• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

hi every1 hp ur all doing fine have been away for so long mambo mengi(so busy) bt am fine iv heard alot of gud news here wanjeri has got the visa congrates n welcome to united states!!!!!!!!!!!!! to others who r waiting the key is just to be ready with all the documents u can get reach of dont ignore any even a picture of ur own or family carry it includin all the necesary documents which we have been talking about read our old posts they r help ful at gichan iv sent u my number n email @ olyn hope mambo poa ilmtry n get u a call. c u all n take care.

Hello guys i had my interview and i cant tell if its successful or not but the CO is a bad mother****er he is the same guy who interviewed my friend and he'd put under administrative review but i doubt that he would give me a visa he ****ing disappointed me that i don't even feel like putting my experience ...

Hi magkin, so happy that you have remembered us. mambo gani mengi? please tell us more about your experience out there. Mamaizoo should be leaveing soon, my2011 and maybe kensiasat, lam still around and plan to travel around end November.
well, things have been good so far here in kenyan thread. Only kamauz is on AP and we pray all will be postive.
Few others are yet to go, but being members of the thread, I pray they have prepared well.
otherwise lam okey just trying to put everything in place. will call you next week.

@forumites. 2 day my son at the counter with co. Will update as soon as he is done.
@dadada72, we await ur experience.

wakahu jr

@forumites
God Is Great! following is wakahu jr experience
arrived at usa embassy at 6.00 am. guards finally let them in at 7.15am
made payment of 65520.00
went to 1st window perused his documents. was sent to a second window told to pay at cashier 65520.00
went to window 4 met co as follows.
co: hi. ur names
wk jr: ans
co: when did u finish high school?
wk jr: 2005
co:what r u doing now:
wk jr: final semester medical school
co:where are transcrpits
wk jr:i dont have them but i have my addmisions leter plus uon id card.
co: perused documents and asked 4 high school certificate
co:have u ever been to usa
wk jr: ans, btewwn 1995 and 2000 as f2 dependent of .....
co:who do u know in the usa?
wk jr:my ......
co:if you get the GRNCRD do u abandon ur medical studies?
wk jr: no, i 1st finish my degree as i graduate in december, go to usa,return for my internship, then return to usa for my postgrADuate degree
co:but kenyan medical certis are not recognized?
wk jr:i plan to sit for usmle exams in april and september so as to convert/licence to prACItice in usa.
co: congrats, come on tuesday at 2.00 pm for your visa. do not buy/plan for travel until you get the visa
wk jr: thank you very much
wk jr:n.b. DO NOT CARRY FAKE DOCUMENTS AS AN APPLICANT HAD THREE FAKE DOCUMENTS AND HE WAS BARRED FROM TRAVELLING TO THE USA FOR FIVE YEARS ON EACH OF THE FAKE DOCUMENTS OR 5MILLION SHILLINGS. Also he was handed over to the securtiy team and he doesnt know what happened to him
MOLA TUNAKUSHUKURU

@wakahu Jnr,God was with you congras and the dad on behalf and its good you will all be traveling as a family as your results will also be positive. God has indeed blessed the members of this forum we continue to pray for those on the queue

@Yaso don't loss hope we expect the best with prayers and good preparation everything is possible, give us your experience and members of the forum will learn from it, It is good to share experience whatever the outcome
dadadada we are waiting for your experience,and we know that victor is all yours

Magkin, we are indeed looking forward to joining you by the end of November and continue giving us your experience as we know it is a bit challenging for newcomers but once one gets into the system things start cooling down you can keep reminding us what to expect as newcomers so that we are well prepared

@ wakahu jr.

Congrats!

Must be worth missing the exam.

@Wakahu snr.

Its your turn now. All the best!

@ olyn

I'm ready to go n face the recession.
All the best in your preparation!.

@ all

Don't over think though. No amount of preparation can substitute your unique experience on the ground.

My wife interview is scheduled on September 1st. And she is 38 weeks pregnant.
On August 31th at 1.00 PM she started feeling some unusual pain. We started praying, asking God not to allow her giving birth before our interview. We know that if the baby is born after the interview she ll be processed at the port of entry only by showing to the border agent her birth certificate, but if the baby is born after the interview, thing may get worse: we ll have to do the baby`s medicals (215 dollars) + visa fees (819 dollars) + establishing the official birth certificate which takes at least 4 weeks in Montreal (express procedure is not available in Quebec) + applying for her Canadian passport. The 2011 DV program ends up on sept 30 2011. We are running out of time, and then it won’t be possible to fulfill those requirements within 4 weeks. Consequently we ll loose our immigration visa for good (bad luck).
The pain reached its climax at 4 .00 PM and my wife cannot bear it anymore, her water broke and we end-up at the hospital around 5.00 PM where she gave birth to a beautiful and healthy baby girl at 10.00 PM. Can you believe that!
Soon after the birth we inform the doctor that we have a serious issue with our DV interview that will be held in few hours the next day at 8.00 AM, we explain the entire event and how it was important for us to get that visa. The doctor tried to persuade us not to attend the interview because my wife is too tired and her vaginal wounds have to be healed first. Finally after a 20 min meeting the doctors considered the whole situation including its impact in our future so they decide to give to my wife a certificate of temporary absence form the hospital for the next day valid from 6.00 AM to 10 .00 AM but without the baby (has to stay in the hospital). We thanked God!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ran home picked-up the documents, my wife clothes and mine, and head back to the hospital around 1.00 AM. The night was really too short, lot of things going inside my head…………………………………..

