• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Leaving soon

@olyn
Emirate is charging 971.80$ special one way to CA. how fair is it. Havent booked yet but intends to book it.

Sure wanjeri, 971.80$ for one way is fair. Emirate airline is very comfortable,though did not like their food.
I manage to finally book Ethiopian airline at 130,000 return .Since Iam travelling with my girl, I wanted an airline that Iam familiar with the connection process. Iam leaving on 19th Nov. Destination SC.
WISH YOU AND THE REST LUCK

@olyn

Hopefully by Dec most of us will have traveled, but not sure that three weeks will be possible to process the return documents maybe a month?

Hey

@olyn
Emirate is charging 971.80$ special one way to CA. how fair is it. Havent booked yet but intends to book it.

When u land in Sac, CA look me up Wanjeri :) you should inbox mi sometime ok? All the best, I came in July with Swiss Airlines, i had the best flight in ma life, although i know they might be a lil' higher than Emirates, but Emirates' a good choice too, you will be comfortable and for that amount, its very fair. See you soon. Have a great time n hopefully see you soon. God bless.

Traveling soon.

Three weeks not enough to process all the documents @ wanjeri.
Will just do the driving, apply for SSN , nifanye cleaning, nifunge cartains since I already been allocated a room of which I know its state. They will post me the GC and other documents for traveling back.
I will also try hook up with collegus already there for help cause I just have to come back.
Otherwise nellima2 and the rest who are still home, wish you luck as you prepare.
@Maimazoo must be leaving today. Wish them safe journey

Hi,

Hi Guys,
how have u been?its been long...having so many businesses to wind up..Is there anyone traveling around late December and which airline is the cheapest around that time?seems thats the peak season eh?

When u land in Sac, CA look me up Wanjeri :) you should inbox mi sometime ok? All the best, I came in July with Swiss Airlines, i had the best flight in ma life, although i know they might be a lil' higher than Emirates, but Emirates' a good choice too, you will be comfortable and for that amount, its very fair. See you soon. Have a great time n hopefully see you soon. God bless.

@lil'angel

I have INBOXED u and hope to see you in SAC by 14th Dec or earlier. By now I know you have settled.Things mighty be challenging but the almighty will see us through during the difficult settlement period.

@lil'angel

I have INBOXED u and hope to see you in SAC by 14th Dec or earlier. By now I know you have settled.Things mighty be challenging but the almighty will see us through during the difficult settlement period.

POE was easy. Got to the border (the one at Champlain at the Quebec/NY border) around 9.00 am on sept ,29 and told to head to secondary with our sealed package from the consulate. Parked the car and went inside. I was only sitting for less than 5 minutes before a lady called us up. She asked us about where we are moving and a few other questions. She then opened the sealed envelope and make sure the addresses were right, so the green card and SSN would be sent to the right place. wewere then instructed to sit down while she went over the forms. About 30 minutes later, I was finally called back up and she took my fingerprints. And not electronically, the old way with ink and paper. She was having problems doing my fingerprint, so another guy came to take them. He was extremely nice and even joked with me. Once he took my fingerprint, I was then asked to sign this tiny box. The lady told me to sign . And then I got my passport back and that was it! We were at the border for less than an hour.
The first item was a welcome letter 3 weeks after.the following week The second, and more exciting, piece of mail was my green card. Arrived as Priority Mail, oh boy! Let me tell you, there are a LOT of security features on this green card. And the back is super cool. There's this portion at the top that looks like a negative for old pictures, and if you look closely, there's a second picture of me, as well as info like my birth date, USCIS receipt number, A#, etc. Above this, there are tiny little pictures of all the US states. And then below, there's a picture of all the US presidents (including Obama, the newest). They definitely don't want this card to be forged in any way!

Expirience

dadadadada72, thats a nice experience you had at the POE.
Thats for sheding more light on us who are yet to move.
Iam leaving next week God willing.
Tell me, how long did your GC take, and snn number?
I think I will apply immediately I land there, cause has to come back home.
@wish could hear mamaizoo experience, she left the other day.
@wanjeri and others still preparing for the journey, wish you luck and God blessings.

Departure

@dadadada72

It is good to hear that things are easy at the port of entry although I feel it mighty take longer at a busy point of entry like JF. But we hope for the best. Otherwise we hope to be there by First week of Dec

@olyn

Am happy the Shilling to the Dollar is appreciating for those who are about to do their booking am still preparing to leave in Dec. All the best as you prepare to leave next week

Great news for y'all dv 2011 selectees, seems like most of you had a rather swift journey to obama land,
Hopefully I'll be on the same path soon. This particular forum has helped me greatly unlike the 2012 one which half
the times is usually dormant.

