• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Countdown

A day like this next week at around 8am is the day we have been waiting for all those months, sometimes with with anxiety taking over and clarifying all what we had doubt about. We thank those who have contributed to our queries and to those who posted useful info all along. To the old members we salute you and i forever will always be grateful to this forum. Those who are current we wish you all the best and always put your trust in the almighty God....he has plans for you for good and not for evil but for the best.

Hi Boss,

I just want to wish the best of luck and may the lord breath his blessings on your direction tomorrow. Its the day you have been preparing for, go and get your your visa. I hope you got everything ready and lets here your experience after tomorrow.

God bless you.

Thanks Dubai-b can't wait to get it done with! let the outcome be what the Lord wishes.....

Hi

Thanks Dubai-b can't wait to get it done with! let the outcome be what the Lord wishes.....

Dont worry bro....patience pays.....i can see the visa stamped on all of your passports....do you have to drop your passport and be delivered later with the visa or what is the procedure there?

Dont worry bro....patience pays.....i can see the visa stamped on all of your passports....do you have to drop your passport and be delivered later with the visa or what is the procedure there?

they retain sucessful passports and send it back to you by DHL here.

My friend it is good to see that you are ready to put things in gear. For cheap flights l believe the old folks from this thread will be of help. About the point of entry, very simple. Coming to Connecticut means you will surely be using JFK. No big deal, make sure u do not forget your brown envelope. Upon arrival, join the visitors queue till it gets to your turn. Your passport, visa and brown envelope will be checked, biometric fingerprints will be taken and a digital picture of you. You can expect a question like why do you come to America? You then procede to another section where your brown envelope will be taken and you also do ink fingerprinting. You can request for a change of address at this section. You then go for your luggages and exit your P.O.E. Just pray against long queue.

Thanks Mantutu, I can see going by your signature you've already traveled. I hope you are coping well.
On my side all is set, I'm planning to book my flight next week and schedule a date.

Dv2012AFTAZ and dubai-b all the best with your interviews just trust in God and all will be well.
We will be waiting to hear your positive results.

hi

Thanks Mantutu, I can see going by your signature you've already traveled. I hope you are coping well.
On my side all is set, I'm planning to book my flight next week and schedule a date.

Dv2012AFTAZ and dubai-b all the best with your interviews just trust in God and all will be well.
We will be waiting to hear your positive results.

Thanks kenweed... i wish you a safe journey and a prosperous life full of achievements. The journey to our visa is a countdown now and am ready to face off with co.with God on my side i know am blessed and i will pick up the visa with a big praise to the almighty.

Dear Members

Praise the Lord the Visa’s for the whole Family and me have been approved.

Just a five minute interview will post details soon.

Interview Experience - Tanzanian Neighbor posting here we are too few for our own Thread!

Our Interview was at 1 and we arrived at the Embassy early at 12.15 or so. My wife and my two kids along with me

After security checks we got the first numbers and were called in at 1.

At the first counter a local requested all our papers one by one original and copy. Sorted them all into individual files asked us if we had an affidavit of support to which I said no I will go based on own assets. She asked us go and pay the fees 330 x 4 and then to wait.

A few minutes later we were called for finger printing and asked to sit again.

At around 1.50 we were called to the window for the interview. It was a very pleasant lady there at the counter.

The first thing she did was give back my original documents which I guess she would have already have reviewed in the 40 minutes or so.

The Interview as best as I can remember.
CO : I will start the interview now.
Me : Sure great.
CO : These are your kids?
Me : Yes
CO : How old are they?
Me : 9 and 14
CO : Ok they may stand aside now.
CO : This your wife?
Me : yes
CO : please raise your hands and Swear that you will tell the truth and that your papers are correct to the best of your knowledge
WE : we swore and signed the papers. I had to sign for the kids.
CO : So who won the DV?
ME : ME
CO : Where did you apply from?
ME : here
CO : Great, Have you been married before? (Both to my wife and me)
We : NO
CO : Have you registered all your kids? Do you have any kids other then these two?
WE : No
CO : When did you marry?
CO : Where did you get married?
CO : Which university did you do your Bachelors from? What was the major?
CO : Which university did you do your Masters from? What was the major?
CO : All your professional qualifications are from the USA did you live there before?
ME : No I did visit for the exams only
CO : What Visa were you on?
ME : B1/B2
CO : Is it Valid
ME : Yes for me and my wife the kids had expired.
CO : Ok Great I think you have all that’s required. I am going to approve your visas right away. They will be valid for 6 months
ME : Thank you
CO : Congratulations, can I have your valid B1 visas I need to cancel them. You may not hold 2 types of visas at the same time.
WE : gave them and stamped cancelled
CO : Take this paper and give it at the DHL counter outside. They will deliver your visas to you.
WE : Thanks once again.
CO : you are welcome, Bye.

