• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

@ Mamaizoo: Thx for the information. Do we call to know our interview date or do we check our mail? Please. Advise. Thx

@WAKAHU
Just write them an email giving them your name, date of birth and case number and they will write back to you after three working days

Hallo all!

I am a dv2012 winner. I would be grateful if you could kindly clarify for me the following issues.

1. Education: Does one include Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary Education or just Secondary Education and any other higher education in the DS 230 and DS 122 forms?
2. How long does it take to get a Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Certificate (especially in Mombasa) and what is the procedure? Olyn, Magkin and anyone else who has got it in Mombasa would appreciate your input on this.
3. Is the Police Certificate the same as Certificate of Good Conduct?
4. What is the procedure for getting medical examination in Mombasa and how much did it cost?
5. When sending the DS 230 and DS 122 forms, do I attach the photos with a paper clip, staple to the DS 230 forms or just insert them in the envelope?
6. Do I write my name and case number at the back of the photos? If so, do I use a black or blue pen?
7. I am currently working in a job group that has qualifying work experience according to the dv lottery. However, I can only type the month and year that I started the job. Do I leave the “end month and year” section blank or write with a black pen “present” for example “Jan 2010 – Present”?
8. I printed out the notification letter and it stated that I have to return the barcode sheet to KCC to facilitate the processing of my case. The notification is one page which includes the bar code at the bottom of the page. Do I just send the one page letter with the barcode as it is?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks everyone for the congra. messages.
Yes mamaizoo, the stress is over, but opens the window for another stress all togather. Forgive me, we are just human-being. I was asking this maimazoo, how do to I go about re-entry permit? I plan to travel end of Nov, then come back. will Box you!
Wakahu and those waiting for the interview, Africa is current during the last month. This means that the processing of the doc is over or almost, if lam not wrong. So theres' nothing wrong writing to KCC to confirm the interview date. I say this because its better to do the medical at least one- or two to interview.
About the AOS if you have please please carry, Someone was ask. Each case is unique on its own.
I was asked where I work and how much I earn. Maybe the CO thought I must be saving and also I have some pension if I resign. But suppose you are a student or just finish school.
Please those going as from now carry everything.
Another thing I gave the Police Certificate, then was ask to give the figure-prints from the CID, please don't leave the prints behind.
Franc- wish you the best.
Once more thanks forum members for the prayers, lets pray for the rest too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hallo all!

I am a dv2012 winner. I would be grateful if you could kindly clarify for me the following issues.

Looking forward to your response.

1. Education: include, Primary, Secondary Education and any other higher education in the DS 230 and DS 122 forms.
2. How long does it take to get a Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Certificate? two wks at CID headquarters Kiambu Rd Nairobi.
3. Is the Police Certificate the same as Certificate of Good Conduct? YES
4. What is the procedure for getting medical examination in Mombasa and how much did it cost? Dont know abt MBS but NBI You book via email by giving your full names, date of birth, passport number and case number. The cost varies depending on ones vaccination history but on average 20-22k.
5. When sending the DS 230 and DS 122 forms, do I attach the photos with a paper clip, staple to the DS 230 forms or just insert them in the envelope? I stapled mine.
6. Do I write my name and case number at the back of the photos? If so, do I use a black or blue pen? I WROTE MY NAME, BLACK OR BLUE PEN WILL DO.
7. I am currently working in a job group that has qualifying work experience according to the dv lottery. However, I can only type the month and year that I started the job. Do I leave the “end month and year” section blank or write with a black pen “present” for example “Jan 2010 – Present”? YOU TYPE JUST THE MONTH AND THE YEAR.
8. I printed out the notification letter and it stated that I have to return the barcode sheet to KCC to facilitate the processing of my case. The notification is one page which includes the bar code at the bottom of the page. Do I just send the one page letter with the barcode as it is? THE BARCODE AINT THAT IMPORTANT BUT YOU CAN AS WELL POST THE LETTER AS IT IS IF IT CONTAINS THE BARCODE.

i was wondering is it a must to hav asign document by your host?,or they dont request it?,and if so how am i suppose to go about it.I dont where 2 start.

I had a letter plus paycheck from my host. The CO didnt ask for it. But if they can send you by mail ask them to just in case it is required. Every person case is different remember. Just an official letter (sent as an attachment)addressed to the US embassy NBI whereby your host promises to host and assist you in your stay there till you are financially able to sustain yourself.

how do to I go about re-entry permit? I plan to travel end of Nov, then come back.
I dont know much about it, all that i know is that one has to apply for it before leaving US, IF THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT ONE WILL BE OUT OF THE US for more than six months at any given time. But those more knowledgeable will be in a position to advice you accordingly.
To those going for interview, the fingerprints are very important as Olyn put it - don't detach from the cert. AND ALL THE BEST TOO.

