• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Wakahu jr.collected his visa today. Was told last day to travel is february 10th but last day of arrival in the usa is february 15th.

@ Wanjeri

I thought the official close of the DV2011 is September 30th. Is now Sept 13th?

@DVwinner The KCC official last day is 30th September but Nairobi Embassy Last Day is normally by 15th September then they start preparation for the next Fiscal Year DVS Winners. You are only issued a visa after 15th if your case had been considered.

Glory to God

Guys i am just back from the embassy i have my receipt collecting my visa on Monday.The interview was very smooth.I was only asked what i am currently doing and what i will be doing in USA,and how i will survive financial.Then i swore and pap i was told welcome to US.Thank you guys all olyn,wakanu,mamaizoo,may2011 everyone who helped us through this process.we all need 2 keep communicating.

Thank God.

Guys i am just back from the embassy i have my receipt collecting my visa on Monday.The interview was very smooth.I was only asked what i am currently doing and what i will be doing in USA,and how i will survive financial.Then i swore and pap i was told welcome to US.Thank you guys all olyn,wakanu,mamaizoo,may2011 everyone who helped us through this process.we all need 2 keep communicating.

Thank God.
Congratulations, our God has done it again. All glory and honour we give to Him.

@ all

sorry guys i'm unable to keep contstant touch with the forum . i don't knw whats happening to mobile acess to this site.All in all is see things are proceeding as we hoped.

@Dadadadada72

congrats! extraordinary stuff! that lady is a tough cookie! hatsoff to her.you simply deserve all in one.

@nellimah2

Congrats!

@ wakahu Snr.

your turn towrap up the fiscal year with sucess!

@Kamauz

How far?

@all

i'm heading out to Obamaland on monday!
All the best.

Thank God.

God is great as he has seen most of the members of this forum through.What remains now is to focus on on the challenges ahead.

@ all

sorry guys i'm unable to keep contstant touch with the forum . i don't knw whats happening to mobile acess to this site.All in all is see things are proceeding as we hoped.

@Dadadadada72

congrats! extraordinary stuff! that lady is a tough cookie! hatsoff to her.you simply deserve all in one.

@nellimah2

Congrats!

@ wakahu Snr.

@Kamauz

How far?

@all

All the best.

Safe safari and tell us more when you get there.we need to know the experince while i USA for as to prepare well in advance.keep in touch

@my2011

All the best as you travel tomorrow. I will be joining you first week of Dec. and plz keep us updated

@ all

@Dadadadada72

@nellimah2

Congrats!

@ wakahu Snr.

@Kamauz

How far?

@all

All the best.

sorry guys for keeping quiet for such a long time. congrats for those who had successful interviews,,,for those waiting wish you all the best with GOD everything is possible. Our D-Day with Ngugimuturi is tomorrow,,pliz guys pray for me.

CN:2011AF00078XXX
1st NL Dated: April 2010
1st NL:Received May 2010
2NL: 4/August/2011
Police Cert received:05/08/2011
Medical:02/09/2011
interview: 12/09/2011
POE: NJ

@valvin and ngugimuturi, wish you luck.
my2011 pray you have a safe journey and please contact us when you reach.
may Gods' blessings follow you behind.....

Last edited by a moderator:
may Gods' blessings follow you behind.

Praise the LORD....we were given the visa pick-up receipt for tomorrow at 2 p.m for those who gave us support like olyn,wakahu,Ngugimuturi,my2011and others- THANKS A LOT & GOD BLESS YOU ALL. for those waiting best wishes and we pray for you.
NO MUCH QUESTIONS FROM TH CO- Date of marriage,highest grade in KCSE, occupation,intention of travel,where we are going to stay in the US,how we r going to survive and how to raise the airfare.that was all.the CO was very nice.confidence and honesty is my key advice.

CN:2011AF00078XXX
1st NL Dated: April 2010
1st NL:Received May 2010
2NL: 4/August/2011
Police Cert received:05/08/2011
Medical:02/09/2011
interview: 12/09/2011 (successful )
POE: NJ

Last edited by a moderator:
@valvin and @Ngugimuturi congratulations for your success we now prepare to have our Xmas in the Obamaland

@WAKAHU your success is also coming

@DVS 2012. November CUT OFF is 13,000 compared to last years 12,000. So the pace is picking up

@olyn and @mamaizoo we are now a bigger team that will meet in the obamaland

SUCCESSFUL
Hi all, have been out of this for sometimes - my phones refused to access the site.
Anyway, our interview was yesterday 12th and the questions were very few and simple -
The CO asked us to swear that we'll tell the truth
He asked the date of our marriage - told him the date and when we registered it
When did you pay the dowry? - told him and added that I have not paid it fully
When was your daughter born? - told (he noted I was the one answering the question and he switched to my wife who's the winner?
Which school did you attend - answered
In which grades did you perform best - she answered
In which did you perform poorly - answered
He then asked how we intend to suppor ourselves in the states - answered we intend to be hosted by our sister at this point i told him we want to change the host from my younger to elder sister - I gave him the address (By the way they didnt change it - the envelopes we were given still have the younger sister's address - though its not a big issue)
He pulled a green paper and confirmed our visas to be collected today at 2.00pm
THAT SIMPLE. To all the others who have not attended, wish you all the best. @Valvin, congrats for the success - we sat on the same bench yesterday and today though we dont know each other.

Thanks for your concern olyn - was successful! Will keep in touch - hoping to travel by the end of this month

may Gods' blessings follow you behind.