Great news for y'all dv 2011 selectees, seems like most of you had a rather swift journey to obama land,
Hopefully I'll be on the same path soon. This particular forum has helped me greatly unlike the 2012 one which half
the times is usually dormant.

@kenweed, do not lose hope in this our 2012 thread. l believe things will pick up soon so that we can help each other. l wish all forumites the best of luck.

God has been good, and I miss you all

Just passed by the thread, it has been quite a while since I was here. Kazi imezidi kidogo but I give God thanks in everything. I am SO happy to see that everyone from 2011 managed to get a visa, even Kamauz miraculous story! This might possibly be the last time that I visit this thread, my schedule has become rather crazy but I am so thankful that I got to 'meet' all of you and we have grown together throughout this process. I would love to keep in touch with all of you, you can inbox me and I'll get the notification and then I'll send you my email address (don't want the spambots getting hold of it).

2012 winners, read this thread from post 1 and it'll answer 99% of your questions. And don't forget to grow your own thread for those who shall follow you.

Adios for now my friends. Off to the rat race. :)

dadadadada72, thats a nice experience you had at the POE.
Thats for sheding more light on us who are yet to move.
Iam leaving next week God willing.
Tell me, how long did your GC take, and snn number?
I think I will apply immediately I land there, cause has to come back home.
@wish could hear mamaizoo experience, she left the other day.
@wanjeri and others still preparing for the journey, wish you luck and God blessings.

it has been sometime since i was in this forum...otherwise kazi mingi, just winding up some stuff. i booked emirates for 3 on 25th Nov. @dadadada72 that's a nice experience at POE.its good to hear more experiences at POE.so please for those who have traveled shed some light on us.by the way do we hand carry also the x-rays when traveling? @olyn safe journey,for those still waiting i wish you all the best.for 2012 forum all the best for your interviews GOD will see you through.

wish you all well

@Valvin, leaving in three days time, I will hand carry my x-ray, l don't want to leave anything to chance.
Time is up, wish all those yet to travel safe journey.
Thank all the forumist for all the suport I got.
Just as @njugunut stated, we have grown up as a family, even though I had limited oportunity to meet the forumist face to face.
BEING busy is good njugunut, will email you nikifika, I hope you too have my email address.
I plan to go back to school immidietely I land to obama-land. Nimeshapata maskani. I thank God.
Remember my wedding........., will back you.
@mamaizoo, pls box me ukipata time. I know you must be very busy.
Wanjeri and the rest wish you well and pls keep in touch.

Wishing u pleasant journeys guys. Reading your thread all this time has kept me inspired. Travel well and please keep us posted about ur experiences in whichever state u end up living. Such as how fast you get to receive your GC and SSN etc

Just passed by the thread, it has been quite a while since I was here. Kazi imezidi kidogo but I give God thanks in everything. I am SO happy to see that everyone from 2011 managed to get a visa, even Kamauz miraculous story! This might possibly be the last time that I visit this thread, my schedule has become rather crazy but I am so thankful that I got to 'meet' all of you and we have grown together throughout this process. I would love to keep in touch with all of you, you can inbox me and I'll get the notification and then I'll send you my email address (don't want the spambots getting hold of it).

2012 winners, read this thread from post 1 and it'll answer 99% of your questions. And don't forget to grow your own thread for those who shall follow you.

Adios for now my friends. Off to the rat race. :)

@njugunts
You have been of great help to this forum and we wish you all the best as we also prepare to travel. I have in boxed you
@olyn

All the best

xray

is it a must that one must carry the xray film,have tried to pack it in my hand luggage but it cant fit,am trying to avoid carrying too much cos my trip is quite long,may be i will put it in my luggage which i will check in,is this a good idea please advice:confused:

is it a must that one must carry the xray film,have tried to pack it in my hand luggage but it cant fit,am trying to avoid carrying too much cos my trip is quite long,may be i will put it in my luggage which i will check in,is this a good idea please advice:confused:

@syokimau, I think one carry it even in a paper bag

@wakahu are back in the country or still exploring obamaland and what is the ltest of your findings

In the us

:D Hi guys, trust everybody is well. I must apologise for being so lost. We arrived here in Boston on Wednesday Nov 23rd. Took quite some time at POE coz there were many people waiting but finally were cleared. Waiting for our GC and SSN for the job search to start. All the best to everybody
@Olyn, will inbox you soon. When will you be leaving for Kenya?

:D Hi guys, trust everybody is well. I must apologise for being so lost. We arrived here in Boston on Wednesday Nov 23rd. Took quite some time at POE coz there were many people waiting but finally were cleared. Waiting for our GC and SSN for the job search to start. All the best to everybody
@Olyn, will inbox you soon. When will you be leaving for Kenya?

@mamaizoo,
Thanks God you had a safe journey and we trust God will guide you in the job search.