1. Education: include, Primary, Secondary Education and any other higher education in the DS 230 and DS 122 forms.
2. How long does it take to get a Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Certificate? two wks at CID headquarters Kiambu Rd Nairobi.
3. Is the Police Certificate the same as Certificate of Good Conduct? YES
4. What is the procedure for getting medical examination in Mombasa and how much did it cost? Dont know abt MBS but NBI You book via email by giving your full names, date of birth, passport number and case number. The cost varies depending on ones vaccination history but on average 20-22k.
5. When sending the DS 230 and DS 122 forms, do I attach the photos with a paper clip, staple to the DS 230 forms or just insert them in the envelope? I stapled mine.
6. Do I write my name and case number at the back of the photos? If so, do I use a black or blue pen? I WROTE MY NAME, BLACK OR BLUE PEN WILL DO.
7. I am currently working in a job group that has qualifying work experience according to the dv lottery. However, I can only type the month and year that I started the job. Do I leave the “end month and year” section blank or write with a black pen “present” for example “Jan 2010 – Present”? YOU TYPE JUST THE MONTH AND THE YEAR.
8. I printed out the notification letter and it stated that I have to return the barcode sheet to KCC to facilitate the processing of my case. The notification is one page which includes the bar code at the bottom of the page. Do I just send the one page letter with the barcode as it is? THE BARCODE AINT THAT IMPORTANT BUT YOU CAN AS WELL POST THE LETTER AS IT IS IF IT CONTAINS THE BARCODE.

Thanks Mamaizoo!

nemma22, mamaizoo has answered all and nothing to add.
those going for interview, and those under AP, our prayers are with you.
mamaizoo, lam so busy but will box you when I get time.
Be blessed.

Vilvin, nyasuna,ngugunut who has always been concern about my case, Scarnman, mamaizoo, my2011, magkin.nelimah, wanjeri and all the rest of the forumers.
I had a successful interview togather with my girl on the 13th of July 2011 at the Nairobi embassy.
It took about 4-5 minutes.
CO: How are you?
Me: answer
CO: swear that evrything you are going to say is true.
ME I did
CO: Looking at the documents one by one, then pointed at my daughters' Birth certificate and asked
' Who is this?
ME: He was my boyfriend and the father of my baby, I answered boldly.
CO: Laughing, where is he now?
ME: Iam not sure sir.
CO: Is he a ware that you intend to obtain an immigrat visa for the girl?
ME: Yes, I explained to him and he even swore the affidavit that he has no objection the girl going with me.
CO: Where is the affidavit,
ME: I gave him ( I notice that he was not asking for it and so introduce the subject)
CO; Ok, its Ok
CO; Where do work, and as a what. and what is your salary?
ME: I explained.
CO: You've been to USA several times, what do you do while there?
ME: I explained .
CO: My daughter was climbing the window to see whom, I was talking to, ''Is she your daughter''?
ME: Yes Sir
CO: Cogratulation, come collect the visas tomorrow 14th july at 200pm. He gave me a white piece of paper(reciept)
I sat down, arranged my documents and then we left.
The next day we went back to the embassy, got my daughters visa ready, but I was made to wait for about one hour as mine was not ready.I was eventually called, I went picked the visa and left.
N/B I carried the AOS, but was not asked.
I was bold and frank. I had requested GOD to let me not face the CO, if He 'GOD' was not going with me!

nice interview congratulation

Hi Guys,
wow!just had a successful interview this morning.After documents are verified and once you pay,your name is called out.This is how it went.
ME I did
CO: whats your name?
ME: Answer
CO: What do you do?
CO: Whom do you live with?
CO: Come collect the visa on XXth July at 200pm.

That was it. I want to thank God for the interview,all the forumists for their wonderful replies and encouragement and also wish those waiting the very best.
NB: Don't forget to carry the Form with your fingerprints

Hi Guys,
wow!just had a successful interview this morning.After documents are verified and once you pay,your name is called out.This is how it went.
ME I did
CO: whats your name?
CO: What do you do?
CO: Whom do you live with?
CO: Come collect the visa on XXth July at 200pm.

That was it. I want to thank God for the interview,all the forumists for their wonderful replies and encouragement and also wish those waiting the very best.
NB: Don't forget to carry the Form with your fingerprints

congratulation,
your wife was interviewed as well ?

Hi guys. Av been following the thread for a while now. Can someone tell me about this ID thing. Does it have to be attached to the cert of good conduct when going to the embassy? Am saying this coz my ID has two names while the cert has three names after convincing the officers that I am in a process of changing my particulars in the ID.

Case NO: 2011AF00051xxx
Interview: July 25th