• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Experience

I thank God so much for giving me the visa...i paid $330 and the interview was a walk over

Hi bonit! Congratulations. Would you please post for us your experience. Especially now that I hear the minimum KCSE grade for Nairobi has been raised to C Plain, What can you tell us about that.

Hi

Congratulations for the successful interview

Moku tomorrow is your day and with the grace of God you will walk out of that gate with your head high glorifying him. Come with a success experience boss. Wish all the best and Gods blessings tomorrow.

My experience

Mabrook for your success.......welcome. dont forget to post your experience for others please.

My embassy experience in nairobi
i arrived at about 6:05 and my interview was 6:30 am in nairobi..i was like the fiftieth person in the queue then we did the first check, where they check your appointment letter and passport then proceed to the next check where they take your phone and check if you are booked for the interview. then we went inside and pick our numbers and went to sit outside ( men its cold so you better be prepared) then we waited to be called..they started calling shortly after to the counter where they take your documents and photocopies then you go pay $330, then they take your finger prints and tell you to wait..you wait for like 20 mins then they call you for interview which is very random..they asked to name my fathers names as they are in the birth cert, then they asked me the high school i was in, the year of graduation and the score in biology..then they asked me about my host and where he lives and that was the end..then they told me to pick up my passport after a week from dhl and gave me the dhl sheet.

My embassy experience in nairobi
i arrived at about 6:05 and my interview was 6:30 am in nairobi..i was like the fiftieth person in the queue then we did the first check, where they check your appointment letter and passport then proceed to the next check where they take your phone and check if you are booked for the interview. then we went inside and pick our numbers and went to sit outside ( men its cold so you better be prepared) then we waited to be called..they started calling shortly after to the counter where they take your documents and photocopies then you go pay $330, then they take your finger prints and tell you to wait..you wait for like 20 mins then they call you for interview which is very random..they asked to name my fathers names as they are in the birth cert, then they asked me the high school i was in, the year of graduation and the score in biology..then they asked me about my host and where he lives and that was the end..then they told me to pick up my passport after a week from dhl and gave me the dhl sheet.

@
bonit2577666
That was fast glory to God and welcome to US prepare well for the final part and you will never regret

Hi

Congrats man. God was with you all the way.

Wishing you a safe journey and God bless you as you start this journey to fulfill your dreams. It's been many months preparing and today is your day of making that maiden flight to USA. I hope to hear from you with a POE experience. Be blessed sir.

Wishing you a safe journey and God bless you as you start this journey to fulfill your dreams. It's been many months preparing and today is your day of making that maiden flight to USA. I hope to hear from you with a POE experience. Be blessed sir.

Hi dubai-b, I'm finally in the US. Got here safely (thanks be to God) now I'm acclimatising. Its winter so for now i'm good. Been in the house the whole time though. When are you planning to make the big leap?

btw point of entry was a breeze, I went through Minneapolis I even changed my address without issues.

Hi dubai-b, I'm finally in the US. Got here safely (thanks be to God) now I'm acclimatising. Its winter so for now i'm good. Been in the house the whole time though. When are you planning to make the big leap?

Kenweed, its not yet winter, Its summer!! Summer just started on June 20. Wait till it gets to winter its a pain!! Welcome to the US!! Nakutakia mazuri :D

Hi

Wow thanks God....its feel good reading your message. The journey of thousand miles started with a small message and i can't believe your there now. God bless you as you start your new life and as for us we are still in the train waiting for our turn to alight. This is a train that doesn't stop. There are many others waiting to board. Keep in touch though.

nisibia amcase

Wow thanks God....its feel good reading your message. The journey of thousand miles started with a small message and i can't believe your there now. God bless you as you start your new life and as for us we are still in the train waiting for our turn to alight. This is a train that doesn't stop. There are many others waiting to board. Keep in touch though.

Congrats Kenweed ..Please keep us informed on how life is on the other side in terms of job opportunity, FOOD, and anything that you might find useful to some of us who have just started the process..all the best!

Congrats Kenweed ..Please keep us informed on how life is on the other side in terms of job opportunity, FOOD, and anything that you might find useful to some of us who have just started the process..all the best!

