• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

You are welcom

Want to wish the forumist, happy new year, hoping that 2012 will be as blessing as 2011.
nelimah2, just prepare well and wish you success with your preparation.
I travelled got everything and lam back home.
Incas you want a hand, inbox me, lam avaliable.
@wanjeri,will inbox you in the course of the week

Qualification

I talk to a friend who has also won the lottery 2012 but he is very worried and i hope the house will help him on this.. He failed in science and had a d7 in maths and e8 in english. He also had a diploma in business studies.. Since he doesnt not have a credit in english and maths but have a diploma in business studies, will that saves him out ?

Please help me tell this guy something because he is very worried

rhoda

I talk to a friend who has also won the lottery 2012 but he is very worried and i hope the house will help him on this.. He failed in science and had a d7 in maths and e8 in english. He also had a diploma in business studies.. Since he doesnt not have a credit in english and maths but have a diploma in business studies, will that saves him out ?

Please help me tell this guy something because he is very worried

rhoda

If your friend is from Kenya, they dont look at subject performance at the Embassy but rather the mean grade(overall performance). For you to qualify you must have a mean grade of D PLAIN or above. I hope this helps.

one must have a D Plain and above to qualify

I didnt even know they care about the grade!!!!! I thought it is just COMPLETION coz hapa hata hawajali sana maneno ya grade...utaona ukifika...hawapendi masomo sana. Wanataka tu kumaliza so I would be surprised that they have a gradecap. Anyhow, hata angepata A+ kwan kingeleza, once you are here, it is a different story. Kingeleza different sana, totally different hata comprehension different, not to mention how many people will ask you to speak "slower" coz they dont seem to understand what you are asking for - when all you need is waTer (they say 'wola). So, one day at a time and hopefully you sail through.

@makeiteasier, at the Kenyan Embassy they care about your mean grade. During my interview a lady who was ahead of me was denied visa bcoz she had a D-.There is a paper they give one to fill before you even pay the fees detailing the required education qualifications but i guess the lady was so excited she didnt see that anything below D Plain doesnt qualify.

i feel you

Great news for y'all dv 2011 selectees, seems like most of you had a rather swift journey to obama land,
Hopefully I'll be on the same path soon. This particular forum has helped me greatly unlike the 2012 one which half
the times is usually dormant.

i agree with you. this one of ours for 2012 is very dormant. can we do something about it?

i agree with you. this one of ours for 2012 is very dormant. can we do something about it?

I started one, which you posted the other day. Half the times I post I usually feel like I'm talking to myself.
I know we've over relied on the 2011 thread which has most of what you'd actually need but we also need to realize the process is not static, some things are changing like for instance DHL delivery of the passports etc.
There might be other nitty gritty's that have changed but unless you get them from people who've gone through the process you won't know.
Anyways my D-day is drawing closer, I'll share my experiences on the DV 2012 thread.

Hello

Hello...Hows everybody doing? Happy to inform you that i arrived in the US safe and sound...its been roughly a week since i got here and Cleveland OHIO is pretty ok...I've been a bit under the weather so i've pretty much been stuck indoors these couple of days. Other than that am actually enjoying it down here..
I intend to process my SSN this week if my condition improves...Glad to see that the other members who arrived much earlier are already settled in into their new environment and up and running..

Hello...Hows everybody doing? Happy to inform you that i arrived in the US safe and sound...its been roughly a week since i got here and Cleveland OHIO is pretty ok...I've been a bit under the weather so i've pretty much been stuck indoors these couple of days. Other than that am actually enjoying it down here..
I intend to process my SSN this week if my condition improves...Glad to see that the other members who arrived much earlier are already settled in into their new environment and up and running..

@Kamauz,

Karibu sana Marekani and enjoy yourself and more importantly get to know your enivironment as you process your papers before embarking on job search. All the best

Good to see you guyz here

@Kamauz,

Karibu sana Marekani and enjoy yourself and more importantly get to know your enivironment as you process your papers before embarking on job search. All the best

Hey people am encoraged to see you guys keeping the kenyan threads up...this site is a very valuable source of info for every one intending to come over here more so the DV winners and those wishing to come over here....@ Kamauz i think we tokd some tyme back last year karibu marekani i suggest you move as fast as possible get your paper work ready and start looking for Jobs.....Rem Time and Tide waits for no man...God Bless

Still Home.

Hi everyone
Sorry, have been lost from the thread, but Iam happy its' still live.
Thank to everyone.
Iam still home chasing one thing after another, I intend to go back by end of much.
Those who have travel, wish you well and success in your immidiate plans.
May Gods' favour follow you behind.

Opportunities

@members on there Way to US
US is a place of many opportunities depending on how you look at it. You can go hungry if you want to. There are also numerous opportunities for those who want to prosper. The service industry is doing fine, from the CNA and nursing service which has very high return for those who opt to go that direction for its flexable hours to hotels, Suppermarket, It, County jobs, track drivers, schools and college and university tutors, military service for those who have just left college,phamacists and all that. One should also be willing to acquire the basic new knowledge to be able to fit in,in the changing environment. The returns in terms of dollars from any kind of undertaking is worth the journey from Jamuhuri yetu without forgetting the satisfaction of a secure and safe environment where service delivery is first class and education for your kinds is guranteed.

All the best everybody

@members on there Way to US
US is a place of many opportunities depending on how you look at it. You can go hungry if you want to. There are also numerous opportunities for those who want to prosper. The service industry is doing fine, from the CNA and nursing service which has very high return for those who opt to go that direction for its flexable hours to hotels, Suppermarket, It, County jobs, track drivers, schools and college and university tutors, military service for those who have just left college,phamacists and all that. One should also be willing to acquire the basic new knowledge to be able to fit in,in the changing environment. The returns in terms of dollars from any kind of undertaking is worth the journey from Jamuhuri yetu without forgetting the satisfaction of a secure and safe environment where service delivery is first class and education for your kinds is guranteed.

All the best everybody

Thanks for this valuable information and advice. l wish you the best in all your endeavours.

A quick one people, I used an address in Texas while processing my case, however I intend to go to New York though that's where my present host will be. Do I need to change anything at the P.O.E on either side? Should I first go to Texas check-in then head to NY or should I just go to NY directly?
Anyone with a similar experience please help me out.

Thanks.

A quick one people, I used an address in Texas while processing my case, however I intend to go to New York though that's where my present host will be. Do I need to change anything at the P.O.E on either side? Should I first go to Texas check-in then head to NY or should I just go to NY directly?

Thanks.

You can enter through New York and give the Immigration Officer your new address, you don't need to head to Texas again,that will be waste of money and time.
Cheers!

Thanks.

@Change of Address

As it has been indicated by other members you can go thro new York and just indicate your new mailing address at the point of entry. Wish you all the best

@Change of Address

As it has been indicated by other members you can go thro new York and just indicate your new mailing address at the point of entry. Wish you all the best

Thanks wanjeri, I'm dv2012 just got my visa last week. I'll be joining u pple in 2 months time. Any pointer with regards to my migration is welcome. Dv2011 thread has really helped me. Thank you folks.