We arrived at the consulate around 6:40AM. We were the first in line with a few others arriving after 7AM. The doors opened at 7:30AM promptly and we were the first to enter. After going through security, we waited downstairs and sat in the chairs next to the elevator. We were sent up in the elevator to the 19th floor around 8AM. As we were the first off the elevator, received C1 and was told to have a seat. We were called up to the first window within a few minutes of being seated

We were called at the first window 30 min later, the lady proceed and took our fingerprints and medical results (not the x-ray or vaccination documentation) and passport. The agent found that my wife wore the hospital bracelet and then ask:
The Agent: why are you wearing the hospital bracelet?
My wife: I am just coming from the hospital because I gave birth few hours ago. I ask for a temporary absence from hospital but the doctors at first were skeptical but they finally understood my worries and decided to let me attend the interview without the baby
The Agent: are you serious? she called the CO to hear my wife story………………………..the CO was impressed by my wife courage and determination to get the visa. Because my wife was in pain. The agent asked for all our documents and the CO decided to interview my wife immediately after the documents checking.
The interview
CO: I can`t believes you came here few hours after giving birth!
My wife: answer……….
CO: baby gender?
My wife: baby girl and I gave her name
CO:…………….still amazed by my wife courage……………………..
My wife:……………………still in pain…………………………….
CO: pleased my wife to have a seat
My wife: thanks
CO: asked my wife to raise her right hand and swear to tell the truth ------------------then took fingerprint-----------
My wife: did
CO: recheck my wife diplomas and school transcript. Were you on F1 status in the pass?
My wife:ans………….
CO: where do you live ?
My wife:ans……………
CO: what are you doing for living?
My wife:ans----------
CO:do you have relative in US?
My wife:ans---------------
CO: what are you going to do in US?
My wife:ans--------------------------
CO: started typing………………….afterward she asked me to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth ………….
Me: did----------------
CO: confirmed my profession
Me: correct
CO: in which us state are you going to live?

Me:ans------------------------
CO: what are you going to do in US?
Me:ans-------------------------
CO: ok --------and started typing--------------then asked both of us to sign the DS230 form, she added that the newborn will be processed at the port of entry. She pulled out the letter "Welcome to the United States” and said we were approved and wished us good luck.

It was a fabulous day!

Wish you all a good luck and thank you all(ammeck 09 , kunato,my2011,kennyeast,sista-mai,mamaizo Popescandy1,yaso,and all others,) once again for sharing the information here.

@dadada72 : Congrats, God is Great! Those were two wonderful gestures to ur family by God, daughter and visa.
Other forumites, journey continues, till 30th September, no retreat!

@dadadada72

That was a sweet victory. God cannot let down those who ask from him. We should also celebrate the victory of a member of this forum and we wish the young one all the best.

@Nelimah @wakahu@Ngugimuturi your victory is also coming

@dadadada72

That was a sweet victory. God cannot let down those who ask from him. We should also celebrate the victory of a member of this forum and we wish the young one all the best.

@Nelimah @wakahu@Ngugimuturi your victory is also coming

thanks you so much........

good luck all Kenyans who are waiting to attend interviews,god will answer your prayers and you will all be winners in Jesus name.there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

@MEMBERS

We have 8 DAYS to go before the official close of the DVS 2011 Fiscal Year at the Nairobi US Embassy. So members let us pray for those on the queue so that they can emerge victorious. We have seen the Lords blessing for members of this forum and we have no doubt they will be successful.

Guys we need your prayers.

CN:2011AF00087XXX
1st NL Dated: April 2010
1st NL:Received May 2010
2NL: August/2011
Medical:01/Sept
Police Cert applied:August/2011
Received: August/2011
Interview: 08/09/2011
POE: Atlanta Georgia

dadadada72,

Congrats on the interview success and the birth of your daughter. So happy for you man, with God all things are possible.

Wakahu Jr, congrats your success is the success of this forum

Wakahu Sr, victory is yours in Jesus' name.

Guys we need your prayers.

CN:2011AF00087XXX
1st NL Dated: April 2010
1st NL:Received May 2010
2NL: August/2011
Medical:01/Sept
Police Cert applied:August/2011
Received: August/2011
Interview: 08/09/2011
POE: Atlanta Georgia

We shall pray, all shall be well with you.

dadadada72,

Congrats on the interview success and the birth of your daughter. So happy for you man, with God all things are possible.

Wakahu Jr, congrats your success is the success of this forum

Wakahu Sr, victory is yours in Jesus' name.

thanks --------

Pls remember the following; original + photocopies
Pasport,o level certificate,birthcertificate,mariage certificate,two photographs,police certificate with attached fingerprints,medical certificate and cash $819.00 per applicant.(iom medicals nbi r sent str8 to embasy but we msa piple were given ours to carry) BEST OF LUCK!