• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 winners from SRILANKA Report here

very sorry about your situation Dulanga. but don't give up. you have enough time to find a sponsor.
Meantime give us detailed information of your interview.
They haven't mentioned I134 in the requirements list. What mistake made them ask you I134?

Dulanga sorry to hear about the delay in your visa. Hope you can find a sponsor ASAP and get the visa.

Did the visa officer ask you any other specific documents others should be aware of?

I have two questions:

1) Does anyone know if a Form I-134 - Affidavit of Support can be filled by a non-US Citizen holding work visa? Looks like non-US Citizen can fill out Form I-134 as well.

2) Where can the sponsor submit Form I-134? Does this need to be sent to the Consular, KKC or can the sponsor send the completed form directly to you?

Sand,
I 134 form is filled by a US citizen or a legal permanent resident of the US. Someone with only a work visa can't give u this affidavit of support. The I 134 form will be sent to u directly and u will take that to ur interview. Good luck.

i went to embassy today , they clearly said only fellow check list.... they don't expect I 134 form

I think Dulanga clearly stated above they asked for a completed I-134 form with a sponsor and they have changed the rule after 2009.

I think its better that everyone provides a completed I-134 form from a sponsor.

I also think they accept the form I 134 from lawfully admitted nonimmigrant. Nonimmigrant visa holder has to provide his/her Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record # on the form and there is a space on the form to provide that information. According to my understanding it does not have to be completed by a US citizen or a legal permanent resident of the US.

But I don't know how to confirm this.

Dear friends, I have received a response for the email I sent to the US Embassy last night and which may be usefull for you too.
Answers are in blue.

01. Do we need a letter from sponsor OR we need dully filled I134 form? You need a sponsor letter from anybody who lives in the U.S. legally. It does not need to be a LPR or citizen

02. If we think it is better to have I134 form also with me in the interview, can my friend (work visa) give me I134 form?

OR should it be a LPR or US citizen? Yes. he can be your sponsor, but there is no need to provide I-134 unless we request you to do so.

03. Can I bring valuation reports for my assets in Sri Lanka which are supposed to be sold out if we are welcomed to USA ?OR your esteem embassy accepts only savings I have in my bank accounts? There is no need to provide any additional documents. Once you receive the appointment letter from NVC, you can come to the embassy to pick up a check list regarding documents for your interview.

04. How much money / assets we are supposed to have in our possession to be successful in the time of interview? The interview has nothing to do with your assets .

So Dulanga's case I think there was some thing wrong beyond his control. Let's wait his comments

HI FRIEND
MY CASE HAS BEEN PENDING FROM 6OCT WITH ADMINSTRATIVE PROCESSING 221(g) ,DID ANYBODY HAS IDEIA HOW LONG IT TAKES TO FINAL >?

Nalin, thanks for the information. That is very helpful.

Sapana, length of time for administrative processing varies from case to case and Consular office. You might want to contact the embassy directly for more information.

What are the circumstances the 1-134 form is required?? (I-134 is not for DV applicants unless required by the visa officer.)

Should I bring all documents what I mentioned in ((DSP-122, DS-230 PART i, &II)?? or DV Check list Documents
Is enough to go through the interview?? (read the check list and bring all required document. If you have submitted before, then you do not need to provide another copy.)

What are the documents I should submit regarding on my Work experience? Is Employer Letter is enough or should
We submit the EPF Slips...Etc?? (Please read the DVcheck list. If you do not have one, you should come to the embassy with your appointment lette

My problem is I had an interview in Gulf region.So they are asking I134 form.I think I did some mistake.My chargiability from srilanka.Interview had in gulf.But they are following different procedure.I think it is not fair.I plan to negotiate with them regarding this matter.They are saying after 2009 Us embassy-Srilanka also asking I134 form.They want us not to be public charge.I got upset....

Dulnga.......I think letter from your sponser it is enough for them ...or you can show them your bank statement of account .......that doucoment are sufficient in Riyadh......good luck

My problem is I had an interview in Gulf region.So they are asking I134 form.I think I did some mistake.My chargiability from srilanka.Interview had in gulf.But they are following different procedure.I think it is not fair.I plan to negotiate with them regarding this matter.They are saying after 2009 Us embassy-Srilanka also asking I134 form.They want us not to be public charge.I got upset....

For a moment I tht CMB post has changed their requirements !!

