• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

I never got the breakdown of the interview notice email....How did you get those details as when i enquired with the embassy here in Abu dhabi they replied saying i follow the KCC requirements.

And seems will be going for the interview on the same week......let us remember all other guys who will be current in our prayers.

nmqbgz

Embassy notice for my interview says fees are $ 440 and looks like affidavit of support / own assets /funds is required as it is listed as a requirement

@Dv2012AFTAZ

Seemingly there are alot of changes which needs to be shared with other members of the forum since last year the Fee was double that and affidavit of support and ownership of assets was not an issue . Those who have knowledge of the same should enlighten members of the forum so that they are well prepared for the interview.

@Dv2012AFTAZ

Seemingly there are alot of changes which needs to be shared with other members of the forum since last year the Fee was double that and affidavit of support and ownership of assets was not an issue . Those who have knowledge of the same should enlighten members of the forum so that they are well prepared for the interview.

Fees have been reduced since Feb. The requirements are embassy specific i assume since many have not received this. I am taking the interview in the middle east maybe that's why.

all requirements are as per the Dv selectee guidelines and the second NL, the others have been discussed in great detail on this Forum.

the only additional thing i can mention is that the passport validity at the time of interview SHOULD be for more then six months to obtain the visa.

Hi

Fees have been reduced since Feb. The requirements are embassy specific i assume since many have not received this. I am taking the interview in the middle east maybe that's why.

all requirements are as per the Dv selectee guidelines and the second NL, the others have been discussed in great detail on this Forum.

the only additional thing i can mention is that the passport validity at the time of interview SHOULD be for more then six months to obtain the visa.

I suspect the requirement are case to case bases on specific embassies. like the case of Photos, some are asking 3photos and some 2photos so we cannot say its general requirement for all excerpt the usual documents(passports,birth certs,marriage certs,edu certs,etc)

The thing is no matter what they ask i believe we are winners and they just want to confirm what you wrote the forms.

I suspect the requirement are case to case bases on specific embassies. like the case of Photos, some are asking 3photos and some 2photos so we cannot say its general requirement for all excerpt the usual documents(passports,birth certs,marriage certs,edu certs,etc)

The thing is no matter what they ask i believe we are winners and they just want to confirm what you wrote the forms.

Very true. What I would like to add is take as many documents as you can. Organize an original set and a Copy separately of each of you. One never knows what strange paper maybe requested.
I think the forum is not very active since most information needed is already available and people are preparing what we expect is mostly the interview experiences which are pretty standard as we see.
The forum is for us a place we visit regularly to feel comfort and reduce our anxiety as the days towards the finale approach. All the best, if God wills it for us AND we follow the right part honestly and truthfully we will get what we deserve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Very true. What I would like to add is take as many documents as you can. Organize an original set and a Copy separately of each of you. One never knows what strange paper maybe requested.
I think the forum is not very active since most information needed is already available and people are preparing what we expect is mostly the interview experiences which are pretty standard as we see.
The forum is for us a place we visit regularly to feel comfort and reduce our anxiety as the days towards the finale approach. All the best, if God wills it for us AND we follow the right part honestly and truthfully we will get what we deserve.

Well said and to the point....but the 2011 guys were very active despite having a immense experience from both Nigeria and Ghana forum, they still kept the kenyan 2011 going.

Visa fees reduced from 13th april 2012

Well said and to the point....but the 2011 guys were very active despite having a immense experience from both Nigeria and Ghana forum, they still kept the kenyan 2011 going.

Type of Visa

Diversity Visa Program Fee from $440 to $330

The proposed fees were published in the Federal Register today, and will take effect in 15 days. To view the interim final rule, visit www.regulations.gov. Comments will be accepted until 60 days after publication. At that time, the Department will consider the public comments, and the published final rule will include the Department’s response to any comments received.

Fee information may also be found on the Bureau of Consular Affairs website, travel.state.gov, and on the websites of U.S. embassies and consulates.

hI

Type of Visa

Diversity Visa Program Fee from $440 to $330

The proposed fees were published in the Federal Register today, and will take effect in 15 days. To view the interim final rule, visit www.regulations.gov. Comments will be accepted until 60 days after publication. At that time, the Department will consider the public comments, and the published final rule will include the Department’s response to any comments received.

