• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

kenweed
I send mine without No 10 AND No 11.
Just send, theres' no problem at all. When you finally get the address, send an e-mail.
It is also important you put your signature down, if you have a problem doing so, say, so that you get assistance.
You get answers for your question promptly from members when they see the signature.
Welcome to the forum.

just confirmed my interview date is on 8th of sept,i have no clue what i should be having in terms of documents.Please olyn
and everyone who has finished can i have a clue of what documents to carry(full list).Then how does one go about booking the medicals date.I will be going for good conduct next week.I am just excited hope it will go well

Interview date on thursday , September the 1st at Montreal

nelilimah2,
where are you planing to do the medical?
1.I did mine in mombasa, just called the doctor and booked the appointment. Nairobi and other places I can't talk for them. Its better you do it at least two weeks to interview date.
2.For Police certificate, visit the nearest CID H/Qs. Mine took less than two weeks.
3.Documents - you need qualifying Education. Nairobi embassy the requirement, they say is form 'four D plain. I don't think if our embassy check what one got in every subject. Higher than that is an added advantage, just carry all the documents incase, the CO ask.
4.Birth certificate
5.Passport, plus all the expired one incase you have. I was asked and lucky enough I had it.
6 Passport photos two- must conform to the requirements.
7 Married or divorce documents depending on your status. I was single with ababy. So I carried an affidavit to claim custody of my baby. I had no problem
8 Medical and x-ray result- do not open.
Just that, someone will add incase I have forgotten anything.
Wish you luck.

VACCINES REPEAT

Hi guys,
I pose this to all those who have traveled. Is it a must to repeat the vaccines after 6wks? I guy we did medicals with was told to redo them AFTER 6WKS at the embassy and had the repeat vaccines last week. What happens if ONE fails to do them coz on emailing IOM i was told i can even redo them in the US - that with the vaccine cert i already have i can travel. How necessary is the repeat of the vaccines? I need more info on this. A repeat of the vaccines will cost us 34k and if i can save that the better for me.

Thanks Olyn ,this is very helpful,i will be doing my medicals in Nairobi.where do i get the information on the doctors contacts.I hope i will get in the 2nd NFL,which should be arriving soon.How long do the medical results take to be ready?.I wanted to do my medicals 1 wk to interview,will this be fine?.

Then about the vaccines can take other vaccines in a different hospital e.g Nairobi Hospital and go with the results to the doctor?.,if so which vaccines are those?.

Cogras Dadadada and all who are current september,if you have not confirmed your date call kentucky,it helps to know in advance.

nelilimah2,
where are you planing to do the medical?
1.I did mine in mombasa, just called the doctor and booked the appointment. Nairobi and other places I can't talk for them. Its better you do it at least two weeks to interview date.
2.For Police certificate, visit the nearest CID H/Qs. Mine took less than two weeks.
3.Documents - you need qualifying Education. Nairobi embassy the requirement, they say is form 'four D plain. I don't think if our embassy check what one got in every subject. Higher than that is an added advantage, just carry all the documents incase, the CO ask.
4.Birth certificate
5.Passport, plus all the expired one incase you have. I was asked and lucky enough I had it.
6 Passport photos two- must conform to the requirements.
7 Married or divorce documents depending on your status. I was single with ababy. So I carried an affidavit to claim custody of my baby. I had no problem
8 Medical and x-ray result- do not open.
Just that, someone will add incase I have forgotten anything.
Wish you luck.

Hi all,

I have been reading what you have been posting here and I would just like to thank you all for sharing your experiences. I am looking forward to hearing more from all that have already gone through the processes and I also eagerly look forward to sharing my own experiences for the benefit of all.

Thank you all and I wish you all Best of Luck in this process.

GOD BLESS us All.

VACCINES REPEAT

Hi guys,
I pose this to all those who have traveled. Is it a must to repeat the vaccines after 6wks? I guy we did medicals with was told to redo them AFTER 6WKS at the embassy and had the repeat vaccines last week. What happens if ONE fails to do them coz on emailing IOM i was told i can even redo them in the US - that with the vaccine cert i already have i can travel. How necessary is the repeat of the vaccines? I need more info on this. A repeat of the vaccines will cost us 34k and if i can save that the better for me.

Hi Mamaizoo?

I guess yo fine, the vaccine repeat is basically for your own good, just to boost up the first vaccine shots so that you can be immune to the diseases they vaccinated you from. You can do them in the US it will not prevent you from travelling to the US though. I never did my 2nd shots and am planning to go get vaccinated soon here in the US. So if u can save up the cash for your travels and then do them later that can be good also but i hope yo not travelling too much after the six weeks so that you get a good immune boost when you finally do the repeat...but if ur able to i would really recommend you to do the shots when six weeks find you in Ke so that atleast you are sure you will not get disease when you travel esp influenza, u know? n esp if you have a kid, it's necessary for him/her to be in good shape so that you don't have to pay more when he/she gets sick get it? i hope this gives you an insight of what to do...Blessings.

Hi good People just wondering, other than the certificate of good conduct is there any other police related document one needs? of course assuming one has never been convicted of any crime.

Iil'angel,
Thank you so much for the answer, it was a real disturbing question here. - (the repeat vaccine).
we rather thought it was another requirement, but if its just a boost, then we can plan for it later.
What of if I repeat the vaccine for my baby, then mine later, don't you think its also aggod idea?
By the way how is the going out there? what of the job search like?
planing to leave end of November.
God bless you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not seen thread for DV2012 kenyan winners.
If we have any please start your thread so that your questions can be answered promptly.
We are here to discuss, we are not experts remember. DV 2011 might not re-visit most of the questions they have gone thro'.........Just an opinion!

I called Kentucky the other day, they told me that my interview date is 15th Sept 2011, the very last day :)!

@Scarnam, prepare well and you will be the last victorious 2011 member from this forum to come out of that place victorious. You will be that last person that they will be looking for to close their fiscal year.Just trust in the alimighty and success will be waiting.

2nl

arrived today in the mail. Now i beleive it wasnt a hoax. Well, time to apply for the Certificate of good conduct, passport, and maybe book a medical interview after getting the passport?

arrived today in the mail. Now i beleive it wasnt a hoax. Well, time to apply for the Certificate of good conduct, passport, and maybe book a medical interview after getting the passport?

Mine not yet, but I believe this week I will get it. Others?

Dear friends,

I have been following the forum on a daily basis and I really draw a lot of motivation and calmness from the information that all of you are providing. So thanks to all of you.

I would like to make a very kind request that you please include information about your case (approximate case #, dates of NL, interview, etc) in your signature. That information make it easier for someone reading to quickly gauge your situation and hopefully draw some useful comparison to their situation (either this year or even for 2012 selectees like myself).

GOOD LUCK to all of you and thanks for all your valuable posts.

WAKAHU

You better literary run for som of those doccuments like the passport because there is no time as 2011 fiscal year is coming to an end.

@Double Trouble welcome to the forum and continue getting updates from the 2011 housemates from this forum.One gets to share his/her fears with people who understand what it takes to prepare for those five minutes appointment with the consular that will finaly shape your destiny.