We proceeded to the DHL counter gave the papers and were informed that we could expect the package in a week to 10 days.
Along with the passports will be a I think they said yellow sealed envelope that we should not open or else it would delay us at the port of entry.
We then left the embassy in glorious praises to the great Lord our God to whom all this come. Praise be to his name!

Thanks to alll the members for the great contibutions that had me well prepared at the interview.

A day like this next week at around 8am is the day we have been waiting for all those months, sometimes with with anxiety taking over and clarifying all what we had doubt about. We thank those who have contributed to our queries and to those who posted useful info all along. To the old members we salute you and i forever will always be grateful to this forum. Those who are current we wish you all the best and always put your trust in the almighty God....he has plans for you for good and not for evil but for the best.

@dubai

Trust in God and victory is all yours. Just prepare your documents and go through them with a check list, as that will give you the confidence you need. All the best

Our Interview was at 1 and we arrived at the Embassy early at 12.15 or so. My wife and my two kids along with me

At the first counter a local requested all our papers one by one original and copy. Sorted them all into individual files asked us if we had an affidavit of support to which I said no I will go based on own assets. She asked us go and pay the fees 330 x 4 and then to wait.

At around 1.50 we were called to the window for the interview. It was a very pleasant lady there at the counter.

The first thing she did was give back my original documents which I guess she would have already have reviewed in the 40 minutes or so.

CO : please raise your hands and Swear that you will tell the truth and that your papers are correct to the best of your knowledge
CO : Have you registered all your kids? Do you have any kids other then these two?
CO : All your professional qualifications are from the USA did you live there before?
CO : Ok Great I think you have all that’s required. I am going to approve your visas right away. They will be valid for 6 months
CO : Congratulations, can I have your valid B1 visas I need to cancel them. You may not hold 2 types of visas at the same time.
CO : Take this paper and give it at the DHL counter outside. They will deliver your visas to you.

We proceeded to the DHL counter gave the papers and were informed that we could expect the package in a week to 10 days.
Along with the passports will be a I think they said yellow sealed envelope that we should not open or else it would delay us at the port of entry.
We then left the embassy in glorious praises to the great Lord our God to whom all this come. Praise be to his name!

Thanks to alll the members for the great contibutions that had me well prepared at the interview.

@Dv2012AFTAZ

Glory to God and welcome to AMERICA your experience will be of great help to those who are preparing for the interview and especially those Inquiring about the FEE-the $330. Hope the experience will be the same for TZ and Kenya.

Hi

@dubai

Trust in God and victory is all yours. Just prepare your documents and go through them with a check list, as that will give you the confidence you need. All the best

Thank you sir we are doing that and the rest i leave it all to God. Did you have to photocopy everything?

Yes you have to. I had made my files neet and orgainzed with labels etc.. all to waste!!

They asked me for one paper at a time. just in the order i send you before.
I suggest have a orginal and copy side by side so you can keep ging them the documents as they request them.

Another thing keep 2 copies of the passports. they asked me for an extra but i did not have so they just copied it.

Hi

Am so happy for you man. My wife and i celebrated with a big amen like it was us getting the visa. We wish you and your family a prosperous life in America and let the dream continue to shine. God works in mysterious ways sir...your blessed indeed.

Hi

Yes you have to. I had made my files neet and orgainzed with labels etc.. all to waste!!

They asked me for one paper at a time. just in the order i send you before.
I suggest have a orginal and copy side by side so you can keep ging them the documents as they request them.

Another thing keep 2 copies of the passports. they asked me for an extra but i did not have so they just copied it.

Thank you sir. Are you planning on moving immediately?

Not Sure

Thank you sir. Are you planning on moving immediately?

Well it’s just sinking in we did not plan stage 5 as I call it just to avoid any disappointment!
The logistics involved are huge! Considering the kids schooling etc. We are weighing our options on how to go about it.
First plan is sure to go in the summer to activate it all.

Well it’s just sinking in we did not plan stage 5 as I call it just to avoid any disappointment!
The logistics involved are huge! Considering the kids schooling etc. We are weighing our options on how to go about it.

@Dv2012AFTAZ

Dont worry about the US system of education as it is straight forward. Kids from Africa who are used to heavy workload are findinng it a walk over especially with less workload in school. They can join school at any level at any time of the year apart from K12 which you have to join before the academic year starts. Otherwise carry all their school reportform and Immunization records as they will be demanded in school. So education should not worry you it is easy and gives kids time to be kids with less academic stress but with quality education.

@Dubai

Make sure you have photocopies of all documents you carry to the interview arranged in order. They have no time to waste

Hi

Yes yes relocating is not easy especially leaving your comfort zone and going to search for a job there. However now you are in control of the stage 5 and i bet you will make a wise move. Be blessed and enjoy with your family this weekend.