• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 winners from SRILANKA Report here

hy guys!!
do we hav to show bank balance as a lottery winner???
(i gonna study in usa so speclly do i need to show tht???)

hi ruban..

You don't need to show any funds regarding on what will you going to do in America once you got the green card.....but visa officer definitely concern your sponsor and your present bank balance to see how will you manage your expenses until you find a job in America

Last edited by a moderator:
dv-2011 winners from Srilanka

hi ruban..

You don't need to show any funds regarding on what will you going to do in America once you got the green card.....but visa officer definitely concern your sponsor and your present bank balance to see how will you manage your expenses until you find a job in America

That's correct sri

hi ruban..

so should i show bank balance?

Dear friends, This is what you get if you pass the Interview and obtain the GREEN CARD

* Ability to enter/ leave the USA without the risk of being denied entry by an immigration officials
* Right to apply for government sponsored financial aid for education
* You pay less tution fees for university
* Permitted to work in any company in the USA territory.
* No need for employer sponsorship
* Permitted to start your own business
* You get social security benefit when you retired
* Your family members will retain the green card evenif you pass away or loose your job
* Almost all leagal rights except for the right to vote
* Eligibility to apply for USA citizenship status later
* Easy and less interest rates for mortgage for home purchase
* Important for getting health or life insurance
* You can legally own property, vehicles and firearms etc.
* Many more.........

Dear friends, This is what you get if you pass the Interview and obtain the GREEN CARD

* Ability to enter/ leave the USA without the risk of being denied entry by an immigration officials
* Right to apply for government sponsored financial aid for education
* You pay less tution fees for university
* Permitted to work in any company in the USA territory.
* No need for employer sponsorship
* Permitted to start your own business
* You get social security benefit when you retired
* Your family members will retain the green card evenif you pass away or loose your job
* Almost all leagal rights except for the right to vote
* Eligibility to apply for USA citizenship status later
* Easy and less interest rates for mortgage for home purchase
* Important for getting health or life insurance
* You can legally own property, vehicles and firearms etc.
* Many more.........

looooooooong way to go...

The highest CN in Asian region in 2009 is (most probably) below 35000
Source
Main applicants in 2009 are 14002
Then members per family in 2009= 35000/14000 = 2.5
Cutoff No. for Asia in 2009 is 30350
So actually interviewed principal applicants (PAs) are 30350/2.5= 12140
IF so, in this year also (2011) at least 12000 PAs can expect to be interviewed. CORRECT?
THEN WHAT COULD BE THE CUTOFF FOR ASIA:confused::confused:
12140 x 2.93 (44000/15000) = 35570:cool:

p.s. If we have info like max. CN and No. of selectees for the year 2010 we can get a mor accurate prediction.

The highest CN in Aian region in 2009 is (most probably) below 35000
Source
Main applicants in 2009 are 14002
Then members per family in 2009= 35000/14000 = 2.5
Cutoff No. for Asia in 2009 is 30350
So actually interviewed principal applicants (PAs) are 30350/2.5= 12140
IF so, in this year also (2011) at least 12000 PAs can expect to be interviewed. CORRECT?
THEN WHAT COULD BE THE CUTOFF FOR ASIA:confused::confused:
12140 x 2.93 (44000/15000) = 35570:cool:

p.s. If we have info like max. CN and No. of selectees for the year 2010 we can get a mor accurate prediction.

well done mr.nalin......its look like simple form of assumption ...what is your prediction for next visa builiten??

will they ask about A/L SUBJECTS KNOWLDGE??..................PLEASE SEE THE ONE OF THE DV WINNER INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

RECEIVED MY FIRST LETTER AT 4TH OF APRIL 2007
SENT IT BACK BY END OF MAY
RECEIVED THE 2ND PACKAGE BY SEPTEMER 17 AT THE POST OFFICE(BECOS I WASNT HOME ON 14TH TO GET IT.A LETTER WAS DROP TO COME PICK IT).I
MY INTERVIEW DATE WAS ON D 10 OCT 2007.
ON MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE
DUE TO D LATE RECEIVAL OF MY PASSPORT ,I COULD NOT GO WITH MY MEDICAL RESULT BUT I VE WENT A DAY BEFORE TO START.
I WENT THERE EARLY MORNING SOME MINUTES TO 7.00AM (I0 OCT).
FIRSTLY THEY DONT ALLOW ONE TO GO IN WITH MOBILE PHONE ,NOT EVEN TO PUT IT IN SILENCE OR SWICTH OFF (ITS BETTER TO KEEP IT AT HOME)
ALL ENCLOSED EVELOPE WAS INSTRUCTED TO B OPENED OUTSIDE D GATE(INCLUDING THE WHITE MEDICALS ENVELOPE).
THE WAY TO ARRANGE
1 ENSURE THAT ALL THE COPY OF YOUR DOCUMENT IS ARRANGE TOGETHER(PHOTOCOPY SEPARATE)
2 ALSO, PLACE THE ORIGINAL WITH EACH OTHER.
WHILE ENTERING
;;,<,You WOULD B ASK FOR YOUR PASSPORT AND LETTER FOR INTERVIEW