Folks, sorry I meant summer not winter :). So far so good I'm in Baltimore MD plenty of Kenyans around. The apartment block where I'm putting up there are like 4-5 Kenyan families so I'd actually call it home away from home. Like I said though I was destined for NY I changed by address at the POE without any issues (that's after my initial host bailed out at the very last minute) I don't blame them though life here can be hard at times. This place even has a ka' local store that sells unga wa ugali and ketepa tea leaves (enterprising Kenyans).
Yesterday I did an application for the SSN though I'd already checked the option on the previous forms let me see how that goes.
Just downloaded MVA I need to prepare for the test so that I can get me the learners permit, you can't do much without it since it serves as the ID as well.
I'll keep updating you on the going on's.
Dubai-b I hope you got my PM replies, I sent a couple since they weren't showing up on my sent folder.

Folks, sorry I meant summer not winter :). So far so good I'm in Baltimore MD plenty of Kenyans around. The apartment block where I'm putting up there are like 4-5 Kenyan families so I'd actually call it home away from home. Like I said though I was destined for NY I changed by address at the POE without any issues (that's after my initial host bailed out at the very last minute) I don't blame them though life here can be hard at times. This place even has a ka' local store that sells unga wa ugali and ketepa tea leaves (enterprising Kenyans).
Yesterday I did an application for the SSN though I'd already checked the option on the previous forms let me see how that goes.
Just downloaded MVA I need to prepare for the test so that I can get me the learners permit, you can't do much without it since it serves as the ID as well.
Dubai-b I hope you got my PM replies, I sent a couple since they weren't showing up on my sent folder.

Let me get this...to mean you changed ur P.O.E enroute(thus landed in NY then proceeded to Maryland)?

Let me get this...to mean you changed ur P.O.E enroute(thus landed in NY then proceeded to Maryland)?

I Processed my docs with a NY address but when I was ready to travel I just booked a flight to Baltimore instead of NY. Once I got to the P.O.E I changed my address from my NY host to my Baltimore host since that's where I want my SSN and GC mailed.

I Processed my docs with a NY address but when I was ready to travel I just booked a flight to Baltimore instead of NY. Once I got to the P.O.E I changed my address from my NY host to my Baltimore host since that's where I want my SSN and GC mailed.

Thus the immigration officer @ the airport wont mind that u've landed anywhere else other that ur declared POE?

Which entity do u inform of ur change of address(KCC,DHS,???)

Thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I got them and i tried to help him. Anyway pole about the mishap at the the last minute, this things happen in foreign lands and you have not seen anything yet. Keep your head up and go for what you believe in. There will be some moments of lows but keep it in your mind that is when your almost there. Am planning to activate in Aug and then comeback to clear somethings up. Be blessed man and remember you got a family in the forum.

Hi

I will never forget the 2011 forum. I went through it when i was green in the forum and the experience i got was most helpful in my preparation. I must admit i wouldn't have made it without the forum and God's guidance. It,s time to move on to other forums but i will forever cherish the time and advice received. Am taking the backseat and let other 2013 members learn and feel the journey.

A querry and thank you note for 2011 members

I will never forget the 2011 forum. I went through it when i was green in the forum and the experience i got was most helpful in my preparation. I must admit i wouldn't have made it without the forum and God's guidance. It,s time to move on to other forums but i will forever cherish the time and advice received. Am taking the backseat and let other 2013 members learn and feel the journey.

I must admit that the 2012 forumates are a blessed lot as the lord has been faithful to them.They have also been very active,i wish us the 2012 winners can be active n i pray that the favour of the lord be upon us like the 2011 lot,however guys i wish to clarify something
1.i entered a wrong date of birth,ie 1986 instead of 1987,
2.i married thru customary marriage and in 2010 has no photos but i have formalized my marriage in 2012 n have the cert of marriage and the photos and we don't have a child yet as we are in university..however we have several photos of courtship and with family members,any SUGGESTION OF PROBLEMS IM LIKELY TO GET DURING INTERVIEW??

Thus the immigration officer @ the airport wont mind that u've landed anywhere else other that ur declared POE?

Which entity do u inform of ur change of address(KCC,DHS,???)

Thanks..

@Obeezyb I din't inform anyone, just booked a flight with the final destination being Baltimore. I entered through Minneapolis and I just handed the CO my docs and the new address. It took me less than 15 minutes and I was done.