• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Hi guys. Av been following the thread for a while now. Can someone tell me about this ID thing. Does it have to be attached to the cert of good conduct when going to the embassy? Am saying this coz my ID has two names while the cert has three names after convincing the officers that I am in a process of changing my particulars in the ID.

Case NO: 2011AF00051xxx
Interview: July 25th

What matters to them most is the Police cert and finger prints. You can detach the copy ID but carry it with you should they ask for it but i highly doubt they will ask for it.

@Franc
Congras that was swift and I think the House is blessed as the reports streaming in are those of success form the members of the forum.

@ Kamauz tell us your progress as we are one and we need to know how our members are moving on.

@Nyasuna thanks for briefing the members about your progress in that part of the world.

September date

Congrats Franc! It sure was a breeze. To all Africa current members near and far, all the best
My interview date is 14th September. 2nd NL sent on 20th July. May God grant us all our wishes.

Does anybody have more information about re-entry permit?
Please advise..
We are travelling in the end of october and coming back by the end of november, planning to move next year, but havent settled with the dates yet. So, I am thinking we might need to get one..

'franc' congrats, you've added new hope in the thread!
kroechcharles, intrerview is on the 25th july.
Our prayers are with you. Be confidence and God will see you through.
You don't need to attach the copy of the ID on the 'certificate of good conduct.'
Remember it came with the figure-prints, do not seperate the way I did, just carry it with the prints.
It carries all the evidence.
The ID is only required during the visa pick-up.

Last edited by a moderator:
woo kseniasat, the same has been my problem.
Iam planing to travel end of Novermber 2011, then stay for three weeks and come back home.
I then plan to settle some few issues, then go back to USA after four months.
I have been wondering whether I surely needs a re-entry permit for staying outside USA for four months., and if so, how do I obtain it since my visa expires end of January 2012?
An Opinion-: this is the answer I got from Ghanian thread- If I don't plan to be away of US for aperiod of one year, then I don't need A re-entry permit or to re-new our visa., what I need is to let my host post my my GC when its out, then thats what I will use.(Open for discussion)

Congrats Franc! It sure was a breeze. To all Africa current members near and far, all the best
My interview date is 14th September. 2nd NL sent on 20th July. May God grant us all our wishes.

That's great, congrats! Did you call them or you sent 'em an email? I sent them an email and on 14th July they replied "Your case number is now current for interview processing. Once the interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification from KCC." Am 83XXX, hope I will also be given a date.

Number to call for interview date is +16065267500 between 14.30-23.30hrs our time. Be ready with your case number, full names and date of birth as in your DV 2011 notification. All the best to KoechCharles!May God help you and the others see it through

Olyn,

As far as I know if you stay less than 6 months (not a year) it is Ok. If its more than 6 months but leas than a year you might get some problems, but might be lucky.
For more than a year you definately have to get it.
For us we are planning to finish everything by april-may, though not really sure, so it may take more than 6 months, that is where my concern is.
But if you plan to come back in less than 6 months you shouldnt worry.

Wakahu,

Congrats for getting an appointment for your interview. I couldnt help noticing that your date, 14th September, is a day before the last day of interview for this year. This is a quote from the US Embassy Nrb website "The Embassy will accommodate anyone wishing to pursue their application only up to 15 of September 2011.PLEASE NOTE THAT 15 SEPTEMBER IS THE LAST DAY THAT ONE CAN BE INTERVIEWED." This info makes me a little worried given that my CN is 89xxx. Do you mind sharing the first 2 digits of your CN so that we have a rough idea where we (the people who havent yet gotten a date) have a rough idea of where we stand regarding the possible dates that we could get?

Wakahu,

Congrats for getting an appointment for your interview. I couldnt help noticing that your date, 14th September, is a day before the last day of interview for this year. This is a quote from the US Embassy Nrb website "The Embassy will accommodate anyone wishing to pursue their application only up to 15 of September 2011.PLEASE NOTE THAT 15 SEPTEMBER IS THE LAST DAY THAT ONE CAN BE INTERVIEWED." This info makes me a little worried given that my CN is 89xxx. Do you mind sharing the first 2 digits of your CN so that we have a rough idea where we (the people who havent yet gotten a date) have a rough idea of where we stand regarding the possible dates that we could get?

83XXX, my interview date is 12th September! You need to call them to rub off the suspense, I know you are also scheduled!

Hi, with regard to a permanent address (DS-230 number 10 and 11) would it be safe to send the forms without it if one doesn't have one at the moment? Kindly Help (dv 2012).

My. Number is 2011AF0d 0076*** interbiew on 14 september and I know someone with 2011AF000929** whose interview. Is on 02september who may even postpone his date
as has exams on that day!so the numbers are jumbled up I guess

Thanks so much Kseniasat for putting things striaght.
I have so much to put in place, but will try as much as possible to make sure I don't overstay my 6 months. I don't want problems.
If its one year, you definately rneed a re-entry permit.
Do you now have an idea how to apply for one?
I saw in this 'forum' somewhere about re-entry permits. Can't remember where, but will try find it.
Wish you luck as you plan the journey.
Scarnman, do not worry, You might also go for the interview the same date as Wakahu . Remember Africa is current in sept.
It means all will be interview, so just prepare well. Remember our Nairobi Embassy closes on 15th Sep according to the information on their web. So no room for AP.
Wish you luck

Hi, with regard to a permanent address (DS-230 number 10 and 11) would it be safe to send the forms without it if one doesn't have one at the moment? Kindly Help (dv 2012).

Yes, we sent it without addresses, we wrote there such words WILL BE PROVIDED ON THE INTERVIEW.
The address we gave them when we were in the Embassy on the interview.

Thanks so much Kseniasat for putting things striaght.
Do you now have an idea how to apply for one?

olyn,

I have no idea how to get one, though saw somewhere on the russian forum about it. I hope we wont stay more than 6 months.

just confirmed my interview date is on 8th of sept,i have no clue what i should be having in terms of documents.Please olyn
and everyone who has finished can i have a clue of what documents to carry(full list).Then how does one go about booking the medicals date.I will be going for good conduct next week.I am just excited hope it will go well