However, those have to be of high standards to meet the SVP 7 level.

I told them to check my eligibility before pay, but they told me u have to pay for yr self & to check my your eligibility.
because I don't have O/L Maths... I paid for myself. they took my finger prints. then they told me write my duties in my present job. I'm a graphic designer. 7 years exp. & wrote my all the duties. then Co asked me to come & asked me how much you getting salary, and what software you use, & did u bring some samples of your work... god I don't know why is that? then finally they asked me to sign on my application & told me, If your working in United States you must have 4 year Bat. Degree or some other Degree. I'm refusing your visa. I don't know I have mentions all document I don't have degree. they know that. That is my green card story. write what u feel brothers....

I told them to check my eligibility before pay, but they told me u have to pay for yr self & to check my your eligibility.
because I don't have O/L Maths... I paid for myself. they took my finger prints. then they told me write my duties in my present job. I'm a graphic designer. 7 years exp. & wrote my all the duties. then Co asked me to come & asked me how much you getting salary, and what software you use, & did u bring some samples of your work... god I don't know why is that? then finally they asked me to sign on my application & told me, If your working in United States you must have 4 year Bat. Degree or some other Degree. I'm refusing your visa. I don't know I have mentions all document I don't have degree. they know that. That is my green card story. write what u feel brothers....

Hi! sanjayadine
I feel so sad about you and its a pathetic situation. It is the first such experience heard from sri lanka.
Do not worry brother you faced the interview and reality.
CO must have rated you with graphic designing experience, since you do not have O/L minimum requirements.
Certain jobs need a degree level qualification as per us education level. so,graphic designing may be required a degree to enter that trade.

O/L six subjects inclusive of maths & first language(SL) proves that high education is completed, as per us education level. As high education is the minimum education level of the us dv lottery.

what ever brother don't disappoint, go on with your life and find other way to be successful next time.
When one door is closed and another will open.

Good luck.
God bless you.

Hi sanjay..

Best luck your interview,,

Srilanka embassy ask math pass is necessary.. However . The consular officer will accept your qualification at the interview time . So ..Please summit your leavinbg certificate with your all educational and working experience certificates at the interview time... ..The consular will decide your eligibility at your interview time...

Hi friend,
I'm from Bangladesh.
To day is July 07,2011. I wish today is for only for you:). Advance Congratulation! for your Interview. Best of luck, & publish your interview Details.

Tks....Lasantha... I will send my wife Next time.... shes qualified 200% than me....
I'm remembering our parents how get bother for us... but I'm not.... My sister dies before 1 year ago... I have Lost more than 150,000 for this. everything coming for humans. But I had hope, that I'll go... all friends pulled me to this DV case, I have to remembering them in this forum. One of my friend Asitha (UK) he send me 250,000 for Visa. and other 50,000 Nuwan (He pawn his bracelet), hes the main key of this DV Case, Other my wifes side 50,000. who had helped me.... I'm not worry they are ever with me.... all the best for everyone....

Hi my friend Sanjaya,

Don't worry about this situation.Everything is not an USA migration.several months ago I struggled to get visa & came to USA.But here is totally different than what we thought earlier.Here not as past days.Now this country is staying in total worst condition.Think positively.If I didn't get this chance I will be staying in a good position.After coming here I lost everything.I lost my job,money etc.I know I can not get sallary which I got from earlier job.So don't worry my friend.you r totally success without getting this.we have plenty of things in sri lanka other than USA.I will stay another couple of month & will move again 2 srilanka.Tc

Tks....Lasantha... I will send my wife Next time.... shes qualified 200% than me....
I'm remembering our parents how get bother for us... but I'm not.... My sister dies before 1 year ago... I have Lost more than 150,000 for this. everything coming for humans. But I had hope, that I'll go... all friends pulled me to this DV case, I have to remembering them in this forum. One of my friend Asitha (UK) he send me 250,000 for Visa. and other 50,000 Nuwan (He pawn his bracelet), hes the main key of this DV Case, Other my wifes side 50,000. who had helped me.... I'm not worry they are ever with me.... all the best for everyone....

Hi! Nalin
HAPPY BIRTHDAY(7TH July).
Wishing you good luck & happiness in the year ahead.
Also wishing good luck to you and family at the visa interview, days are getting closer. God will give all the blessings to your family.

dv-2011 winners from Srilanka

Hello dear friends .. Thanks alot for blessing me

But i have 50 % /5-% good/sad news

My father also dv winner. so he got interview succesful with my family included my mother, Brother and sister However my visa was rejected

Because they said. My age is reached 21 now/ Therefore my age is now 21 years 8 months but my father applied for the dv when my age was 20 years 16 days

As US law ... I was eligible for apply to DV with my father. So Why did tehy reject my visa?

As US law DV-2011 instructions Q14 says ...
14. NUMBER OF CHILDREN – Entries MUST include the name, date, and place of birth of your spouse and all natural children, as well as all legally adopted children and stepchildren who are unmarried and under the age of 21 on the date of your electronic entry (do not include children who are already U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents), even if you are no longer legally married to the child’s parent, and even if the spouse or child does not currently reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you. Note that married children and children 21 years or older are not eligible for the DV; however, U.S. law protects children from ―aging out in certain circumstances. If your electronic DV entry is made before your unmarried child turns 21, and the child turns 21 before visa issuance, he/she may be protected from aging out by the Child Status Protection Act and be treated as though he/she were under 21 for visa-processing purposes

Please read underlined part...

Can my father appeal against the KCC or US embassy of Srilanka with DV case ?

Case No : 2011AS00033XXX (CITIZEN OF SRILANKA)
Enter the lottery : 2009 Oct
1st NL Received : 30/05/2010
Forms back to KCC : 04/07/2010
KCC received : 28/07/2010
2nd NL Received : 10/06/2011
Police clearance : done . (13/06/2011)
Medical : done (06/07/2011)
Interview Date : 7th July 2011 at US embassy,colombo
Interview successful: successful (My family get approval for the visa but embassy has rejected my visa)
Visa pickup : 12/07/2011
POE : Newark,NJ on next month
GC Received : waiting
SSN Received : waiting