• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

:D Hi guys, trust everybody is well. I must apologise for being so lost. We arrived here in Boston on Wednesday Nov 23rd. Took quite some time at POE coz there were many people waiting but finally were cleared. Waiting for our GC and SSN for the job search to start. All the best to everybody
@Olyn, will inbox you soon. When will you be leaving for Kenya?

we arrived JFk safely on 26th,we hand carried x-rays bt were never asked for them.at POE everything went on smoothly,no long queue we just took 15 mins.we went to Social security offices with our application forms but they informed us they dont need the applications. we just wait atleast 30 days for ssn to be sent, n if not sent we visit them again.now i was worried coz i dont remember filling any information about ssn at POE.please anyone with above experience to help....i need to be sure of what we were told to avoid unneccesary delays,coz it seems they just started above procedure recently,our POE is NJ.for those yet to travel, safe journey.for those still in US, shed more light on hustling.thanks.

arrived safely

Hi everyone, sorry for being lost.
I and my girl arrive safely.
At washington, we were recieved warmly,
No delays. I had used Ethiopian airline and there was one of the crew directing us at every step.
When I arrived, Lo! there was a lot of work waiting for me.
The next day, I started off with the cleaning of the house, in and out., the following day went for shopping,
then on 23th started off the cooking.
It was a test I guess. My fiancee had long told me, that we will be hosting these years' Thanks giving'' on the
24th for the whole family. Ilikuwa kazi kweli. I went on road test over the weeked, and God willing these week will
do the test.
I applied for the SSN today and was told to wait for two weeks.
If I don't get by 16th december, my host will post togather with the GC.
Iam in the state of south carolina- columbia.
The place is warm and homely.
I hope to visit my relatives in New York before heading back home on 16th.
Wanjeri, mamaizoo I have inboxed you.
The rest wish you luck in job search.

QUOTE=valvin;2562035]we arrived JFk safely on 26th,we hand carried x-rays bt were never asked for them.at POE everything went on smoothly,no long queue we just took 15 mins.we went to Social security offices with our application forms but they informed us they dont need the applications. we just wait atleast 30 days for ssn to be sent, n if not sent we visit them again.now i was worried coz i dont remember filling any information about ssn at POE.please anyone with above experience to help....i need to be sure of what we were told to avoid unneccesary delays,coz it seems they just started above procedure recently,our POE is NJ.for those yet to travel, safe journey.for those still in US, shed more light on hustling.thanks.[/QUOTE]

Olyn congras for arriving safely.I hope my day will also come soon.All the best,am travelling on the 1st week of february i hope the fares will be abit down.

To all who are travelling in december all the best and safe journey.

Hi everyone, sorry for being lost.
I and my girl arrive safely.
At washington, we were recieved warmly,
No delays. I had used Ethiopian airline and there was one of the crew directing us at every step.
When I arrived, Lo! there was a lot of work waiting for me.
The next day, I started off with the cleaning of the house, in and out., the following day went for shopping,
then on 23th started off the cooking.
It was a test I guess. My fiancee had long told me, that we will be hosting these years' Thanks giving'' on the
24th for the whole family. Ilikuwa kazi kweli. I went on road test over the weeked, and God willing these week will
do the test.
I applied for the SSN today and was told to wait for two weeks.
If I don't get by 16th december, my host will post togather with the GC.
Iam in the state of south carolina- columbia.
The place is warm and homely.
I hope to visit my relatives in New York before heading back home on 16th.
Wanjeri, mamaizoo I have inboxed you.
The rest wish you luck in job search.

QUOTE=valvin;2562035]we arrived JFk safely on 26th,we hand carried x-rays bt were never asked for them.at POE everything went on smoothly,no long queue we just took 15 mins.we went to Social security offices with our application forms but they informed us they dont need the applications. we just wait atleast 30 days for ssn to be sent, n if not sent we visit them again.now i was worried coz i dont remember filling any information about ssn at POE.please anyone with above experience to help....i need to be sure of what we were told to avoid unneccesary delays,coz it seems they just started above procedure recently,our POE is NJ.for those yet to travel, safe journey.for those still in US, shed more light on hustling.thanks.
[/QUOTE]

We thank God

Nelimah2, we thank God for this far He has brought us.
I tell you, people here are very busy. I cannot blame the forumist for being cool.
I wish you all the best Nellima2.

hey people,

long time. life has been fast n furious for me n family here in the US. me n wife got jobs three weeks after arrival, bought a car after 2 months an crashed it in less than a month! hope all are doing well. waiting on anyone come to saint louis, missouri.
all the best!

Sorry

MY2011 sorry to hear about the crush.
were you people hurt?
How is saint Louis-missouri?
lam yet to decide where l really want to settle.
have relatives and friends in different states.,
but right now, lam settled in south carolina-columbia. I like the climate and the place look homely.
I got the SSN but still waiting for the GC.
I was planning to apply for re-entry permit befor leaving for kenya, but Iam told it cost just a good amount of money,
lam yet to find out how much.anyone with an idea.
And do each member has to apply, as l have a bay with me.?
Things are moving so fast, lam suppose to go back-Kenya-on the 16th of December.
I plan to come back soon but since l had not resign, and claim my dues, it may take me some times.
Otherwise thank the forumist for this far we have walk this walk.