Had you mentioned (or searched for info) of your exact location earlier, somebody MAY have had a chance to warn you.
I think you know enough from other country threads that its is NOT as same as CMB in other places.
Obviously they do not have to follow CMB way for a SL person if he/she appear for intvw. in another place.

Anyways, it is a good eye opener for ppl who wants to do intvw at other places that it is much BETTER to head home to CMB and do it !
Even ppl in US doing AoS ....if your CN is high just make it home and do it.

Good luck to you Dulanga, I am sure you'll find a way out !!

Best!

Hi! I am Lasantha.(Sri Lankan) I am a us dvlottery winner of 2011 lottery fiscal year.
My case number is 2011AS00019XXX
1NL received in july 2010
Forms sent to kcc by dhl on 16th of august-2010
DHL confirmed delivery on 18th august-2010
KCC confirmed receipht of forms by 25th of august 2010 through email message.
waiting for the 2.NL
I was told by KCC on 17th November 2010 that, my aplication is completed pocessing and waiting for the allocation of visa interview.

Hi! All sri lankan winners. Good luck for all of us to make our dream in america. Always keep faith in god, its god's wish and he made us winners out of 13+millions applicants world wide.
Keep in touch in this forum and update your status.

Last edited by a moderator:
Americans are great peoples they don't expect HIV test but.. we want a V.D.R.L test and a X-Ray
Total fees Rs 6000 per a person

we don't need to apply for the police clearance . they will apply for you...
us embassy will call you and ask your ID Card number ....:)

Did anyone apply for the police clerence,and can you brief the proces..
ruban37
Hi! you go to us embassy in sri lanka website. you will find police clearance option,it will give you full details how to apply. Send all your details requested by us embassy website on police clearance to their email address- ConsularColombo@state.gov
It will take about 06.weeks embassy will notify you when its ready by email(attached a oopy of police clearance letter),original letter will be posted to the address given in your infomation.
Letter is issued by the us embassy of sri lanka,saying that sri lanka authorities have confirmed the clearance of bearer.

My case number is 2011AS00019XXX
Police Clearance - Received on 31st October 2010 from us embassy of sri lanka.
I was told by KCC on 17th November 2010 that, my aplication is completed pocessing and waiting for the allocation of visa interview.
2NL - waiting.

ruban37
Hi! you go to us embassy in sri lanka website. you will find police clearance option,it will give you full details how to apply. Send all your details requested by us embassy website on police clearance to their email address- ConsularColombo@state.gov
It will take about 06.weeks embassy will notify you when its ready by email(attached a oopy of police clearance letter),original letter will be posted to the address given in your infomation.
Letter is issued by the us embassy of sri lanka,saying that sri lanka authorities have confirmed the clearance of bearer.

Chk this for more info
http://srilanka.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/police-clearances.html

This 'early police' report application is ok for ppl currently outside of SL.
Generally ppl in SL doing CP in CMB need to first confirm with embassy whether the report is valid with them for 1 yr or only for 6 mos.
If 6 mo s and your CN is high then do not ask for it early.
People with high CNs in SL should confirm this with them, and later do not wait till they call but email and ask to get the report.

SL ppl in US doing AoS also should do this and get the report since it is free of charge. AoS DO NOT need this report but will become handy if you want to change from AoS to CP for some reason later towards end of FY.

Best !

Hi! Sand2010
I think you are expecting your interview in jan or feb2011 as per the forum posting. what is your CN? Also where are u at present in which country?
You are expecting interview in present country and give me these information.
Since, i am living at present in dubai(UAE) expecting the interview at abu dhabi us embassy.

Case number - 2011AS00019XXX
2NL - waiting.

Hi! All
I am presently living in dubai(UAE),hence i will be having my visa interview in abu dhabi us embassy. I wrote to abu dhabi us embassy requesting the list of documents for the visa interview. i received the list of documents through my email as an attachment on 24/11/2010
Documents sri lankan embassy and abu dhabi embassy expecting are almost same only one document is different. Sri lankan embassy says sponsor letter from a us citizen is enough(I-134 form-affidavit support if visa officer request only) but abu dhabi embassy needs I-134 duly completed from a us citizen.

Case number - 2011AS00019XXX
2NL - waiting.

Guys,

My Visa is current in Jan 2011. And I sent my docs in Sept. Do you know how long it takes for them to process applications? I called them last week and the person said to call back in 8 weeks for an interview date. Anyone else current in Jan/Feb period?