THEN,AT THE ENTERANCE OF THE IN DOOR GATE ,A STAFF WILL GIVEN You A YELLOW CARD , WITH A WHITE teller INORDER, TO PAY $375 ,ALSO A CONTACT FORM WILL B GIVE TO You.
FIRSTLY WHILE ENTERING
GO TO THE ACCOUNTANT STRAIGHT TO PAY THE MONEY(DATS D ONLY MONEY You PAY 4 DAT DAY).A RECEIPT WOULD B ISSUED TO You.(JUST KEEP IT, THERE ARE 2 RECEIPTs joined together, 1 FOR D STATE DEPARTMENT THE OTHER FOR You/don't seperate,they wolud do that at d point of interview).
NOTE ,THE NUMBER WRITTEN ON YOUR YELLOW FORM IS YOUR NUMBER.LISTEN TO D SPEAKER WHILE You ARE SITTING INSIDE.,THE NUMBER WILL B CALLED TO COME TO A WINDOW NUMBER(SOMTHING) .IF You ARE FOR DV ,YOUR NUMBER WOULD B DV XX.
THEREAFETR,You WILL HEAR YOUR NUMBER(DATS D ONE GIVEN AT THE GATE OF ENTERY ON THE YELLOW CARD)TO COME TO A WINDOW NUMBER (MOST TIME ITS WINDOW 9 FOR DV).AT THE WINDOW DROP ALL THE DOCUMENT(AS SAID EARLIER ,ARRANGE THE PHOTO COPIES SEPARATE AND ASLO FOR THE ORIGINALS DOC.).SHOW HER YOUR RECEIPT AND GIVE HER ALL THE DOC. You NEEDED.NEVER MIND THE ONES THAT IS NOT NECCESSARY WOULD B RETURN BACK TO You IMMEDIATELY.SO,You WOULD B TOLD TO STAY OUT SIDE FOR SOME WHILE.(3-5HRS).WITH MY LITTLE EXPERIENCE ,MOST DV'S ARE MOSTLY ATTENDED TO BY 1;50PM UPWARD.
AT ABOUT 10MINUTES TO 3PM I WAS CALL TO THE WINDOW (WINDOW NUMBER 6&11 ARE MOSTLY USED AND SOMETIMES 9&10).
THE QUESTIONS I WAS ASKED
----GOOD AFTERNOON SHE SAY.(I RESPOND)

----You SWORE TO SAY THE TRUTH(BY RISEN your RIGHT HAND UP).
----ARE You THE ONE ON THIS FORM(D-230)
----SO ,WHAT IS your NAME
-----WHATS your DATE OF BIRTH
----- WHERE WERE You BORN
------WHAT THE NAME OF your SECOUNDARY SCHOOL
------DID You WRITE WAEC OR GCE
-----WHAT YEAR
-----WHAT ARE THE SUBJECTS You GOT your HIGHEST GRADES.
-----SHE THEN ASK "WHAT DO You KNOW ABOUT CHEMISTRY
-----from what i told her ,She Ask another question(my answer was ,its deals With Organic and Inorgan chemistry.
----THEN SHE ASK ,WHAT ARE ORGANIC COMPOUND
-----AGAIN,SHE ARE Inganic Compound.
-----SHE THEN TO PHYSICS
---WHAT DO You KNOW ABOUT PHYSICS
----I ANSWER "MECHANISM"
-----SHE SAID 'WHERE SPECIFICALLY"
MACHINE I SAID
SO WHAT DO KNOW ABOUT MACHINE
"THE PURPOSE OF A MACHINE IS TO APPLY LESS EFFORT INORDER TO GET MORE WORK OUTPUT.
SHE SAID 'Good"

SHE THEN ASK OF MY MEDICAL REPORT (I ANSWER ED,NOT YET OUT,)
THEN SHE GAVE ME A GREEN LETTER SAYIN THAT I CAN COME ANY FRIDAY(EXPECT THE LAST FRIDAY OF EACH MONTH) TO SUBMIT THE MY MEDICAL REPORT .
2 FRIDAY'S AFTER I WeNT THERE TO SUBMIT MY MEDICALS
THERE AFTER I WAS CALLED TO THE GET MY VISA LETTER(still on dat Day),
IT SHOWS WHEN I WOULD B GETTING MY VIZO
HOWEVER,IF AT THE INTERVIEW DATE You HAV ALL YOUR DOC. COMPLETE ,You WUD BE GIVEN YOUR VISA COLLECTION LETTER IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE VISA INTERVIEW.IF NOT U WUB B EXPECTED TO COMING ANOTHER FRIDAY TO SUBMIT THE
REQUIRED DOC.
RESHY2ALL@YAHOO

well done mr.nalin......its look like simple form of assumption ...what is your prediction for next visa builiten??

