• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 winners from SRILANKA Report here

Hi all,

I'm a DV lottery winner from SL. My case no is 18XXXX
Need a clarification which was in my mind since I received the 1 NL.

Me or my wife doesn't have the Original birth certificates (What gave from the Hospital as soon as we were born). I think that was lost during school time. But we do have SO CALLED original birth certificates; (Which has the SEAL of the relevant official) what anyone can obtain by paying a nominal fee to the government officials. We took those around 1998. I know this is treated as THE ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE in anywhere by Sri Lankan government.

But will that be treated as a original for this or is it only the one that hospital is giving?
Any idea?

Senuk.

Entry on to the Lottery - 25/11/2009
NL1 received on - 19/05/2010
Application posted back to KCC - on 01/06/2010
Delivered to KCC on 04/06/2010

DV-2011 winners from Srilanka

Hi all,

I'm a DV lottery winner from SL. My case no is 18XXXX
Need a clarification which was in my mind since I received the 1 NL.

Me or my wife doesn't have the Original birth certificates (What gave from the Hospital as soon as we were born). I think that was lost during school time. But we do have SO CALLED original birth certificates; (Which has the SEAL of the relevant official) what anyone can obtain by paying a nominal fee to the government officials. We took those around 1998. I know this is treated as THE ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE in anywhere by Sri Lankan government.

But will that be treated as a original for this or is it only the one that hospital is giving?
Any idea?

Senuk.

Entry on to the Lottery - 25/11/2009
NL1 received on - 19/05/2010
Application posted back to KCC - on 01/06/2010
Delivered to KCC on 04/06/2010

HI Please contact me via kuhananth@gmail.com

i will solve your problem

Only accepted original birth certificates
and Not accepted certifyed by the Birth register. Anyway you can get hand writing birth certificate (Yello colour page) from Register office. This is accepted by the US embassy

kuhananth

and Not accepted certifyed by the Birth register. Anyway you can get hand writing birth certificate (Yello colour page) from Register office. This is accepted by the US embassy

kuhananth

Hi Kuhananth,

Thanks for your input. Could you please tell me how / where I can get those hand written birth certificates (Yello colour page) in Sri Lanka?
Send you a mail as well.

Thanks and best regards,
Senuk

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

In terms on Original Birth Certificate, What you said is the ENGLISH Birth certificate that we can obtain from Registrar General office at Battaramulla? I heard that also treated as Original birth certificate in SL.

Please let me know what you meant by getting a new hand written birth certificate (Yello colour page) from Register office

Senuk

So, How many people are here now from SL.

kuhananth - 33XXX
Srikaran - 160XX
Nalin
Thanushan - 31xx
Ruban
Senuk - 18XXX

DV-2011 winners from Srilanka

Hi,

In terms on Original Birth Certificate, What you said is the ENGLISH Birth certificate that we can obtain from Registrar General office at Battaramulla? I heard that also treated as Original birth certificate in SL.

Please let me know what you meant by getting a new hand written birth certificate (Yello colour page) from Register office

Senuk

The US embassy is accepted Birth Register signed Birth certificates only. Forigin certificates not accepted...

All Register office has a blank (New) birth certificates (Yellow page)

according to Rewrite your born Details on that sheet and will be given to you

Hi Senuk

After You will be got Original Birth certificate by your Mother tonge

Please translate your birth certificate to English by Registed Translater

Kuhananth

your case number is 3100?? this is very low case i ever heard in this forum..best wishes for u...ur CN definitely become current in october 2010

i dont understand ur formula...my argument is thay can issues maximum only 7% ....its doesnt mean they should issue
7% of total selectees of srilanka.....am i correct??

your case number is 3100?? this is very low case i ever heard in this forum..best wishes for u...ur CN definitely become current in october 2010

reason is we r the people only registered in this forum ......others also visiting in this forum but they r only the guest..so we should do somthink to bring those people here so we can come in to the conclusion

Dear Kuhananth

ASIA 14999 visa available 7310 and 7% for per country 511 visas
TOTAL : 14999 TOTAL : 5221 Balance visas : 1789 ( can't use this visas)

Above calculation is not so accurate. Because when calculating the 7%, which means out of total visa (i.e. 50000)

So 7% is not 511 but 3500

source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diversity_Immigrant_Visa (Distribution and lottery process)

Dear Kuhananth

ASIA 14999 visa available 7310 and 7% for per country 511 visas
TOTAL : 14999 TOTAL : 5221 Balance visas : 1789 ( can't use this visas)

Above calculation is not so accurate. Because when calculating the 7%, which means out of total visa (i.e. 50000)

So 7% is not 511 but 3500

source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diversity_Immigrant_Visa (Distribution and lottery process)

SO why The GC programme allocated 7310 visas to asia?

hi guys nce 2 meet u all!!!
2011AS21xxx
Entry on to the Lottery - 31/11/2009
NL1 received on - 24/05/2010
Application posted back to KCC - on 07/06/2010

@Nalin,

Yes, kuhanath's explanation/idea about the DV stats are WRONG !!

Its a different ball game and we basically do not have to worry about it, let DoS handle it.
Bottom line is ...NO ONE COUNTRY IN ANY REGION WILL BE ALLOCATED MORE THAN 3,850 DVs (its the total, ie. Principal+family) [3850=7% of 55,000]
and why Asia only 14k odd winners ....when you take out population of India, China and Pakistan, Asia is VERY SMALL ! (this is well explained in the DoS DV winner allocation formula)

Theoretically all SL winners should be able to get it. and 511=Principal+family...its the total. (In 09, there were 795 original winners, prin+family, and almost 590 got the visas. Not sure how many were rejected and why. At least 2 were said to be rejected 'cos they claimed DV eligibility from work experience but did not have O/L passes for math and 1st language)

Follow CMB US embassy rules and instructions, which are very straight fwd and all will be fine.
DO NOT try make up any new 'original looking' documents, it will come back to haunt you, take my word !

kuhananth

Phew!!....why ppl contact you personally? you want to make a fast buck out of them?
IF NOT, (and I like to blv you are not) pl share your ideas/concerns/experience here and keep the spirit of this forum up !
Then ppl can pitch in, especially if you're on the wrong track (like your idea about DV stats)

For others....I repeat again CMB DV process is v straight fwd and you DO NOT have to pay anyone to do it for you!

As for documents, PL DO NOT RISK YOUR CHANCES by trying to make new original looking documents. It MAY look fraud in their eyes.

If you do not have originals, walk into the embassy (I blv Tue/Thu after 1 pm?) and tell them your situation, they will advise you about the ALTERNATIVES, but will also say that the final decision is with the visa officer later at your intvw and that is a FACT you cannot argue about.

BEFORE THAT , try find out yourself what is LOST. For an eg. go to your last school and get your school leaving cert, AND your original birth cert with them. Most keep those in good care for years and years. Do not just give up saying oh it is waste of time.

I have more useful info in this thread http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?278195-Successful-CP-in-Colombo-Sri-Lanka

Good Luck!

Theruwan Saranai !!/ May God Bless you!!