Feb numbers

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN FEBRUARY

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2012 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 32,000 Except:
Egypt 21,000
Ethiopia 21,500
Nigeria 16,000

ASIA 23,900
EUROPE 22,000 Except: Uzbekistan 16,500
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 775
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 775

relax

relax your number will be current in june your interview will be in july,and you will make it in jesus name:cool:

Arrival

@Members

I traveled on 4th with Emirate via New York where I had time for sight seeing on 5th before moving on to CA, at the Entry point it took us less than 5minuts with the armed immigration officers. They did not ask about the X-rays and I dont think those who have not travelled yet should mind about them . But they should carry them for any eventuality. Otherwise still waiting for the Social security No. as where ever I go for any service they are asking for it. But so far so good apart from different ways of doing things from charging for a trolley at JFK airport to asking for subscription before one gets a cellphone the once we get for pound on the streets back home and being given conditions for calling back home.And equally darkness by 5 pm. Otherwise Taxes are also very high but I think the returns for those one already employed are also high.

@Forumites,
Am trying to settle down and I have been able to enrol at a local library for access to the internet and information on the opportunities around. I have found out that the public library is a good for free information. I have also discovered that people around this place are very courteous, and the elderly and physically challenged are given first priority by the society. Unlike at home where courtesy has been thrown out of the window. Sevices in most public and private places are offered on time and there is no underhand dealings the Kenyan style. But the people talk too fast and one has to learn to catchup with them. So far I havent received my social security Number so that am able to start job hunting.

@olyn, did you manage to get your traveling documents and what was the process

Green card receiced

Received our green cards on 13th Dec. Now the job hunt begins. All the best to everybody in the forum.

Green card received

Received our green cards on 13th Dec. Now the job hunt begins. All the best to everybody in the forum.

Back home

Wanjeri wish you all the best in the job hunt.
I recieved the SSN and also GC for me and my girl.
We are travelling back on the 22nd and plan to stay five months, then come back for the job hunt.
Since I have a lap top, will keep on hunting for jobs even while in kenya.
All the best

Wanjeri wish you all the best in the job hunt.
I recieved the SSN and also GC for me and my girl.
We are travelling back on the 22nd and plan to stay five months, then come back for the job hunt.
Since I have a lap top, will keep on hunting for jobs even while in kenya.
All the best

@olyn,its nice to hear that you were able to get your SSN and GC in good time to be able to travel back home. Am still waiting for may SSN and GC because i received the welcome letter yesterday. I want to get all the documents before travelling back home end of January for two months. How was the process of reapplying for travelling documents and what are the charges. You inboxed my inbox but it has not yet been received you can reinbox it again. Thanks and all the best as you travel Will be joining you soon.

@mamaizoo, am also stil waiting for my documents but in the meantime am trying to get to know my way around town and what is where according to my interest so that when I get my documents am able to freely move around. All the best.

@mamaizoo, am also stil waiting for my documents but in the meantime am trying to get to know my way around town and what is where according to my interest so that when I get my documents am able to freely move around. All the best.

Hi Wanjeri,
Trust you are fine. We received our social security cards and Green cards. There has been delays in getting driving licences coz here in Massachusetts one must have proof residency(utility bills paid in our names/bank statements). We opened bank accounts but are yet to receive the statements so its kind of tumekwama kidogo. I have not been able to move around much coz of my little boy but my husband has familiarized himself with the place well. All the best too my friend.

Welcome

@Wanjeri, welcome to Sac, CA....ts the coolest place...:) I am mailing you my number ok? get in touch. @ Everyone welcome to the US forum family....I have been here 6 months now and everything is as fast as Njugunuts and Olyn are saying....the day ends without you noticing.....God bless y'al and happy holidays.

Back

Wanjeri Iam already home .
I travelled back on 23rd of December.My plans are to resign immediately,
pay off the few debts I have, collect my dues and go back by May 2012. exactly five months.
Mambo ngumu kweli, but sina otherwise, have to meet the six months bracket cause did not apply for re-entry permit.
I was lucky, got our GC, SSN Cards and D/L. When we go back its just job hunt.
Hope mamaizoo, lil'angel, njugunut and the rest are doing well too.
I hope to invite you people for my wedding possibly in August 2012 ( If be Gods' plan).
May Gods' favour follow you even beyond.

@olyn, It was good to hear that you had a safe journey home. I recived the GC on 23 but am yet to get SSN. Non of the members of my family have received anything. Otherwise I still intend to travel back end of January for two to three months and it is good to hear there is no re-entry permit needed for being out for less than three months. I hope that when the holidays are over I will be able to get my SSN in readness for the journey.

@lill'angel , I will keep in touch otherwise apart from the paperwork other things are moving on well and I have been able to move around town sight seeing before getting down into serious business. Things move abit fast in this place because apart from people having a busy wprking life, In terms of ours this season has shorter day time which makes one to feel that things are moving abit fast, because by 5 it is totally dark. In terms of weather CA is a better place

Hi everyone,

Happy new year to all,i am officially joining you guys soon.am scheduled to fly on 11/02 just 2.5weeks to the expiry of my visa ope this will be a safe journey.Thanks all for the support.