Fee information may also be found on the Bureau of Consular Affairs website, travel.state.gov, and on the websites of U.S. embassies and consulates.

I hope this gets effective soonest.God really works in mysterious ways.

I hope this gets effective soonest.God really works in mysterious ways.

@dubai-b

I still feel that $440 is better than what guys paid last year in the tune of $816 per person although our prayers is that the lower it goes the better as it gives many people an opportunity without straining so much. So $330 if it happens will be a very good offer

Hi

@dubai-b

I still feel that $440 is better than what guys paid last year in the tune of $816 per person although our prayers is that the lower it goes the better as it gives many people an opportunity without straining so much. So $330 if it happens will be a very good offer

Definitely this is a step worth celebrating about and very good news to us all who are current after april 13. The older members, we are greatful for you guys. we are all blessed and ready for interviews.

New Fees

Those yet to go for visa interview( Nairobi Embassy) can you please check the standard on Monday 9th,
April. Theres easter gift for you guys. God bless you as you prepare for the interview.

Anyone who has confirmed Fees reduction from 440$ to 330$? They had promised to do so from April 13.

@dubai-b
@olyn

2012 is one lot that is very luck and they should thank God that they will be able to save somthing for the airfare from the savings of visa application in the Embassy fee comparedn to 2011 group.

Need clarification about the required dox

Definitely this is a step worth celebrating about and very good news to us all who are current after april 13. The older members, we are greatful for you guys. we are all blessed and ready for interviews.

Hi folks!

could some one who has been for the interviews in Nairobi please help and tell me whether if one has a degree/degrees that they still have to carry secondary school certificates for the interview? Also, would certified copies pass?

Many thanks in advance

Hi folks!

could some one who has been for the interviews in Nairobi please help and tell me whether if one has a degree/degrees that they still have to carry secondary school certificates for the interview? Also, would certified copies pass?

Many thanks in advance

During the interview degree / diploma certificates don't count kcse certificate does though.
Carry all your arsenal don't leave anything to chance

Hi

Hi folks!

Many thanks in advance

Hi just take all your documents as long you can explain to them but only submit what is asked by them.

Hi folks!

Many thanks in advance

@YesuAfuga1

KCSE is a must because that is the DVS qualifying academic level. But one should carry all the others not for presentation, it is just in case. It also gives you confidence to know that you are well equiped with all the necessary documents.Infact at the counter where they verify the documments they will ask the KCSE not the others

Travel Arrangements!

Folks I hope you're all ok. I'm planning to travel to Connecticut in the next month or so, though that's not the address I processed with. For those who've gone through the process kindly give me a heads up on what to look out for, stuff like the cheapest and reliable airline, what to carry, procedures at the P.O.E etc etc...I'' really appreciate. thanks.

Folks I hope you're all ok. I'm planning to travel to Connecticut in the next month or so, though that's not the address I processed with. For those who've gone through the process kindly give me a heads up on what to look out for, stuff like the cheapest and reliable airline, what to carry, procedures at the P.O.E etc etc...I'' really appreciate. thanks.

My friend it is good to see that you are ready to put things in gear. For cheap flights l believe the old folks from this thread will be of help. About the point of entry, very simple. Coming to Connecticut means you will surely be using JFK. No big deal, make sure u do not forget your brown envelope. Upon arrival, join the visitors queue till it gets to your turn. Your passport, visa and brown envelope will be checked, biometric fingerprints will be taken and a digital picture of you. You can expect a question like why do you come to America? You then procede to another section where your brown envelope will be taken and you also do ink fingerprinting. You can request for a change of address at this section. You then go for your luggages and exit your P.O.E. Just pray against long queue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Hi Boss,

I just want to wish the best of luck and may the lord breath his blessings on your direction tomorrow. Its the day you have been preparing for, go and get your your visa. I hope you got everything ready and lets here your experience after tomorrow.

God bless you.