• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

The principal applicant can go first,beneficiary(s) to follow

oh no not again,now which is which,am asking again,can my beneficiary follow me later?am getting confusing answers,some say i have to travel with my beneficiary ,others say they can follow later,am the principal applicant and i want to travel first.is this ok,please help.

Right after we got our visas, i emailed the Embassy asking whether my husband could go first and i follow 2months later with our boy. I was told that I being the Principal Applicant (PA) could go first, for my husband and son to follow me later b4 the expiry of the visas and not vice versa.

Another thing, it is NOT MANDATORY that beneficiaries accompany the PA. They can follow HIM/HER later if they so wish before their visas expire

The principal applicant can enter first and the beneficiaries can follow so long as its before the visa expires. if you look closely you'll see the visas are notated with stars, one star for the principal and two stars for dependants. Beneficiaries CANNOT preceed the principal

Well my2011 thank God your journey was safe.Keep everyone posted.Am planning to travel in Feb which is my last month since i have alot to finish.Is this going to be a problem.is there any limited days u have to be in USA before the expiry of your visa?.

Well my2011 thank God your journey was safe.Keep everyone posted.Am planning to travel in Feb which is my last month since i have alot to finish.Is this going to be a problem.is there any limited days u have to be in USA before the expiry of your visa?.

Nope. But you should enter before the last day of expiry of you visa. mine was only left with 12 days to expire.
All the best.

Right after we got our visas, i emailed the Embassy asking whether my husband could go first and i follow 2months later with our boy. I was told that I being the Principal Applicant (PA) could go first, for my husband and son to follow me later b4 the expiry of the visas and not vice versa.

Another thing, it is NOT MANDATORY that beneficiaries accompany the PA. They can follow HIM/HER later if they so wish before their visas expire

I have a similar question in my case i want to travel first as the principal applicant stay for 2 months then travel back to home country after which i travel with the whole family to the USA all within the 6 months. NB the idea is to familarise my self with the US ie get accomodation,GC ,SSN as with a family my host will not be able to accomodate all of us. I have a good job ie working in the financial sector and want to be sure that i will get the GC ,SSN etc before i resign from my job .It is the kids education in US that is the pull factor to settle in the US.

Guys is this strategy of mine possible?

Kenyans winners

I must say that lam so grateful to God for the success miracle stories we have had on our thread.
begining with njugunut who was among the first people to leave the embassy smiling, then lil'angel, mydv2011, magkin,kamatich, then later on mamaizoo group, then lastely wakahu group, then finally valvin and the rest. its just unfortunate that our dear brother kamauz did not make it. but I believe God has a plan for every one, and His words says... they are always good plans........' so I just wish him the best.
Otherwise we are now a big bigger family, as some one said. maybe after settling in obamaland, we will organise , meet for those who can be found, then offer prayers to almighty God, for this
is just the begining of a new life.
Iam leaving on Nov. 18th by qatar airline God willing.
May God bless all.

thanks so much mamaizoo,at least now i have a good answer,i will travel first and then my beneficiary will follow later,asante sana.:)

I must say that lam so grateful to God for the success miracle stories we have had on our thread.
begining with njugunut who was among the first people to leave the embassy smiling, then lil'angel, mydv2011, magkin,kamatich, then later on mamaizoo group, then lastely wakahu group, then finally valvin and the rest. its just unfortunate that our dear brother kamauz did not make it. but I believe God has a plan for every one, and His words says... they are always good plans........' so I just wish him the best.
Otherwise we are now a big bigger family, as some one said. maybe after settling in obamaland, we will organise , meet for those who can be found, then offer prayers to almighty God, for this
is just the begining of a new life.
Iam leaving on Nov. 18th by qatar airline God willing.
May God bless all.

thanks olyn,,,for the rest who already have visas congrats.still praying for those waiting before end of fiscal year.i have disturbing question.My host in Us intends to move to different state before we travel. what are the consequences and what should we do? please help?

God is gracious that the year 2011 come to an end with a high percentage of success. When we move to Obamaland we should be able to form a strong team in the DIASPORA

Last edited by a moderator:
hello folks! So after 8 long months the consulate replied Yesterday and told me that i had to re-do my medicals since mine had expired...time is really not on my side plus i have to reschedule an interview date...my2011 how did you reschedule an appointment? Do i get to pay the 809$ again? Kindly reply

Kamauz

first congrats! your visa MUST be approved. I met a lot of folks asked for second medical and all got the visa.
No you will only pay for the cost of new medical ONLY. and even for the new medical you will NOT pay for vaccines since they willNOT be repeated.you will pay for X-ray, n physical so it should be MUCH less less may be upto KES 15000.
please try not to reschedule rather push the medical with the IOM. explain to them it's repeat or follow up medical.
all the best.
We're now in the US.

the problem with rescheduling is that its done by email since those guys cannot be reached by phone. they may take 1 or2 days to reply the email and reschedule you. that's time you don't have.