Applications for the interview is selected by KCC "first come fisrt serve" basis. (not in CNs order)
From May this year, not only first 9000 selectees, other 36000 selectees also have sent their applications to KCC at their earliest. correct?
Which mean out of first 9000 only about 1/3 is having a chance to be interviewed during the month of October.
So most of first 9000 CNs. are interviewed in November, I do not think a big difference of November Cutoff.;)

Applications for the interview is selected by KCC "first come fisrt serve" basis. (not in CNs order)
From May this year, not only first 9000 selectees, other 36000 selectees also have sent their applications to KCC at their earliest. correct?
Which mean out of first 9000 only about 1/3 is having a chance to be interviewed during the month of October.
So most of first 9000 CNs. are interviewed in November, I do not think a big difference of November Cutoff.;)

i thing this not correct idea....accroding to my knowldge the 'first come firstserve' basis only applicable to those who r attending the interview.....not to all selectees..........

i thing this not correct idea....accroding to my knowldge the 'first come firstserve' basis only applicable to those who r attending the interview.....not to all selectees..........

Dear Srikaran , read the KCC mail received by Thanushan

hey guyz I contacted KCC to get a confirmation on my document delivery via e-mail. They confirm dat
"Your forms have been received and are waiting to be processed. Mail is processed in the order of the date received, thus the importance of submitting your forms in a timely manner."
they asked
full name:
date of birth:
case number:
....................... gud luck ..................

Dear Srikaran , read the KCC mail received by Thanushan

i also received the same message from kcc....'Mail is processed in the order of the date received' they have given only excuses for the delay the reply.......nothing more

Privileges of owners грин cards:

Green a card (green card) name the Certificate of the permanent resident of the USA, earlier known as the Certificate of the subject other state constantly living in the USA.

• Possibility to drive/leave from the USA without risk, that will give up to you the immigration officer in the airport (port) of arrival. At departure for borders of the USA, make sure that you have not forgotten your certificate (green card, greencard). It will be necessary for you to show it to Service of Citizenship and Immigration of the USA and as mark to itself dates of departure and entrance to the country. Necessarily drive to the country legally (through frontier points).

You will not need to worry about terms of your legal stay in territory of the USA. Green a card (Green Card) stands out once and for all life though has period of validity - 10 years. In 10 years it should be updated.

• the Right to take advantage of the program of the help in the formation, financed by the government of the USA. • Owners of Green Card (greencard) pay less for training at universities and colleges that is considerable economy and, in some cases, in 3-4 times is cheaper, than it manages for foreign students.

• the Right to work in any company which are in territory of the USA. (Exceptions make only those organisations which under the charter should employ only citizens of the USA).

• At the device on some companies, the employer demands to pass check of reliability which there can pass only owners грин cards and citizens of the USA. Thus, to owners of greencards (green card) it is opened more than working offers.

• the Right to open own business and to create the corporations, joint-stock companies. • Owners of Greencard (green card) have social privileges at an exit on pension, provided that they have fulfilled 40 quarters (т.е.10 years) before an exit on pension. • Owners of Greencard (greencard) can become the guarantor for the spouse/spouse and unmarried children to 21 years at reception of the status of the permanent resident.

• If you have received Greencard (green card) on all family it remains at them if you lose work, die, etc. • inviolability in connection with the subsequent Is given to changes in immigration laws.

• you have more than the rights according to the law of the USA, however to vote in elections you have no right since this right citizens of the USA can use only. • Possibility of the subsequent reception of citizenship of the USA. You are not obliged to become the citizen of the USA. To have the status of the permanent resident (the owner of Greencard) you can all life. If your country of a birth supports a dual citizenship you can become the citizen of two countries simultaneously.

• it will be easier to you to receive the credit (for example, for house purchase). Many banks demand to show your Greencard or the long-term visa to credit delivery. Some banks expose very big credit percent for those who does not possess Greencard (green card).

• Some states demand presence Greencard for reception of the professional licence, for example the agent under the real estate, the insurance agent, etc. • Many insurance companies demand presence Greencard for life insurance, work etc. • Owners of Greencard (green card) can be as much as necessary in any of 50 states of the USA.

• you can lawfully have the real estate, cars, fire-arms and other things which citizens of the USA can have.

• As decrease in the taxation for the owner Greencard which is taxed in the native land as "changeably living" is possible

dv-2011 winners from Srilanka

45000 cases did not send their application to KCC
Because

1. Don't like reason
2.How to fill the forms
3.Not Qualified
4.If selected but not recieve 1st NL
5.already go to US
6.such as other criminal cases have
7.Medical problems..
8. and more..

so only 75% applications sent to KCC ( this is not accurate)

Ex : 45000/100 X 75 = 33750

Already in OCT 9000

Balance 33750-9000 = 24,750

If is correct....

Kuhananth