Kamauz

first congrats! your visa MUST be approved. I met a lot of folks asked for second medical and all got the visa.
No you will only pay for the cost of new medical ONLY. and even for the new medical you will NOT pay for vaccines since they willNOT be repeated.you will pay for X-ray, n physical so it should be MUCH less less may be upto KES 15000.
please try not to reschedule rather push the medical with the IOM. explain to them it's repeat or follow up medical.
all the best.
We're now in the US.

That is good news Kamauz,at least you have to do the interview again before close of the fiscal year.
may2011 please update us on life in U.S.A.Since i have 4months before i traveled i can get prepared.
otherwise all the best with your family.

hello folks! So after 8 long months the consulate replied Yesterday and told me that i had to re-do my medicals since mine had expired...time is really not on my side plus i have to reschedule an interview date...my2011 how did you reschedule an appointment? Do i get to pay the 809$ again? Kindly reply

Kamauz, i had great faith in God your visa would go through. So happy for you. Hope by now you have done the medicals.

@Kamauz

Thanks to God that at long last the Embassy has broken the silence. Our prayers is that you will be the last standing member of the fiscal year 2011 to bring victory to this house. my2011 experience will be enriching to your preparation

@members of the forum in the Diaspora

Do you carry the X-rays in your hand luggage together with your vaccination certificate

Omg,is it a must that one must carry the xray,which medical certificate is this you are talking about,i was never given any,the only thing i was given is a paper showing the vaccines i got,could this be the certificate?

Omg,is it a must that one must carry the xray,which medical certificate is this you are talking about,i was never given any,the only thing i was given is a paper showing the vaccines i got,could this be the certificate?

yes, its the one

Hello guys! its been 9 very long months of uncertainties and very strange happenings in my quest to obtain my visa..... i first had my date with the CO and unfortunately placed under AP.. I spent the next eight months checking up on my case but was met with the "your case is still undergoing AP you'll be contacted as soon as its done". I have to admit that i had almost given up all hope, then again God works in mysterious ways, so on 27th, 3 days before D-day got an e mail from the consulate telling me that i needed to re-do my medical since the one in my file was expired...i made my way to IOM and got there at around 3pm and managed to convince them to squeeze me in.I did the x-ray bar the vaccinations and the physical which completed the next day (Wednesday.)
Come Thursday morning i presented my self at the consulate with no prior appointment fearing that i would be turned back for not booking one in advance.. turns out that i did not need to have to an appointment since the yellow paper(221g) handed out to me when i was placed under AP was all they needed to process you again... i submitted my passport and the form 221g to a consular officer and after a while was called back and issued with my visa pickup form and told to come back on Monday to collect my visa.
Phew!!! am glad and thankful to he almighty for seeing me through this tiring saga...Thank you all for your support...

Hello guys! its been 9 very long months of uncertainties and very strange happenings in my quest to obtain my visa..... i first had my date with the CO and unfortunately placed under AP.. I spent the next eight months checking up on my case but was met with the "your case is still undergoing AP you'll be contacted as soon as its done". I have to admit that i had almost given up all hope, then again God works in mysterious ways, so on 27th, 3 days before D-day got an e mail from the consulate telling me that i needed to re-do my medical since the one in my file was expired...i made my way to IOM and got there at around 3pm and managed to convince them to squeeze me in.I did the x-ray bar the vaccinations and the physical which completed the next day (Wednesday.)
Come Thursday morning i presented my self at the consulate with no prior appointment fearing that i would be turned back for not booking one in advance.. turns out that i did not need to have to an appointment since the yellow paper(221g) handed out to me when i was placed under AP was all they needed to process you again... i submitted my passport and the form 221g to a consular officer and after a while was called back and issued with my visa pickup form and told to come back on Monday to collect my visa.
Phew!!! am glad and thankful to he almighty for seeing me through this tiring saga...Thank you all for your support...

@Kamauz,The lord says that victory belongs to him and for those who wait patiently they will be crowned. It has been our prayers that all members of this forum will recieve their visas and we say thanks to God for that victory

@my2011,thanks for that information. What about geting another dose of vaccines. Exactly when does it take place